Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm "bulking", I gained 1.5cm of belly/waist and 2.3 kg, is this bad, regular or good

Guys, I was weighting 82.5kg with 89cm of abdominal circumference a few months ago, then I started a cutting and in 2 months I went to 77kg and 83cm of abdominal/waist.

These two measurements was taken by my nutritionist.

Now I started a kind of maintenance/clean bulk by my own and gained 2.3 kg during this period of time, but my waist increased 1.5cm.

I'm afraid of gaining only fat and nothing of mass. I have no money now to go to the nutritionist so I'm doing all myself.

Is 1.5cm+ of abdominal/waist for plus 2.3 kg, bad? Good? Regular?

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Zyzzfodase View Post
    Guys, I was weighting 82.5kg with 89cm of abdominal circumference a few months ago, then I started a cutting and in 2 months I went to 77kg and 83cm of abdominal/waist.

Now I started a kind of maintenance/clean bulk by my own and gained 2.3 kg during this period of time, but my waist increased 1.5cm.

I'm afraid of gaining only fat and nothing of mass. I have no money now to go to the nutritionist so I'm doing all myself.

At your current rate, you'll be back to your former weight with a waist halfway between the size of your low and your high. So that is better than where you started. Congrats.

As for whether it is an improvement over your small size, I'll let the others answer that. I think you are zig zagging towards goal, but the question is whether you are doing it as well as you can.

To build muscle mass, you need to lift weiggts to within 2 reps of failure each set and do at least 9 sets per muscle per week, preferably more. That means you have to go to failure sometimes to know where failure is. It is easier to reach with heavier weights. Don't assume you are close.

Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zyzzfodase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    At your current rate, you'll be back to your former weight with a waist halfway between the size of your low and your high. So that is better than where you started. Congrats.

As for whether it is an improvement over your small size, I'll let the others answer that. I think you are zig zagging towards goal, but the question is whether you are doing it as well as you can.

To build muscle mass, you need to lift weiggts to within 2 reps of failure each set and do at least 9 sets per muscle per week, preferably more. That means you have to go to failure sometimes to know where failure is. It is easier to reach with heavier weights. Don't assume you are close.
    Thanks. I thought the same, if I use math for it and assuming I'll still gaining mass/fat at the same ratio, I would end up with:
    1.5cm x 4 = 6cm+ waist
    2.3kg x 4 = 9.2kg

basically the same waist size I was at the end of the first bulk, as you said. but with 3.7kg+ free mass.

But i'm not sure it gonna happen this way. lol ... but I hope so.

And I thought the same as you again, I'm afraid of going in a zig zag walk. I mean, how long will take me to gain this amount of mass and lose the fat again?
    hard to answer.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You did not say how long it took you to gain 2.3 kg. For a lean bulk, you may want to eat 300 cal above maintenance. 500 cal will grow more muscle but a lot more fat.

If 2/3 of the weight is muscle, that would be good. There might be individual variation.

Do you store most of your fat on your waist or evenly over your body? What size is your waste?
    If all your fat goes on your belly, and your waste is around 34", my quick head math say only 1 kg is fat. So 1.3kg muscle is not bad, if your cuts don't lose muscle. You did cut well within the optimal rate.

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

To me it signals that you are gaining too much fat too fast.

If your strength is going up you’re probably gaining muscle too but I bet you gained more fat than muscle given the above info.
    Last edited by EiFit91; 10-19-2021 at 02:13 AM.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks. I thought the same, if I use math for it and assuming I'll still gaining mass/fat at the same ratio, I would end up with:
    1.5cm x 4 = 6cm+ waist
    2.3kg x 4 = 9.2kg

basically the same waist size I was at the end of the first bulk, as you said. but with 3.7kg+ free mass.

But i'm not sure it gonna happen this way. lol ... but I hope so.

And I thought the same as you again, I'm afraid of going in a zig zag walk. I mean, how long will take me to gain this amount of mass and lose the fat again?
    hard to answer.
    You are forgetting about water weight. As you transition from a cut to maintenance you will add some water/glycogen. Same thing when you go from maintenance to bulk.

So you are overestimating how much muscle you are gaining relative to fat.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman