AFromSlay is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question How do I get shredded/burn as many calories, while putting on as much muscle?

What’s up - so I just finished up an intense weight loss journey. 30lb’s in >2 months. Skinny isn’t as appealing as it was anymore. So I want to achieve a shredded body. I’m currently 165lb’s, 5’11”, and a 24-year old male. For the record, I am a vegetarian. However I consume what’s provided in meat, in vegan-friendly ways. Some examples of people with bodies I want are Bruce Lee, or Hrithik Roshan. Although foreign and not as popular in American cultures, both of them are highly praised for their bodies by their fans. I’d upload pics here but it’s my first time on this forum and have no idea what I’m doing. But they are all over Google. For me, I currently have the body of a skinny kid. I’ve been lifting weights, doing miscellaneous workouts that I’m sure is the bare minimum of what I really should be doing if I want to get that kind of body. But I really don’t know what I should be doing. So I need y’all’s help! Now… What I DON’T want is a “swole”, “jacked”, “bulky” body. I’d like to continue losing as much unnecessary calories as possible, while putting on as much muscle as I can. I don’t want to really look “big”. Actually, with a shirt on, I’d like to look slim and average. When I take my shirt off is when I want it to look defined/shredded. Despite the workload or the fact that I’m a vegan and that makes it “harder/impossible to get a body like that”, if anyone has any useful tips it’d be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone! 🙏🏼

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You won't do them at the same time. There is no shortcut, it's better IMO to focus on one goal at a time
    - lose fat and maintain muscle - any muscle that is built is a bonus
    - gain muscle at maintenance calories or slighly above. You will NOT lose any fat during this time but it's necessary and probably the longest phase.

Posting pictures will help decide what to do first and how much of it.

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^ What he said

There’s no way you will look overly «bulky» or «jacked» as a natty no matter how much you try. The only exception is if you have a large skeletal frame and/or unusually good genetics for muscle building. Those guys tend to look muscular even before they pick up a weight.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

AFromSlay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You won't do them at the same time. There is no shortcut, it's better IMO to focus on one goal at a time
    - lose fat and maintain muscle - any muscle that is built is a bonus
    - gain muscle at maintenance calories or slighly above. You will NOT lose any fat during this time but it's necessary and probably the longest phase.

Posting pictures will help decide what to do first and how much of it.
    Hmm yeah that makes sense. Had a friend also tell me I’m eating way less in calories than what I should be eating

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wasn't aware you could eat "what’s provided in meat, in vegan-friendly ways", but sounds like a good loophole.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I wasn't aware you could eat "what’s provided in meat, in vegan-friendly ways", but sounds like a good loophole.
    Maybe he means eating meat from a herbivore as opposed to meat from an omnivore or carnivore. Meat from a herbivore would be one degree away from being vegan. That would eliminate things like bear, crow, vulture, opossum, raccoon, coyote, most fish and other such creatures. You won't catch me eating anything on that list except bear and fish. If I did eat bear, I'd make a jacket from its coat. Like The Revenant.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Maybe he means eating meat from a herbivore as opposed to meat from an omnivore or carnivore. Meat from a herbivore would be one degree away from being vegan. That would eliminate things like bear, crow, vulture, opossum, raccoon, coyote, most fish and other such creatures. You won't catch me eating anything on that list except bear and fish. If I did eat bear, I'd make a jacket from its coat. Like The Revenant.
    I was actually thinking maybe searching for fresh roadkill or carcasses in the forest, although that sounds like something you probably have a few stories about.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I was actually thinking maybe searching for fresh roadkill or carcasses in the forest, although that sounds like something you probably have a few stories about.
    Our 2 German shephards dragged a roadkill deer through the snow to our back yard. I could see the 2 sets of dog tracks on both sides of the channel in the snow where the deer pushed the snow down. They dragged it about 1/2 a mile. It took them about 4 days to eat the whole thing.

Another time I was hunting ducks with 2 other guys from my boat and my dog. At the end of the hunt we go out to pick up the decoys and the dog stays in the boat with the ducks. When we return to the boat, my dog had eaten all the ducks that one particular guy had shot. He left the other ducks alone. That guy is doing 20+ in a federal prison now.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Our 2 German shephards dragged a roadkill deer through the snow to our back yard. I could see the 2 sets of dog tracks on both sides of the channel in the snow where the deer pushed the snow down. They dragged it about 1/2 a mile. It took them about 4 days to eat the whole thing.

Another time I was hunting ducks with 2 other guys from my boat and my dog. At the end of the hunt we go out to pick up the decoys and the dog stays in the boat with the ducks. When we return to the boat, my dog had eaten all the ducks that one particular guy had shot. He left the other ducks alone. That guy is doing 20+ in a federal prison now.
    What did the guy do?
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    What did the guy do?
    His wife at the time had a 14 or 15 year old daughter from a previous marriage. This guy got the daughter pregnant.
    Current rankings:

JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamalFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AFromSlay View Post
    What’s up - so I just finished up an intense weight loss journey. 30lb’s in >2 months. Skinny isn’t as appealing as it was anymore. So I want to achieve a shredded body. I’m currently 165lb’s, 5’11”, and a 24-year old male. For the record, I am a vegetarian. However I consume what’s provided in meat, in vegan-friendly ways. Some examples of people with bodies I want are Bruce Lee, or Hrithik Roshan. Although foreign and not as popular in American cultures, both of them are highly praised for their bodies by their fans. I’d upload pics here but it’s my first time on this forum and have no idea what I’m doing. But they are all over Google. For me, I currently have the body of a skinny kid. I’ve been lifting weights, doing miscellaneous workouts that I’m sure is the bare minimum of what I really should be doing if I want to get that kind of body. But I really don’t know what I should be doing. So I need y’all’s help! Now… What I DON’T want is a “swole”, “jacked”, “bulky” body. I’d like to continue losing as much unnecessary calories as possible, while putting on as much muscle as I can. I don’t want to really look “big”. Actually, with a shirt on, I’d like to look slim and average. When I take my shirt off is when I want it to look defined/shredded. Despite the workload or the fact that I’m a vegan and that makes it “harder/impossible to get a body like that”, if anyone has any useful tips it’d be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!
    I believe explosive atheltic style excercises work the best for getting shredded. But in my opinion they also take the most willpower lol.

Also a low carb, keto diet or something similar is essential for shredding.
    503.4lb – Start weight (Oct 17 2021)
    488.6lb - Current weight (October 24 2021)
    14.8lb - Weight Lost since last week
    14.8lb - Total weight loss (After 1 week)

Click this link to watch my latest weight loss vlog on Youtube!:
    >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NptUZ3qIfe0 <<

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JamalFit View Post
    I believe explosive atheltic style excercises work the best for getting shredded. But in my opinion they also take the most willpower lol.

Also a low carb, keto diet or something similar is essential for shredding.
    False on both points.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    His wife at the time had a 14 or 15 year old daughter from a previous marriage. This guy got the daughter pregnant.
    Whoops...
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Whoops...
    Current rankings:

I'm gonna guess that causing the pregnancy wasn't the actual crime.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    His wife at the time had a 14 or 15 year old daughter from a previous marriage. This guy got the daughter pregnant raped her.
    Fixed it.

I'm gonna guess that causing the pregnancy wasn't the actual crime.
    The guys wife was as crazy as he was. Used to party with her a long time ago. Tiffany was her name, and her names location on this scale is appropriate. She was a red headed nurse, not a hairdresser though.

Current rankings:

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The guys wife was as crazy as he was. Used to party with her a long time ago. Tiffany was her name, and her names location on this scale is appropriate. She was a red headed nurse, not a hairdresser though.

This thread went a completely different direction than I ever imagined was possible. Loving the Crazy/Hot chart though, LOL.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.