Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

How far do you walk each day (steps/miles) & does it play into your diet at all?

Ik what you're thinking...I'm NOT trying to start another tired old Feiggenbaum TDEE debate. I'm just curious because I've found that decreasing my step count from 15k down to about 10k per day has helped with my bulking efforts. I've also noticed that If I walk less than 7k steps per so, my appetite totally disappears. Has anyone else noticed similar changes?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I actually have no idea how many steps/miles I walk each day, but also don't track cals.

My appetite def doesn't decrease based on less active days though. If I'm very active on a particular day doing something like snowboarding/sports etc. my appetite does go up, but I don't always decide to eat more.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Right now I range between 10 and 12k

This has 100% increased my bulking progress and actually my recovery as well.

At one point I was averaging 20k… dropped to 15k… and now with 10-12k, it feels like a sweet spot where I’m still getting recovery aid from the LISS without tiring out my legs

It doesn’t factor into my diet per se, but it definitely effects my expenditure

I’m not sure what levels of activity would reduce my appetite, but I’m sure if I reduced to <7 I’d feel a difference
    Last edited by AdamWW; 10-18-2021 at 07:55 PM.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It was a really nice day here on Saturday, so I ended up walking nearly the entire afternoon and much of the evening. Was about 12 miles total. Didn't really make me that hungry, but I managed to lose weight even after eating an unplanned buffet meal while visiting my family! Several plates of sushi and a decent allowance of wantons, etc. Also the walk was after generous pizza and wings on Friday, so I think it definitely did something.

If I had to list the top five most useful pieces of knowledge this forum has taught me, pretty high on the list would be how effective low intensity activity is from calorie burn, daily life practical, and recovery standpoints.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    It was a really nice day here on Saturday, so I ended up walking nearly the entire afternoon and much of the evening. Was about 12 miles total. Didn't really make me that hungry, but I managed to lose weight even after eating an unplanned buffet meal while visiting my family! Several plates of sushi and a decent allowance of wantons, etc. Also the walk was after generous pizza and wings on Friday, so I think it definitely did something.

If I had to list the top five most useful pieces of knowledge this forum has taught me, pretty high on the list would be how effective low intensity activity is from calorie burn, daily life practical, and recovery standpoints.
    Damn man, that’s like 25k steps….

Probably burned 1200 calories during that
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Damn man, that’s like 25k steps….

Probably burned 1200 calories during that
    Apparently so! And I was just enjoying the day. Makes you wonder if we literally just didn't have desk jobs, how much of a difference that alone would make.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    More than you pal!

In numbers, most days between 12-15k depending on how long I walk the dogs(twice per day on average. I have Passes to Disneyland and I average 25k there. My hunger doesn’t really change much but last time I was there I ate 3 churros on top of meals and snacks.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Apparently so! And I was just enjoying the day. Makes you wonder if we literally just didn't have desk jobs, how much of a difference that alone would make.
    Oh it’d be huge… at least for people who love the outdoors

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It was a really nice day here on Saturday, so I ended up walking nearly the entire afternoon and much of the evening. Was about 12 miles total. D.
    That was a very nice post. I wish it would have continued that you met this lady on the walk and then some fun stuff happened

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    That was a very nice post. I wish it would have continued that you met this lady on the walk and then some fun stuff happened
    Fun stuff? You mean like glow in the dark bowling?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Fun stuff? You mean like glow in the dark bowling?
    anything that involves sticking your fingers in holes...

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    anything that involves sticking your fingers in holes...

Theres probably a Trump joke in there somewhere

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I actually have no idea how many steps/miles I walk each day, but also don't track cals.

My appetite def doesn't decrease based on less active days though. If I'm very active on a particular day doing something like snowboarding/sports etc. my appetite does go up, but I don't always decide to eat more.
    My appetite actually DECREASES if I do something particularly strenuous like snowboarding or other sports all day. The thing is, I'm always STARVING the following day if I don't force myself to eat adequately when I'm more active. Whether I force myself to eat a bit more calorie-dense foods the day of (usually granola, pb, etc.) or wait til the following day, I do typically end up eating at least a bit more.

At one point I was averaging 20k… dropped to 15k… and now with 10-12k, it feels like a sweet spot where I’m still getting recovery aid from the LISS without tiring out my legs

I’m not sure what levels of activity would reduce my appetite, but I’m sure if I reduced to <7 I’d feel a difference
    That's my exact experience. I love doing 10-12k and it helps me keep my appetite up, but any more than that starts to hurt my recovery for my whole body and interfere with bulking. Even my upper body seems to recover better when I'm not logging 15k+ steps every day.

But...exercise doesn't affect calorie burn...

But nah 12 miles is insane. You almost definitely burned over 1000 calories.
    More than you pal!

In numbers, most days between 12-15k depending on how long I walk the dogs(twice per day on average. I have Passes to Disneyland and I average 25k there. My hunger doesn’t really change much but last time I was there I ate 3 churros on top of meals and snacks.
    Chit, man! How far do you walk your dogs each go?! What breed are they? My greyhound can barely make it over half a mile.

Also understandable with Disney...churros are easily one of the most underrated desserts there is! I ate them all the time growing up. I still do, actually. Homemade are the best

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Chit, man! How far do you walk your dogs each go?! What breed are they? My greyhound can barely make it over half a mile.

Also understandable with Disney...churros are easily one of the most underrated desserts there is! I ate them all the time growing up. I still do, actually. Homemade are the best
    They are Golden Retrievers. I have to walk them a couple times a day about a mile and half each time. If I take them to the beach they will run and swim for about 2 hours straight until I force them back to the car. I can’t really keep up with them. And they don’t even count calories.

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)

I have a similar experience I was pushing steps for additional weight loss and anything over 10-12k steps seemed to have a negative impact on my recovery and lifts but anything like 7-12k feels pretty good. More I'm too tired and less has me feeling slugish now.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm trying to build up walking distance. On the inclined treadmill, my hamstrings become increasingly sore, and outside, it is my joints that limit me.

I feel very comfortable during the walk. It does seem to empty my stomack faster and make me hungry again. I have not paid attention to after that. Maybe no difference after 3 miles, other than feeling hungry sooner. It still is a distraction from hunger.

Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    I have a similar experience I was pushing steps for additional weight loss and anything over 10-12k steps seemed to have a negative impact on my recovery and lifts but anything like 7-12k feels pretty good. More I'm too tired and less has me feeling slugish now.
    Wow it's weird how you, Adam, & I all found 10-12k steps to be the limit for recovery. We've also all had past ED's too, if I'm not mistaken, so perhaps our bodies have a certain "cap" on how much physical activity they're willing to tolerate.

Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    I'm trying to build up walking distance. On the inclined treadmill, my hamstrings become increasingly sore, and outside, it is my joints that limit me.

I feel very comfortable during the walk. It does seem to empty my stomack faster and make me hungry again. I have not paid attention to after that. Maybe no difference after 3 miles, other than feeling hungry sooner. It still is a distraction from hunger.
    Walking majorly helps my digestion. I think that's another reason it improves my appetite. If I walk under 7k, I get constipated & bloated as Hell.

Wow it's weird how you, Adam, & I all found 10-12k steps to be the limit for recovery. We've also all had past ED's too, if I'm not mistaken, so perhaps our bodies have a certain "cap" on how much physical activity they're willing to tolerate.

Walking majorly helps my digestion. I think that's another reason it improves my appetite. If I walk under 7k, I get constipated & bloated as Hell.

The 12,001st step initiates the downregulation protocol.

7001 steps “gets the blood flowing”

The 12,001st step initiates the downregulation protocol.

7001 steps “gets the blood flowing”
    LMAO yup. Feiggenbaum’s gotta know that 12,001 steps shuts off the metabolism & puts you in “downregulation mode”. Otherwise, increasing your steps does actually burn calories.

If you do 7k or less steps, it’s over boyo.

LMAO yup. Feiggenbaum’s gotta know that 12,001 steps shuts off the metabolism & puts you in “downregulation mode”. Otherwise, increasing your steps does actually burn calories.

I wonder if he's really in denial about this, deluded by his IG fame or whatever.

Why didn't I downregulate the 10 pounds I lost a couple months ago by running out in the heat regularly while eating the same number of calories as beforehand?

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    We've also all had past ED's too.
    It took me about a year to figure out what you all meant. Initially I thought you guys were talking about erectile dysfunction, and I thought that was sort of a personal thing to be posting about on the internet but I didn't make any comments about it.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

I found a microscopic video of your actual metabolism here as you take step 12001:

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wonder if he's really in denial about this, deluded by his IG fame or whatever.

Why didn't I downregulate the 10 pounds I lost a couple months ago by running out in the heat regularly while eating the same number of calories as beforehand?
    I think this question is addressed in the Barbell Medicine podcast with Herman Pontzer that was posted in one of the million TDEE threads.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

It took me about a year to figure out what you all meant. Initially I thought you guys were talking about erectile dysfunction, and I thought that was sort of a personal thing to be posting about on the internet but I didn't make any comments about it.
    I mean that's not too far off really... eating disorders often lead to that same problem

I mean that's not too far off really... eating disorders often lead to that same problem
    ED induced ED?

I was in a hospital once and there were signs pointing to ED. I thought to myself, man, they have a whole section of the hospital dedicated to erectile dysfunction? Curious I followed the signs to the ED. People sitting down in pain, crouched over, bleeding out of their heads, etc. I was thinking man these are some serious EDS! Then I looked up and saw the sign above the counter “Emergency Department “

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so it was never about this energy drink? oh man...

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do low levels of physical activity or large calorie deficits lead to that same problem? (half-serious Q)

Can confirm. I had very, very severe ED due to my ED

Do low levels of physical activity or large calorie deficits lead to that same problem? (half-serious Q)
    Well "large calorie deficits" over time are of course what leads to it in the case of myself or other men with eating disorders and ED. Huge deficits and/or being too lean tank testosterone levels.

As to whether "too little activity" would cause ED, I don't think so and certainly not on the same level. I was 19 years old with a totally limp noodle and almost 0 testosterone. That wouldn't have happened so severely at such a young age because I was sedentary or even overweight.

Well "large calorie deficits" over time are of course what leads to it in the case of myself or other men with eating disorders and ED. Huge deficits and/or being too lean tank testosterone levels.

As to whether "too little activity" would cause ED, I don't think so and certainly not on the same level. I was 19 years old with a totally limp noodle and almost 0 testosterone. That wouldn't have happened so severely at such a young age because I was sedentary or even overweight.
    19 is an inconvenient age to be limp-noodled.

19 is an inconvenient age to be limp-noodled.
    Bro, it was the WORST. I even sometimes had to "accordion" it in. 0/10Woodnotecommend.

I didn't even know my ED was due to my ED, either. I didn't even know I had an ED.