Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ImBunky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    I am already diving in to see where we can take the stock power plant. It is a 1.8 and people 'safely' bring them up to about 350hp before it starts causing other issues. I think that is the route I am going to go. After that level, it is big dollars for smaller and smaller gains.

Although 350hp does not sound like a lot, in that little car, it is better power to weight than a stock Huracan.

@Imbunky. I know you dont need it (right now) but just to have in your disposal if you ever find the need, I have heard some decent things about these guys. You can either send them your car to Georgia or SC, OR.....they will travel to you with all the tools etc. This might be a GREAT savings for a year or two down the road if you ever decide not to carry warranty. Just bookmark and save.

https://www.mcmedics.com/home
    Yep, at some point adding more horse power you are going to have to look at fuel supply, tranny, rear end and likely more.

Sean (EMF Autos on youtube) from McMedics is who I flew out to KC to inspect the car, great guy. His videos on DIY maintenance and videos on his three year experience with a 2011 MP4-12C, along with a community that seams to want to DIY and shares information is what led me to go ahead and commit to the McLaren.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Little thread bump

Wow. On decompress from one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life at VIR.

Our little car group finished off the year with a VIR trip. Small group of about 35 guys split into two groups so as much track time as you could ever want.   Normally group events at VIR are 150-200 drivers.   So needless to say we had all the track time we wanted.

My buddy offered his race trailer and stay in the RV on track. He has 30 years racing experience and drives a lotus cup car. Non road legal race car produced by lotus that has a body 'inspired' by the road legal version.  About 50 were made and he brought it over from the UK.  Now, you cant really call this a trailer, and you cant really call it a RV! I also have to say life only goes down from here since he set the bar so damn high!  It is on a tractor trailer platform.   Just and insane rig w/ full size kitchen, 2 queen beds plus bunk sleeping and 2 bathrooms.

I could type pages and not get all the experience of what we packed into a day and a half. These things are so much more than the cars, the track. We hung out the night before. Chicago Motorcars of the carolinas sent their RV and a guy to do a cookout for us. Burgers and hot dogs never tasted so good especially with a few beers. We got to use the pagoda room which a fierce battle of corn hole went down till we all turned in.

Up early in the AM as my valve stem fell victim to a tie down. The great thing is there is a race shop on sight and we had the tire back on just after parade laps were done.

Driving VIR in real life was so much really cool. Especially after putting so many laps on the sim in prep. The SIM did a great job of track awareness and knowing what was coming, but VIR is much more technical IRL than the sim translates. Also with the real life fear factor of going off one of the hills, one is not as brave about the uphill esses and you dial in your window of what you are comfortable with.

My buddy took both my son and I out on track. He helped trying his best to get us to understand the line. Having his experience was incredible. My son came back after a ride with him and he told me he had an "epiphany". So then I went out as a passenger with my son driving. Coming off turn 1into Nascar corner, I almost had a heart attack!  Mind you my son is only 14 and this is really his 3rd time ever driving a manual car. I said 'woah' and my son said, "this is they way he told me to take it". And sure enough the car rotated great and carried all it's momentum through 3, 4,5 and on to the lower s's and to the up hill. So cool to see it and even better to ride as a passenger watching your son do it!

The day went on and we had some technical issues. A splitter came off. Pulled a bold head through. Of course my buddy had a full selection of hardware and the car was back up and running in no time. My son and I swapped the last few sessions and we all decided to call it a day when Phil hit his break wear indicators. Not hard to hear the squeaks. I started having a cyl 3 miss fire which we think is a coil, but I will inspect cams to be safe. Nice to have a blu tooth OBD II since I was able to reset car and get back out on track. Stated tripping after about 15-20 min of track time. No biggie. Reset and continued on.

Loaded up at the end of the, cars all still in one piece and Eldon headed us home. In the grand scheme of things, these are the memories of a life time. It is even better than I could explain and I am so happy to have made new friends and shared these experiences. This is our last track event of the year and we start back up in spring.

Some pics.

This was us 'roughing it'.

This morning I pulled up a VIR event for my wife to see just what the track is like.  This was a Michelin IMSA international race held there.

Last but not least, I am not sure how many 14 year olds have driven the 'grand course' in a road car at VIR.  But I got to ride along for this!   We split up the day trading back and forth!

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    very cool!
    It's never too late!

5'6", 215

Results:
    2/26/22 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 501/325/540/1366 @ 209lb
    11/7/21 IPL drug tested world championships: 463/319/529/1311 @ 205lb
    6/20/21 USPA Western drug tested regionals: DQ (bombed squats) @ 192lb
    2/27/21 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 468/308/501/1278 @ 202lb
    10/10/2020 USPA FS meet: 407/303/474/1185 @ 212lb

Gym PRs:
    529/336/555

PhotoChopin' That Angus OutdoorsBrah's Avatar
    OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OutdoorsBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Strong Peso's ITT.

OP toss your boy some Lambo SRS
    Outdoors brah is a purely fictitious persona. Any contextual or graphic creation, opinion, or post made by Outdoorsbrah is not a reflection of real life or reality in any manner, expressed nor implied.

*Photoshop / PhotoChop Crew*
    *High Test Crew*
    *Graphic Design Crew*

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OutdoorsBrah View Post
    Strong Peso's ITT.

OP toss your boy some Lambo SRS
    Been there done that. His first time ever driving a car, was my 860hp huracan on the track!

And when he got a little too confident toward end of the day, he spun it out in turn 1 coming off the straight! He kept it on the track though!

RAW lifts

alvin15tq will become famous soon enough. (+50) alvin15tq will become famous soon enough. (+50) alvin15tq will become famous soon enough. (+50) alvin15tq will become famous soon enough. (+50) alvin15tq will become famous soon enough. (+50) alvin15tq will become famous soon enough. (+50) alvin15tq will become famous soon enough. (+50) alvin15tq will become famous soon enough. (+50) alvin15tq will become famous soon enough. (+50) alvin15tq will become famous soon enough. (+50) alvin15tq will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    induced_drag, that LOTUS is absolutely astonishing. I wonder if there would be any chance to get such beauty from the used cars' related site where I find all the profitable and reliable variants for me and my family. It's not hard to find fast car in the perfect condition there, but it takes a lot of time though.
    Last edited by alvin15tq; 12-15-2021 at 06:17 AM.

Originally Posted by alvin15tq View Post
    induced_drag, that LOTUS is absolutely astonishing.
    Thanks man. It is my new love for sure. Just so much fun. Have a bunch of power mods coming and will be a little beast when done. Here are a few better pics.

RAW lifts

Adding to the "I have gone a little car crazy" thread. Santa brought motion to the sim!
    Put together this little vid of some action. I did not get harnesses since I thought people were exaggerating. But this is only on setting 1 and it goes up to 3. So I ordered a harness last night!

First two clips are driving a lotus and last 2 are a McLaren P1. Last night, I ran it for about 40 minutes and was sweating soaked and wet. This is a workout! So much fun!

RAW lifts

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ya ID Dude, awesome. Those things are a straight up blast! Been in a few down in Texas, and a buddy in Singapore has a killer setup. Pro level sim rig. 3x 4K monitors and more than enough GPU firepower to deliver liquid graphics.

but after watching the video, I'd say to the driver to keep up with the lessons.

Oh, and will u adopt me?

Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    Ya ID Dude, awesome. Those things are a straight up blast! Been in a few down in Texas, and a buddy in Singapore has a killer setup. Pro level sim rig. 3x 4K monitors and more than enough GPU firepower to deliver liquid graphics.

but after watching the video, I'd say to the driver to keep up with the lessons.

Oh, and will u adopt me?
    There are some INSANE rig set ups out there for sure. Even this is way more of a set up than I originally intended. Seems to be a theme here where you start out with an idea and eventually it takes on it's own life. A super fun thing to do with my son. And, yes, he is still beating me on most tracks

Great Christmas this year. Getting to enjoy the kids as young adults rather than kids. "Santa" has been gone a few years but it is nice to have some good family down time. My in-laws are here. They missed last year with COVID concerns so having them back for our Christmas / New Years is great.

Life is good man. I did not post it here, but I put my Huracan up for sale last week. Not yet sure of next move but it will be a cool one. We put 3000 miles on the H in less than a year so we enjoyed it for sure. All pleasure driving so I dont feel like I missed anything with it.

RAW lifts

So...blowing some dust off my car thread. Some very large upgrades complete to the little lotus. Supercharger, new fueling system, new suspension bushings, and steering arms, new racing clutch, and track brakes. Car is prepped and my son and I will be making another trip to Virginia International raceway to run the grand course again next week. SUPER excited. Laughing at the idea that my son will have done two events there and is still 14

Anyway, with the new mods, the car pulls like crazy. Went out last week with some other buddies and their 'exotics'. Had no trouble running with 790hp SVJ's. Really enjoying this car tremendously. Looking forward to some great memories coming up and feel super grateful to be able to get to do things like this with my son.

RAW lifts

Registered User ghostdivision88's Avatar
    ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    as i read over this thread i couldnt hep but wonder...how the hell do you affford these things?

what do you do for a living OP?

those are some seriously cool cars.

i love all kinds. from f1 12 cylinder 2.0 L...to good old american muscle. and everything in between. if it goes fast and looks sharp im digging it

my budget isnt what your is, (maybe one day haha) but im getting tired of puttering around in my ****box Aveo, although i should be grateful, a few months ago i wasnt driving at all.

Its gonna be time soon, once the weather get better, to think about upgrading my ride. i would never run something like what im seeing in this thread, on quebec roads. where one pothole can literally cost you thousands of dollars.

thinking about a good truck for everyday driving and a z28 or Trans Am for the better weather.

love working on cars and right now mine is giving me grief with some electronic problems i cant seem to nail down. id like to get it inside a garage so i can work on it properly, with all the right tools and spare parts

Originally Posted by ghostdivision88 View Post
    as i read over this thread i couldnt hep but wonder...how the hell do you affford these things?

what do you do for a living OP?

those are some seriously cool cars.

i love all kinds. from f1 12 cylinder 2.0 L...to good old american muscle. and everything in between. if it goes fast and looks sharp im digging it

my budget isnt what your is, (maybe one day haha) but im getting tired of puttering around in my ****box Aveo, although i should be grateful, a few months ago i wasnt driving at all.

Its gonna be time soon, once the weather get better, to think about upgrading my ride. i would never run something like what im seeing in this thread, on quebec roads. where one pothole can literally cost you thousands of dollars.

thinking about a good truck for everyday driving and a z28 or Trans Am for the better weather.

love working on cars and right now mine is giving me grief with some electronic problems i cant seem to nail down. id like to get it inside a garage so i can work on it properly, with all the right tools and spare parts
    It is a little nuts, but like I said, "I have gone a little car crazy lately" .    Been self employed since 23 and had good times and other times not so good.  Always lived within my means and never taken on debt of any kind regardless.  I have never bought anything I cant pay for in full.  And that has even included our homes.   I know it does not fit the template that most take, but I was lucky to work my butt off very early in life and never spend more than I can afford.  Just a habit that has stuck with me.

While the cars might seem crazy, believe it or not, if you know your market you can own most exotics for less than what a honda civic will cost you.   If you can afford the entry into the car, it is indeed possible to buy a car, and drive it and sell it for less ownership costs than most 'normal' cars.     With the market like it is last few years, I will have made in cars than would have been made if I had the equivalent invested in the market.   But there is risk also.

Not much better than owning and getting enjoy a car and then selling and not losing any money or even better making some.  Not the motivation, but not a bad thing either.

I too like all cars. Just feel lucky that I get to experience and enjoy some more rare ones. I especially love sharing it with my son and daughter. A few weeks back we all went to a meet together. I drove the lotus and tossed the keys to the Huracan to my daughter. My son rode shotgun Love the memories we make!

RAW lifts

Registered User ghostdivision88's Avatar
    ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000) ghostdivision88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It is a little nuts, but like I said, "I have gone a little car crazy lately" .    Been self employed since 23 and had good times and other times not so good.  Always lived within my means and never taken on debt of any kind regardless.  I have never bought anything I cant pay for in full.  And that has even included our homes.   I know it does not fit the template that most take, but I was lucky to work my butt off very early in life and never spend more than I can afford.  Just a habit that has stuck with me.

While the cars might seem crazy, believe it or not, if you know your market you can own most exotics for less than what a honda civic will cost you.   If you can afford the entry into the car, it is indeed possible to buy a car, and drive it and sell it for less ownership costs than most 'normal' cars.     With the market like it is last few years, I will have made in cars than would have been made if I had the equivalent invested in the market.   But there is risk also.

Not much better than owning and getting enjoy a car and then selling and not losing any money or even better making some.  Not the motivation, but not a bad thing either.

I too like all cars. Just feel lucky that I get to experience and enjoy some more rare ones. I especially love sharing it with my son and daughter. A few weeks back we all went to a meet together. I drove the lotus and tossed the keys to the Huracan to my daughter. My son rode shotgun Love the memories we make!

check your pm

Originally Posted by ghostdivision88 View Post
    check your pm
    Did not see anything if you sent. Hit me up anytime
    RAW lifts

blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Finally, someone who spoils their son more than my wife does our 16-year-old boy. He only has a Camaro, Mustang and Nova.

Nice cars!
    Buying your 16 year old 3 sports cars is a good way to ensure he turns out to be an entitled pos lol

Originally Posted by blueberryboy View Post
    Buying your 16 year old 3 sports cars is a good way to ensure he turns out to be an entitled pos lol
    When you raise your kids right, they understand what importance to put on material things. While some may say I 'give' my son things, what I try to give him are moments of life to enjoy. The price tag, is not the important part. We enjoy things that cost nothing as well and one does not hold more value than the other.

I have been very careful to help my kids understand by leading by example. I may have some 'nice' things, but I am not defined by them and I dont need them to be me.

Besides the things my son has, he also still uses a Iphone7 that is 6 years old. Most kids all have to have the latest and greatest. They feel left out if they dont have the next new thing. My son is not like that. I have asked him if he wants a new phone, and he said he does not need it. He sees how some of his peers chase the next thing. Kids call is 'flexing'. It is just not how he defines himself. He just now at 14 got his first pair of name brand sneakers and I talked him into it being OK if he got them.

Making assumptions about people and how they raise their kids make you sound like the 'entitled' one. Your opinion actually means nothing to others, and for some reason you think we want to hear it.
    RAW lifts

blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blueberryboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When you raise your kids right, they understand what importance to put on material things. While some may say I 'give' my son things, what I try to give him are moments of life to enjoy. The price tag, is not the important part. We enjoy things that cost nothing as well and one does not hold more value than the other.

I have been very careful to help my kids understand by leading by example. I may have some 'nice' things, but I am not defined by them and I dont need them to be me.

Besides the things my son has, he also still uses a Iphone7 that is 6 years old. Most kids all have to have the latest and greatest. They feel left out if they dont have the next new thing. My son is not like that. I have asked him if he wants a new phone, and he said he does not need it. He sees how some of his peers chase the next thing. Kids call is 'flexing'. It is just not how he defines himself. He just now at 14 got his first pair of name brand sneakers and I talked him into it being OK if he got them.

Making assumptions about people and how they raise their kids make you sound like the 'entitled' one. Your opinion actually means nothing to others, and for some reason you think we want to hear it.
    My opinion may mean nothing to others , yours is no different.
    You're just another well off individual who can afford a few sports cars...nothing too special bro. The more you supply your kids with , the less they actually want to earn themselves.

Also , my comment wasn't even directed at you so you can get off your high horse.
    It sounds like you are merely letting your kid drive your cars , nothing wrong with that. As opposed to the other poster who indicated he actually gave his 16 year old 3 cars...

You're just another well off individual who can afford a few sports cars...nothing too special bro. The more you supply your kids with , the less they actually want to earn themselves.

Also , my comment wasn't even directed at you so you can get off your high horse.
    It sounds like you are merely letting your kid drive your cars , nothing wrong with that. As opposed to the other poster who indicated he actually gave his 16 year old 3 cars...
    Also let me ask you : would you give your 16 year old kid 3 cars ? Like put the registration in his name & everything ?
    If the answer is " no " i guess you see where i'm coming from. Seems excessive to me.
    Not trying to offend anyone , there is always that other side of the coin though bro sort to speak.

I happen to know the guy you are directing your comments to and hence my response.

I guess your opinion about me might be different if I told you I am giving the Lotus to my son to drive once he gets his permit. It will be 'his' car to drive as he wants as long as he respects it. It cant go to school since it wont clear the speed bumps . Giving a kid a 70k car might be a little nuts, but what does that say about me if I didnt? What is the difference between me giving him a 10 year old honda? NONE...other than money. And as I see it, money should not be the important thing. RESPECT for the responsibility you take while driving should be. NOT giving him it, would set a view that I value the car more than I trust him. That is my take.

Not sure your age or if you have kids of your own, but I have seen enough in my life to know the you can raise kids and still give them nice things. I have a good friend who was raised with more money than I will ever know. His dad owned a 600mil business. His first car was a dodge viper showroom new. As an adult, he is one of the most kind and generous people I know. He lives a very simple life. He drives a Suburban, and wife drives a VW. He cares nothing about material stuff and runs a business out of passion. He does more for others than anyone I know.

Meeting him and getting to know his father really helped me understand some life lessons. Of course I have had concerns with the fact that my kids will grow up with much more than I ever had. I was concerned about the people that they would become. But we have focused our lives on our kids. You can indeed give them things, but the most important is your values.

I have 'stuff', but it is always in it's place. If you can get your kids to understand that, they can never be spoiled.
    RAW lifts

I happen to know the guy you are directing your comments to and hence my response.

I guess your opinion about me might be different if I told you I am giving the Lotus to my son to drive once he gets his permit. It will be 'his' car to drive as he wants as long as he respects it. It cant go to school since it wont clear the speed bumps . Giving a kid a 70k car might be a little nuts, but what does that say about me if I didnt? What is the difference between me giving him a 10 year old honda? NONE...other than money. And as I see it, money should not be the important thing. RESPECT for the responsibility you take while driving should be. NOT giving him it, would set a view that I value the car more than I trust him. That is my take.

Not sure your age or if you have kids of your own, but I have seen enough in my life to know the you can raise kids and still give them nice things. I have a good friend who was raised with more money than I will ever know. His dad owned a 600mil business. His first car was a dodge viper showroom new. As an adult, he is one of the most kind and generous people I know. He lives a very simple life. He drives a Suburban, and wife drives a VW. He cares nothing about material stuff and runs a business out of passion. He does more for others than anyone I know.

Meeting him and getting to know his father really helped me understand some life lessons. Of course I have had concerns with the fact that my kids will grow up with much more than I ever had. I was concerned about the people that they would become. But we have focused our lives on our kids. You can indeed give them things, but the most important is your values.

I have 'stuff', but it is always in it's place. If you can get your kids to understand that, they can never be spoiled.
    Like i said not trying to offend anybody.
    You seem to have a pretty level head about things , so more power to you.

I'm 28 now , no kids yet. I didn't own a car until i was 21 , honda accord for 6k cash ~
    Now days , im driving something much nicer so i appreciate it that much more.
    I guess your kid is fortunate & we will leave it at that.

Like i said not trying to offend anybody.
    You seem to have a pretty level head about things , so more power to you.

I'm 28 now , no kids yet. I didn't own a car until i was 21 , honda accord for 6k cash ~
    Now days , im driving something much nicer so i appreciate it that much more.
    I guess your kid is fortunate & we will leave it at that.
    There might be some truth in what you say. But I think the key is how you were raised and what you were raised to value. I grew up where my mom raised us and my dad was an electrician. I never felt 'poor', but we did not have some things others had.

I dropped out of school and went into business for myself at 23. I had a drive to achieve something. By my late 20's I had lots of 'stuff'. 10,000 sqft home paid for, cars, even a helicopter. While I was 'successful' by outward appearances, I was chasing a carrot on a stick that I would never catch. I was not motivated by the material stuff, but I was motived to achieve. Once I did something, it was on to the next thing and I never enjoyed myself. I never appreciated anything. It was pretty bad, and my mind was never in the present. Always thinking about the next thing.

In 09 I was lucky that I was almost killed and in the year it took me to recover from my accident, I learned what was important to me. I realized I had anything I wanted 'stuff' wise, but never appreciated any of it. Even though I worked from nothing to own large homes and even had 3 helicopters at one time and would land in my back yard. I was a person that was motived by drive and there is no satisfying that. No happiness or enjoyment of life. I also realized what made me truly happy were the people I love around me. My family and good friends.

I learned to live with much less and got rid of most everything. I became a better husband and father. I have changed my ways and now look for the greatness of every day. I have been lucky enough to feel we are in a place where we can splurge on a few things, but my happiness of my days dont come from that. My kids see the way my wife and I live and I am most proud of the people they have become. It is by far my greatest achievement in life. Or I have been lucky enough to have an awesome wife who I can give most credit to.

So in the end, being raised without stuff does not guarantee a life where you appreciate things either. Had I not had my accident, I would have been a guy who my life passed without ever understanding where happiness exists.
    RAW lifts

Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hawaiianwargod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ID,
    It is awesome that you are able to spend time and enjoy your kids while they are still under your wing so to speak. Material things are to be enjoyed but the lifetime memories you've created with your kids are priceless.
    Thanks for sharing us your hobbies and life experiences.
    Love those cars!
    Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're living-life!

startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) startingat56 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

wrong tree barking

POS kids have not been raised properly regardless of what material things they have or have not
    it's the parents that are at fault for POS kids

your "entitled" only means they have money, but they are the same POS as a poor kid with nothing raised by bad parents

The critical age is 13 and if you have not done your job by then, it's too late. But it starts the day they come home from the hospital

The whole idea is to leave your kids with more than you had, so they in turn can leave their kids with more than they had, and so on and so on, and so on

there is no reason to apologize for having more than others

Does your kid show respect to others?
    Does your kid stand up for others?
    Does your kid figure sh!t out for themselves?

if any answer is no, you are at fault

I remember telling my son at 14 "you better figure out who you want to impress .... me or your friends". He was with a group and few got caught shoplifting (he didn't). I told him what my dad told me "If you bring the cops to our door, it's no longer your door"

My son got a hand me down car at 16 when he got his license, and when he started his first job as an apprentice electrician we bought him a new truck to make sure he got to work everyday on time. By the time he was 25 he had saved up over $100K and has bought his own home on his own. He is not entitled.

After we put out $150K for university and college, and hand me down vehickles my daughter has bought her own home at 28 y.o.
    She is not entitled

My kids got to enjoy travel, offroading in my jacked up TJ, and played sports at a high level

We made sure they were set up to not have debt starting out (other than their mortgage)

They are not entitled and I say this because they show respect to everyone, have lifelong friends, and volunteer, and give blood regularly

They are in a great financial position because that's the way it's supposed to go

To I.D. your son is lucky, not because he has what few others have, but because his parents invested the time in him. It will no doubt pay off.
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

Originally Posted by startingat56 View Post
    wrong tree barking

To I.D. your son is lucky, not because he has what few others have, but because his parents invested the time in him. It will no doubt pay off.

Congrats. I can see the pride you take in your kids and I appreciate that. I have found that no matter what a person's personality is, even if some might view them as annoying, I can like them if them if they are a dedicated parent. Just few things in life like that. I respect those who dont have kids, but I cant imagine my life any other way. In many ways, my own life became meaningless when I woke up one day and realized I am not the important one anymore. It is 100% voluntary and I am truly happy and it is only natural for me.

I am super lucky to have a wife even more dedicated than I am. She gave up work outside the home since she got pregnant with my daughter who is now 18. She has worked harder and every day than I could ever have thought of working. My kids know very well how lucky they are to have her as they see their friends home life are not like ours.

I realize that many times, no matter the effort a parent puts forward, their kid can take a wrong turn. I feel so sorry for those people much in the way I feel sorry for someone who has to get divorced from someone they truly love and will never get over.

I sometimes wonder if you can invest too much in your kids, but that is like saying you can love your wife too much. Sure people get divorced every day, but I cant withhold that which is natural for me. I see the people they are becoming and have become, and I realize I am happiest giving of myself to make the ones I love. Some may not feel that is right. Some might say you have to take care of yourself first. Well, I kinda feel like I have done everything I have ever wanted in life. I have achieved all I could ever want. I am happy at this point to take a second seat.

It is the most wonderful thing to me that my kids never look at me like 'you dont understand'. We have worked to always keep lines of communication open with our kids. The fact that they want us in their life as they get older, and actually ask advice AND listen is amazing.

Anyway.... that is a sappy dad talking. Life is good. Seeing another parent express their pride in their children makes me happy also!
    RAW lifts

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Meh, this car crazy thread lacks action. My interest is tepid at best. Kinda false advertising with the title, IMHO.

and back the fuk off, blueboyballer or whatever. I'm first in line if ID decides to adopt a man child. I was born for that lifestyle, beyotch.

Meh, this car crazy thread lacks action. My interest is tepid at best. Kinda false advertising with the title, IMHO.

and back the fuk off, blueboyballer or whatever. I'm first in line if ID decides to adopt a man child. I was born for that lifestyle, beyotch.
    Ha! Hey man, how goes it. Good to see you still lurking around. I had remembered you had a surgery coming up or injury? (sorry, brain injury. Cant fully remember). Hope all is going well.

I am scrambling getting ready for our VIR trip. Just got wireless coms for our helmets and picked up a race car hauler. I am rolling in my buddies crazy race rig, but I know I needed a trailer for sometime now that I am pushing power levels high enough that popping the motor at the track is not out of the question. The car is putting out 180hp+/ liter which is some pretty high output.

I'll get some good car porn at VIR.
    RAW lifts

Ha! Hey man, how goes it. Good to see you still lurking around. I had remembered you had a surgery coming up or injury? (sorry, brain injury. Cant fully remember). Hope all is going well.

I am scrambling getting ready for our VIR trip. Just got wireless coms for our helmets and picked up a race car hauler. I am rolling in my buddies crazy race rig, but I know I needed a trailer for sometime now that I am pushing power levels high enough that popping the motor at the track is not out of the question. The car is putting out 180hp+/ liter which is some pretty high output.

I'll get some good car porn at VIR.
    All good, brother. Keeping on my grind and adapting as needed. Routine surgery last week has got me seeing with both eyes again, which is most welcome. The pirate thing was cool at first, but ultimately a PITA.

I dont know what VIR is but it sounds great. Sounds like someone is reliving their childhood, which is of course fully awesome. If u cut up some decent racing footage from VIR, I'll prolly watch it.

All good, brother. Keeping on my grind and adapting as needed. Routine surgery last week has got me seeing with both eyes again, which is most welcome. The pirate thing was cool at first, but ultimately a PITA.

I dont know what VIR is but it sounds great. Sounds like someone is reliving their childhood, which is of course fully awesome. If u cut up some decent racing footage from VIR, I'll prolly watch it.

Wow...eye surgery. Hope you are resting and recovering!!!

VIR Virginia International Raceway is known as "Heaven on Earth". It is a 3.2 mile track in the middle of no-where. It is also known as one of the most technical tracks on the east coast. High speed, technical corners, changes in elevations....it has it all. It is a world famous track and many professional motorsports events are hosted there.

Watch the beginning part of this vid.... We will have this whole place to ourselves. 32 people. Pretty incredible. Not many people get to experience this or in this way.
    After that a little in-car from our last trip before Thanksgiving of my son hitting it!

Cool technical 'walk through' of a lap around VIR

RAW lifts

We had a great day at VIR. I left with great memories and a slightly bruised ego. Car ran great. My son ran the best he ever has.

This little car is a monster! Short vid of my getting to play with a GT2RS which is putting out 800hp plus. On the straights he pulls like nuts but the lotus tracks him down in the turns. Pretty amazing for this little car.

Towards end of day I was a little tired and had a lapse in concentration. The 'uphill esses' have taken out more than their fair share of drivers. Now I can add to the list. I glanced down to note my exit speed (which I should have never done) and missed my apex on the top right hand turn by about 1 1/2'. I ended up dropping a tire off the top by the same distance at about 100mph. Tried to correct gentle, but snap turned it and went backwards into the grass.

Could have been WAY worse and a good lesson to know when you have had enough running for the day and not break your attention. Underbelly pan got messed up a touch. We took it off and my son went out a few more times and we called it a day.

Nothing like track macros! Lucky to have some great friends and share doing things like this. My son still 14 and has had two full sessions on VIR full course. Just makes me smile to sit back and ride shot gun to him!

RAW lifts