saheimlifts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saheimlifts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saheimlifts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saheimlifts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saheimlifts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saheimlifts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saheimlifts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saheimlifts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saheimlifts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saheimlifts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saheimlifts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Post Bodyweight bench

So I just benched my bodyweight at 17 being in the gym for 4 months is this good or should my numbers be up

(i started the gym when i turned 17 so I'm not close to 18)

niak4202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can only do 60% of my bodyweight when benching at 2 months of progressive overload so yes, you are just naturally better with the bench press. You may do worse in some areas like deadlifting or something. While my bench is pretty bad my deadlift is pretty good for only 2 months of experience and I don't even train my deadlift I was only doing bench and curls up until a few days ago and started doing full body I can deadlift 90% of my bodyweight with 0 deadlifting experience while I'm only able to lift 60% of my bodyweight with bench press with 2 months of experience.

SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Took me about a year to get to that point. As long as you are making progress you are heading in the right direction. If you are worried about making the best progress possible and don’t have a sound program, find one.
    Dentist
    Bodybuilder
    83 kg USAPL Midwest Regional Champion
    Best Lifts:
    Squat: 525
    Bench: 330
    Dead: 585

dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by saheimlifts View Post
    So I just benched my bodyweight at 17 being in the gym for 4 months is this good or should my numbers be up

(i started the gym when i turned 17 so I'm not close to 18)
    it really depends on your bodyweight i was 135lbs when i started and could almost immediately bench bw but bench progress when you just start is really slow and theres alot you can improve with form and using some cues but its not bad for 4 months

dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgazzy315 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by niak4202 View Post
    I can only do 60% of my bodyweight when benching at 2 months of progressive overload so yes, you are just naturally better with the bench press. You may do worse in some areas like deadlifting or something. While my bench is pretty bad my deadlift is pretty good for only 2 months of experience and I don't even train my deadlift I was only doing bench and curls up until a few days ago and started doing full body I can deadlift 90% of my bodyweight with 0 deadlifting experience while I'm only able to lift 60% of my bodyweight with bench press with 2 months of experience.
    theres alot to do with genetics like how i could barley squat bw when i started but could deadlift double bw cause i have long ass femurs and monkey ass long arms so its harder to compare people