bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Do Powerblock pro series address the cracking issue of the U90?

Hello to everyone after quite some time.

My Powerblock U90 set (stage 1 plus stage 2) has, to my utter amazement, started cracking and falling apart despite seldom use and though they have never been stored outside my living room. It seems my peace of mind, due the Made in the US and lifetime warranty policy, was actually not well founded. I also just found out that other users have already experienced what I just experienced and I have now asked Powerblock for a replacement set. What I wanted to ask anyone that might know is whether the new pro series, which are now made in China and only with a 5 year warranty, are an all metal design coated by urethane or are they like the old U90s whose plates are connected to the steel rods by urethane only?

IMG_20211006_150830.jpg

IMG_20211006_150854.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the Pro EXP 90s and they are the same design.

bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonfilet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    I have the Pro EXP 90s and they are the same design.
    So basically no. It's still down to the urethane to hold the metal plate?

If anyone else can confirm this it would help.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Boggles the mind how idiotic this mistake was by Powerblock, to think Urethane would make a great connection point VS just adding tabs of metal for the corners.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Boggles the mind how idiotic this mistake was by Powerblock, to think Urethane would make a great connection point VS just adding tabs of metal for the corners.
    The thing is they marketed it as urethane coated. I supposed that they were essentially the Sports with a coat of urethane in order to make them quiet. Would have never bought them had I known there was no metal holding the plate to the bars.

I've applied for replacements but am afraid the replacements will have the same problem and only 5 years of warranty.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bonfilet View Post
    The thing is they marketed it as urethane coated. I supposed that they were essentially the Sports with a coat of urethane in order to make them quiet. Would have never bought them had I known there was no metal holding the plate to the bars.

I've applied for replacements but am afraid the replacements will have the same problem and only 5 years of warranty.
    We all assumed that, until they started breaking on people. I had a set a long time ago but sold them before people started noticing issues. I'd get the replacements and get them on ******** Marketplace ASAP!

We all assumed that, until they started breaking on people. I had a set a long time ago but sold them before people started noticing issues. I'd get the replacements and get them on ******** Marketplace ASAP!
    What did you replace them with?

Originally Posted by bonfilet View Post
    What did you replace them with?
    Bought an older set of Powerblocks, the Pro Rexan that are all metal with welded corners.

Bought an older set of Powerblocks, the Pro Rexan that are all metal with welded corners.
    Between the elites and the sports that they currently sell which would you get?

Hands down the Elite Series, I've owned the Sport and they are too bukly and I was not impressed by the tiny button welds. Elite are "Made in USA" and will stand the test of time...