Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Question to the men here (well mostly men here anyway)

I went to see my PCP (he is my new PCP as my old PCP no longer accepts my health insurance so had to find one in network) and he was like "you are 57 and not on any medications"? and I said no and he said, well you should be.

Then he said I need a colonoscopy, I said why? He said because every man over the age of 50 should get it, I am a little skeptical because of what he said about needing to be on medication just because of my age even though my bloodwork comes back normal. He wants to place me on medications as a "precautionary" means. He wants to put me on blood pressure medication, cholesterol and baby aspirin due to "my age" I told him no.

OK so here is the question, do you guys get a colonoscopy just because of your age? He said every man over 50 should get it and then again every 10 years, I think this doctor just wants money.
    On the list for Bannukah

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    I went to see my PCP (he is my new PCP as my old PCP no longer accepts my health insurance so had to find one in network) and he was like "you are 57 and not on any medications"? and I said no and he said, well you should be.

Then he said I need a colonoscopy, I said why? He said because every man over the age of 50 should get it, I am a little skeptical because of what he said about needing to be on medication just because of my age even though my bloodwork comes back normal. He wants to place me on medications as a "precautionary" means. He wants to put me on blood pressure medication, cholesterol and baby aspirin due to "my age" I told him no.

OK so here is the question, do you guys get a colonoscopy just because of your age? He said every man over 50 should get it and then again every 10 years, I think this doctor just wants money.
    Up to you to get the procedure, unless any health plans requires it to assess its risk.

If any doctor suggests prescription medications as precautionary and not for treatment of actual or known conditions, you need another doctor. Taking those meds, especially if you do not need them will come up on any health insurance information resulting in higher premiums.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

No, the last thing I had shoved up my ass was a suppository years ago, probably wouldn't have had that, but damn that nurse she was cute. Not on any meds either.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The colonoscopy is a preventive service bro. Won't cost you a dime.

based on actual events jtaylor2010's Avatar
    jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I’d recommend getting one just to screen for it because it’s easy to find polyps and remove them before they turn into an issue. And colon cancer is one of the rougher ones if you do let it progress. But I’d also recommend finding a new doctor either way. Just lmao at “what do you mean you aren’t on medications??! We have to fix that!”. Perfect example of doctors practicing medicine instead of health.
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -support local farms crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew
    -less cursing the darkness and more lighting candles crew

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I am getting one since I have an uncle that died from colon cancer that very likely could have been managed if it was caught early enough. This is very common practice and in fact they are lowering the recommendation to age 45. I consider this process a small inconvenience for something that could catch a very serious issue. It's also good to have a baseline of images over time so that they can see changes. The later you start, the fewer images you have to compare.

As to him recommending that you go on medications as preventative measures, fuk that!

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The "new" age 45 suggestion is due to many minority(Blk/Hispanic) men getting colon cancer younger than the old age 50(Caucasian) norm.
    As for medications, i only take what is absolutely necessary, not what "most guys"(we are not most guys we are different) take.
    Most guys don't exercise like we do, watch what we eat, take supps, have lower body fat levels, and live a generally healthy lifestyle.
    There are just fewer studies on guys like us.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got a colonoscopy at 50, The procedure was not a big deal as they put me out. Had some fun with them...told them my watch was missing when I was waking up. They told me to come back when I am 60. The only unpleasant thing was the stuff they give you to "clean you out"....stay home dont make any plans for this part LOL.

Friend of mine passed away from colon cancer a few years ago....awful.

Myself, I have been on a med for hypertension since my late 30s....because I actually have hypertension, and well documented family risk factors. Big deal...little blue and white capsule once a day.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Should do a FIT first. If hemoglobin is detected, then a colonoscopy should be scheduled.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I thought colonoscopy was 40 years old now.
    Forever alone? Attraction and keeping the girl chasing you - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131498033

You will never know your limits, unless you push yourself past the imaginary lines you have drawn in the sand.

Knee Dragger - '06 GSX-R750

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wait. You have to go see a doctor for a colonoscopy?

I’ve been getting mine at the airport.

I approach the TSA agent and I softly whisper in his ear “taxation is theft.” Then they take me to a special room.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Should do a FIT first. If hemoglobin is detected, then a colonoscopy should be scheduled.

Had to read that twice and make it didn't say FIST First

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Wait. You have to go see a doctor for a colonoscopy?

I’ve been getting mine at the airport.

I approach the TSA agent and I softly whisper in his ear “taxation is theft.” Then they take me to a special room.

hahaha that's too damn funny

May as well jump on the belt and get an x ray at the same time

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

- If what you described is correct, you don’t need to be on meds. And aspirin is no longer recommended for primary prevention.

- New recommendations are colonoscopy 45+ for both sexes, once every 10 years. Trust me: you want to make sure nothing is brewing in there.
    You have my word as a Schons.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hypernation View Post
    - If what you described is correct, you don’t need to be on meds. And aspirin is no longer recommended for primary prevention.

- New recommendations are colonoscopy 45+ for both sexes, once every 10 years. Trust me: you want to make sure nothing is brewing in there.
    I saw this in the news that they are not recommending aspirin anymore.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    It gave my dad mini ulcers, no bueno
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Had to read that twice and make it didn't say FIST First
    In that case, detecting hemoglobin will be a given.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wouldn’t take “preventionary” meds, but I would get the colonoscopy. Colon cancer is easily preventable, but a bad thing to die from.
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HomeGymChains View Post
    I wouldn’t take “preventionary” meds, but I would get the colonoscopy. Colon cancer is easily preventable, but a bad thing to die from.
    This.

BH, IDK if colon cancer or any cancer runs in your family, if any type of cancer does than your chances increase. You will kick yourself in the azz if you got it and didn't do this simple procedure. My father told me this procedure is nothing but a slight annoyance as compared to what happens when skipping it, as he went thru the latter.

I would get another doctor though, usually good doctors will go by the blood/exam etc and first suggest lowering any issues via diet/exercise first before meds.

Are your results high in anything?

Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's no reason to not get a colonoscopy. It's no big deal and will detect if there's something there.

" He wants to put me on blood pressure medication, cholesterol and baby aspirin due to "my age""

Something doesn't add up. I've never heard of anyone prescribing bp or cholesterol medication to someone who's numbers aren't high. They don't recommend baby aspirin thing anymore. That's surprising.

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gabbar99 View Post
    There's no reason to not get a colonoscopy. It's no big deal and will detect if there's something there.

" He wants to put me on blood pressure medication, cholesterol and baby aspirin due to "my age""

Something doesn't add up. I've never heard of anyone prescribing bp or cholesterol medication to someone who's numbers aren't high. They don't recommend baby aspirin thing anymore. That's surprising.
    Yeah, something smells fishy with that doctor. Have u seen a medical diploma on a wall in there, BH???

Follow all the good advice posted above and get the colon camera-on-a-stick scope. Of all the things u could die of, don't make it ass butt cancer. U don't wanna go out like that, brother.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I’ve had it done OP and I’m not even gay . Srs get it , as preventative maintenance has saved countless lives .
    They found a polyp or some stupid chit , and apparently they can become cancerous if found too late . I’m supposed to go again but have so many health issues right now it’s the least of my worries

Attached Images
    Make Misc great again

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    He wants to put me on blood pressure medication, cholesterol and baby aspirin due to "my age" I told him no.
    Your doctor is terrible. If your only risk factor is age and you don't have a family history of heart disease, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol, the meds will do absolutely nothing for you other than saddling you with a bunch of side effects for no reason. Even with high cholesterol, meds have no impact if you don't have calcified plaque (coronary calcium score of zero).

There could be benefit for a colonscopy though given that polyps can be removed before they become cancerous.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    Risk to benefit statistics; it’s not worthwhile.

Recommendation is from a year+ ago.
    This is why you shouldn’t listen to the news for medical advice.
    You have my word as a Schons.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gabbar99 View Post

Agreed. Did you have a blood cholesterol test? That's what got me in the gym, reaction to cholesterol meds.

As for the colonoscopy, I would do it, the prep is brutal but the procedure is nothing, go to sleep, wake up on the way home. Can save your life from a cancer you don't want.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes, get the colonoscopy, but also find a new doctor. Just lol at precautionary meds. What a quack.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Please elaborate and tell what FIT stands for and how reliable it is. Thanks.

As to OP. Get a new doctor. Do not get on meds.
    I don't know of a colonoscopy is rough on your bowels, but it is worth catching pulps early.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get the colonoscopy just for safe measures.

Who knows, you might like it!

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should get the colonoscopy just as a preventative measure, but tell him to go to hell on his precautionary meds. My dad is 67 and has to take a DOT physical every year for his part-time job driving fuel oil. His blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. are all good (he just has really good genes for longevity, his dad is turning 107 in January). Anyway he says the Dr. always asks him what meds he's on and then is surprised when he says none--but he doesn't try to give him anything as "precautionary". My guess is the way you have trained and kept yourself in shape your whole life puts you in a rare group of men your age who don't need meds yet.

-AJ
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks fellas, seems my best bet is to do the colonoscopy, according to the GI she said it will be a camera inserted in the mouth as well to check both the large intestine and the small. I will be put to sleep.

As for my blood pressure, I suffer from anxiety/anger issues so my blood pressure goes up if I get an attack, but if I don't get angry and or get a panic attack/anxiety my blood pressure is normal. So there are times when it does go up pretty high, but does that mean I have high blood pressure? I have yet to find a doctor to tell me otherwise.
    On the list for Bannukah

Thanks fellas, seems my best bet is to do the colonoscopy, according to the GI she said it will be a camera inserted in the mouth as well to check both the large intestine and the small. I will be put to sleep.

As for my blood pressure, I suffer from anxiety/anger issues so my blood pressure goes up if I get an attack, but if I don't get angry and or get a panic attack/anxiety my blood pressure is normal. So there are times when it does go up pretty high, but does that mean I have high blood pressure? I have yet to find a doctor to tell me otherwise.

These days everyone is trying to save money and cut corners so make sure to get the mouth done first in case they use the same camera for both ends.