gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Right Shoulder Pain Limited Movement

Hi I never injured myself in the gym, done it on my couch, hope I don't get flak,
    Long story short I had a trial with a nectar mattress kept it for just under a year, but it wasn't for me, sent it back got refund, should have done it sooner, but I never, so found myself with no mattress, couldn't make my mind up on replacement so slept on my couch in the meantime, what I thought would be a couple of weeks turned into 4 months.

I could only sleep a certain way on my couch, and it meant sleeping on my right side every night, not a lot of give on it for my shoulder and the injury I have now just crept up on me, finally realised my right shoulder had gone when I attempted overhead press, but it was just too painful, used to be able to hang from a door bar in my livingroom no problem, now I just can't get into that position.

Yesterday I had kenetic chain release therapy, it never worked, she released my psoas, if that is physically possible, I'm no expert, and that may have fixed another problem, time will tell, but my shoulder is still knackered, always had niggles with my shoulders but my left was always the worst, but also manageable and it very rarely kept me from training, but with my right one just now training is just not on, never had this kind of injury on my shoulder before, it isn't really painful when resting, but when I put it in certain positions like the over head press, hanging, it's just so painful, and even tucking my shirt in at the back I get the same pain, I can put up with some pain, but this is way up there, easily an 8 or 9, out of 10.

So now I'm looking for physio and I'm just not sure, what field or search term to use on Google, eg sports specific etc, I've went to physios in the past and some have just not worked, I'm not bashing physios, but sometimes I just find they're narrow minded, and have one size fits all attitudes, and it really isn't, so frustrated I did this sleeping on my couch, some will probably disagree, but I know this is the cause, any advice appreciated, Thanks.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sleep on your left side on the couch.

gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Sleep on your left side on the couch.
    Got a mattress now mate already trying that, and if you read the thread I said I couldn't sleep on the left on the couch, no matter how hard I tried I had to turn over to my right to fall asleep, that's not the issue now trying to find treatment, and get the right person for the job, it's all in my thread lol.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gibbsy08 View Post
    Got a mattress now mate already trying that, and if you read the thread I said I couldn't sleep on the left on the couch, no matter how hard I tried I had to turn over to my right to fall asleep, that's not the issue now trying to find treatment, and get the right person for the job, it's all in my thread lol.
    You didn't elaborate on why you had to sleep on your right side in your autobiography above, so it seemed like you might not realize that your couch is symmetrical and you could face the other way.

See a physio.

You didn't elaborate on why you had to sleep on your right side in your autobiography above, so it seemed like you might not realize that your couch is symmetrical and you could face the other way.

See a physio.
    Ok the couch was an L shape, think you call it a ches long or something, the part with the long end was where my head went and that was really the softest part, and it wasn't that soft, if I turned I faced the back of the couch, and I just couldn't sleep that way, I get it was a bit long but I always try and give people the background, and I didn't want to elaborate too much, cause it was already quite long, to be honest I shouldn't have bothered, this forum is total ****, and know one wants to help anyone anymore, all you get is smart remarks, and I wasn't aiming that at you so don't take offence please, I'm referring to other threads, not even going to bother with this forum anymore.

Ok the couch was an L shape, think you call it a ches long or something, the part with the long end was where my head went and that was really the softest part, and it wasn't that soft, if I turned I faced the back of the couch, and I just couldn't sleep that way, I get it was a bit long but I always try and give people the background, and I didn't want to elaborate too much, cause it was already quite long, to be honest I shouldn't have bothered, this forum is total ****, and know one wants to help anyone anymore, all you get is smart remarks, and I wasn't aiming that at you so don't take offence please, I'm referring to other threads, not even going to bother with this forum anymore.
    No offense taken, tbh this prob isn't the best place to seek advice on furniture-related sleeping injuries.

I was serious about seeing a physio, you can always disregard the advice if you feel it's BS, but they can evaluate you and based on that, can either recommend rehab exercises or let you know if you should see a doctor/get an MRI for further evaluation.

No offense taken, tbh this prob isn't the best place to seek advice on furniture-related sleeping injuries.

I was serious about seeing a physio, you can always disregard the advice if you feel it's BS, but they can evaluate you and based on that, can either recommend rehab exercises or let you know if you should see a doctor/get an MRI for further evaluation.

Thanks and I appreciate the advice but you know probably just as well as me you can injure yourself just as easy as picking up your dropped phone, or picking your grandson out of the car seat lol, but I guess people just want to help with someone ripping a pec benching 250kg or something lol, more juicy I guess, but you can get injured anywhere, cheers.

Thanks and I appreciate the advice but you know probably just as well as me you can injure yourself just as easy as picking up your dropped phone, or picking your grandson out of the car seat lol, but I guess people just want to help with someone ripping a pec benching 250kg or something lol, more juicy I guess, but you can get injured anywhere, cheers.
    Well if you tore your pec I'd prob also recommend you see a medical professional.

Your shoulder issue could be anything from some tendonitis, inflammation, an actual tear etc., for which you'd need at the very least a physical exam - and the level of treatment would differ based on the severity. The point is that the pain is interfering with both your training and basic daily activities, so it's not something you want random people on this forum giving you advice on based on your minimal verbal description.

And it likely wasn't caused solely by your sleep position, although that likely blew up some ongoing minor issues. Had you slept on your left side for 4 months straight, it'd likely be your left shoulder with the issues.