Reply
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Age: 34
    Posts: 2,434
    Rep Power: 6294
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Deep-Voiced-One is offline

    Kabuki Transformer Bar (Any Objections?)

    Thinking of flipping some funds towards a Kabuki Transformer Bar. My purpose for it primarily is for squat variety with its plethora of options in one area in my home gym (for both me and my girlfriend), second would be a more advantageous squat position since competing isn't my goal, although I'm not completely eliminating traditional barbell squats, but would treat this as a rotational specialty bar to throw in during the week and perhaps a regular if I like it enough to give it the honor.

    Figured I'd get some insight from the knowledgeable regulars that own this bar.

    Bonus questions, does anyone own a blemish version of any of Kabuki's bars and if so are there any relevant defects that should be addressed that would sway one to have backtracked on getting one in new pristine condition?

    Also, thoughts on the Kabuki Kadillac Bar if already owning a non-cambered swiss/football bar with diagonal grips, is it worth owning for the extra stretch/deficit bench you get?

    Looks like it would be nice for extra stretch on bench, fuller ROM for rows/seal rows, perhaps OHPs, tris, etc.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User cwcmac's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2015
    Age: 47
    Posts: 2,614
    Rep Power: 18262
    cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    cwcmac is offline
    Regarding transformer: I got a blemish one and couldn't really find any blemishes but if you add a regular one to your cart you'll get a 5% e-mail within a day or two. Does the 5% difference matter much? Also, they just got their shipping to a reasonable price (~70 as opposed to the dumb shipping I paid).

    I like mine but have kept it primarily on the low bar squat setting. Easy to get in and out of the rack as opposed to my Elite FTS SSB. I wouldn't say it emulates a low bar exactly but pretty close. The biggest change for me is it is different getting your back tight on this as opposed to a regular PB.

    I got it, not so much for the variety but to use when my right shoulder is being a jerk and am really happy with it for that. Soon I'll work in using it for more variation. Front squat is nice but I can't compare much as I'm not much of a front squatter. No wrist flexibility .

    Due to shoulder issues I've had no desire to look into the Kadillac bar
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    heavily caffeinated grapegorilla's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    Age: 49
    Posts: 315
    Rep Power: 1340
    grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000)
    grapegorilla is offline
    I was surprised the duffalo bar was so much longer than a regular barbell. I know it’s a different bar, but if you have any space limitations you should check the dimensions. I got a blemished SholderRok and can’t see the blemish. I’d go blemished.
    ▪[]─────[]▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #80 ▪[]─────[]▪
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #13 ▪[M]====[6]▪

    It seems likely that barbell training would be more efficiently performed if it had more in common with engineering than with astrology -- Rippetoe
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User MGM711's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2014
    Age: 47
    Posts: 1,796
    Rep Power: 5031
    MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    MGM711 is offline
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Thinking of flipping some funds towards a Kabuki Transformer Bar. My purpose for it primarily is for squat variety with its plethora of options in one area in my home gym (for both me and my girlfriend), second would be a more advantageous squat position since competing isn't my goal, although I'm not completely eliminating traditional barbell squats, but would treat this as a rotational specialty bar to throw in during the week and perhaps a regular if I like it enough to give it the honor.

    Figured I'd get some insight from the knowledgeable regulars that own this bar.

    Bonus questions, does anyone own a blemish version of any of Kabuki's bars and if so are there any relevant defects that should be addressed that would sway one to have backtracked on getting one in new pristine condition?

    Also, thoughts on the Kabuki Kadillac Bar if already owning a non-cambered swiss/football bar with diagonal grips, is it worth owning for the extra stretch/deficit bench you get?

    Looks like it would be nice for extra stretch on bench, fuller ROM for rows/seal rows, perhaps OHPs, tris, etc.
    I own the Transformer Bar V4, owned V3 as well and Marrs Bar, SS Yoke, and Crep SSB to name a few. The TB is not a very good SSB comparatively, but it's a great variation bar and that was the sole purpose of why I got one. I have bad shoulders and elbow which makes squatting with a straight bar difficult, so I prefer to use a yolk type now as much as possible. I got the TB with that thought in mind and it does deliver in the variation department. Outside of variation, I'm not sure the TB is great at anything else outside of being easy to move around and adjust. So I'd recommend the TB for someone looking to get a lot of variation use from one bar, and not as a great yolk type bar.

    I own the Kadillac as well and also own the Edge Slim combo and the EliteFTS Cambered FB bar, and I'd say the Kadillac is probably the best of the group even though I like all three for different reasons. The Kadillac is built well, balances well, and feels sturdy, I'd definitely recommend one. I also got a blemished one, and had zero defects even though I suspect that KS sells perfectly fine bars as blemished to simply save themselves the warranty issues.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User cwcmac's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2015
    Age: 47
    Posts: 2,614
    Rep Power: 18262
    cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    cwcmac is offline
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    I own the Transformer Bar V4, owned V3 as well and Marrs Bar, SS Yoke, and Crep SSB to name a few. The TB is not a very good SSB comparatively, but it's a great variation bar and that was the sole purpose of why I got one. I have bad shoulders and elbow which makes squatting with a straight bar difficult, so I prefer to use a yolk type now as much as possible. I got the TB with that thought in mind and it does deliver in the variation department. Outside of variation, I'm not sure the TB is great at anything else outside of being easy to move around and adjust. So I'd recommend the TB for someone looking to get a lot of variation use from one bar, and not as a great yolk type bar.

    I own the Kadillac as well and also own the Edge Slim combo and the EliteFTS Cambered FB bar, and I'd say the Kadillac is probably the best of the group even though I like all three for different reasons. The Kadillac is built well, balances well, and feels sturdy, I'd definitely recommend one. I also got a blemished one, and had zero defects even though I suspect that KS sells perfectly fine bars as blemished to simply save themselves the warranty issues.
    Adding to the above. I also have the Edge Slim football bar. Really like it for benching and OHP when my shoulder is flaring up but it kills my hands over 260 or so. Not sure if the Kadillac bar is the same but I have to switch to a straight bar for anything higher. Perhaps I'm just a big, fat sissy but I think it's the size of the grips for the bar that bother my hand...granted I'm 5'6" and my hands aren't huge so that may also be a factor.....At least I can OHP in my rack so I have that going for me.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Age: 34
    Posts: 2,434
    Rep Power: 6294
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Deep-Voiced-One is offline
    MGM711 and cwcmac,

    Thanks for the helpful information on these bars, they're gonna be on my list when I get the funds for them, the blemish ones in particular.

    It sounds like they both will fit well for my purpose of using them and not having to switch out much on varied leg work is definitely a good incentive, also similar to cwcmac I could never get the wrist flexibility thing right on front squats and am not that critical on working on it, but rather to get the benefits from the movement in an advantageous way...the crossed arm version gets old after a while.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User Mech6's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts: 4,900
    Rep Power: 15374
    Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mech6 is offline
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    MGM711 and cwcmac,

    Thanks for the helpful information on these bars, they're gonna be on my list when I get the funds for them, the blemish ones in particular.

    It sounds like they both will fit well for my purpose of using them and not having to switch out much on varied leg work is definitely a good incentive, also similar to cwcmac I could never get the wrist flexibility thing right on front squats and am not that critical on working on it, but rather to get the benefits from the movement in an advantageous way...the crossed arm version gets old after a while.
    For the front squats you could get a harness (titan has one dirt cheap). Would also let you do zerchers without actually using your arms.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User tjp15785's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Age: 46
    Posts: 174
    Rep Power: 719
    tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tjp15785 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    tjp15785 is offline
    I just received one a couple weeks ago. I like it. Only buy blemished, as I didn’t.

    Complained about some serious scarring and lack of zinc coating on the bar, they stated the scars were normal, and sent me a part out to replace the rusted piece. Customer service lacking.

    I have three of their bars, but probably won’t consider anything else from them based on last experience.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User rlundregan's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Age: 53
    Posts: 4,986
    Rep Power: 34406
    rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    rlundregan is offline
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    For the front squats you could get a harness (titan has one dirt cheap). Would also let you do zerchers without actually using your arms.
    C'mon man......everybody knows that Zerchers are for biceps!

    I had that TItan harness for about 5 minutes and didn't really like it. I don't recall what the issue was, I want to say that I didn't like something about the way the bar sat on those little prongs. Take this with a grain of salt, I often have a slightly different opinion from the majority about gear.

    I do like doing Zerchers with a fat bar (which I made from a piece of pipe and a pair of shaft collars). I usually wrap a towel around the bar and/or use elbow sleeves, this is a lot more comfortable that doing Zerchers with a normal straight bar.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Vin Diesel Brah JUGGERNAUT1333's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Posts: 21,022
    Rep Power: 249537
    JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    JUGGERNAUT1333 is offline
    Following.

    I am on the fence about buying this bar. The adjustability is nice, but would I really use it that much? We are talking paying $700+ for a bar, when you can get an SSB for ~$300.

    Curious to hear other peoples opinions on the bar.
    6'1 - 240lbs

    <HTC>
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User MGM711's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2014
    Age: 47
    Posts: 1,796
    Rep Power: 5031
    MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    MGM711 is offline
    Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUT1333 View Post
    Following.

    I am on the fence about buying this bar. The adjustability is nice, but would I really use it that much? We are talking paying $700+ for a bar, when you can get an SSB for ~$300.

    Curious to hear other peoples opinions on the bar.
    I wouldn't classify it as a SSB per se, it's more of a squat variation bar that does the SSB as one of the settings. If you want to lump it in as a SSB, it's not the best choice by a long shot, as I mentioned, Marrs, SS Yoke, and Crep are all better, but where this bar stands alone is the ability to change angles, so if that's important to you, I'd consider the TB, if it isn't, get a Titan SSB for less than half the cost.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Vin Diesel Brah JUGGERNAUT1333's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Posts: 21,022
    Rep Power: 249537
    JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUGGERNAUT1333 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    JUGGERNAUT1333 is offline
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    I wouldn't classify it as a SSB per se, it's more of a squat variation bar that does the SSB as one of the settings. If you want to lump it in as a SSB, it's not the best choice by a long shot, as I mentioned, Marrs, SS Yoke, and Crep are all better, but where this bar stands alone is the ability to change angles, so if that's important to you, I'd consider the TB, if it isn't, get a Titan SSB for less than half the cost.
    Yeah I've heard the actually SSB setting isn't great. I guess I'm just wondering if people actually get use out of all the adjustments or just end up keeping it on one or two settings. I'd be pretty pissed if I bought the bar and ended up finding out all the settings don't really have much practical use.

    I did get to use the Elite Yoke at a new gym I went to, I was amazed how different a quality SSB can keep. I've been used to using cheap-o ones.
    6'1 - 240lbs

    <HTC>
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Multi-Platinum User radrd's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2018
    Posts: 5,519
    Rep Power: 54021
    radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    radrd is offline
    Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUT1333 View Post
    Yeah I've heard the actually SSB setting isn't great. I guess I'm just wondering if people actually get use out of all the adjustments or just end up keeping it on one or two settings. I'd be pretty pissed if I bought the bar and ended up finding out all the settings don't really have much practical use.

    I did get to use the Elite Yoke at a new gym I went to, I was amazed how different a quality SSB can keep. I've been used to using cheap-o ones.
    This is why I went with the Marrs Bar over Transformer. I know I'll never play with a bunch of fiddly adjustments and settings when I just want to do low bar back squats. I've consistently found with training equipment that the jack of all trades and master of none purchae will end up being disappointing. Aside from a quick test, I haven't even done any front squats with the Marrs Bar, but I'm fully satisfied because it does what I wanted perfectly. I buy with one goal and if I can use the equipment for something else, great, but I don't bet on every Swiss Army knife blade being worth a damn.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts