GainsForTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GainsForTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GainsForTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GainsForTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GainsForTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GainsForTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GainsForTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GainsForTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GainsForTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GainsForTay will become famous soon enough. (+50) GainsForTay will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Gaining too Much Fat on a Bulk WITH a Trainer....advice please

I need some advice...

I have always been lean, and I lost some muscle mass during the pandemic when gyms were closed, so I enlisted the help of a trainer to help my muscle back.

Anyway, I started off lean and at 17% body fat, 118 lbs. and 5'7". I've seen the man for a month, and I did gain around 1.5 lbs of muscle, but now, I feel like I'm just gaining body fat. Initially, I was eating around 1,700 calories a day with him, but he kept telling me to bump it up to 2,000-2,100, and now my body fat is at2o%. Worse yet, my muscle mass is where it was a month ago, but my body fat is higher. I've had it tested every week.

What should I do?
    Last edited by GainsForTay; 10-15-2021 at 10:28 PM.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off I will tell you that bodyfat "tests" are all extremely inaccurate, so take any results with a grain of salt.

You should expect to put on some fat during a bulk, that just goes with the territory, but if you're putting on too much then you may need to dial it back a bit.

You failed to mention how much weight you've gained, but typically on a bulk you should keep things around 1-2 lbs PER MONTH, anything more than that will typically result too much fat since its just not possible to build more than about a pound a month of muscle, even with optimal training/nutrition.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.