410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50) 410Stroker will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Deadlift\Squat shoes

Hello all,
    I am looking to get some squat\deadlift shoes. I have a couple of questions regarding brand\product line suggestions

1) I have VERY wide feet, what brands generally cut wide or have wide offerings.
    2) I sweat like a human firehose, i have hyper-hydrosis, so prefer a brand that is notable for resilience and durability
    3) A couple years back I blew my knee, docs\therapists said i may never have full range of motion again, and ok.... but I have noticed since the feeling like having a slight heal might be helpful on the balance. I have heard it is advised if needed for squats but NEVER for deadlifts. I will NEVER compete, and I highly doubt I will ever max, im not young and I havent maxed on anything since my teens and have no plans to. So if 1RM wont be limited by these is there still a reason to avoid a shoe with a heal for deadlifts?
    4) I hope this is a emphatic NO, but i dont need separate squat and DL shoes do I, seems a bit ridiculous to me, but if you feel it is needed please be specific as to why.

I did both squat and deads in my work boots for YEARS, but im older and have a bit more money and am testing out some things that are a little nicer in my old age.

Yes I could have googled it and have before, but I prefer input from people who actually do it, not someone going over a stat breakdown

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wonder if firm sandles would be good.
    They are not allowed in the gym though cuz what if you drop a 45 pounder on your toe. Liability.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 410Stroker View Post
    Hello all,
    I am looking to get some squat\deadlift shoes. I have a couple of questions regarding brand\product line suggestions

1) I have VERY wide feet, what brands generally cut wide or have wide offerings.
    2) I sweat like a human firehose, i have hyper-hydrosis, so prefer a brand that is notable for resilience and durability
    3) A couple years back I blew my knee, docs\therapists said i may never have full range of motion again, and ok.... but I have noticed since the feeling like having a slight heal might be helpful on the balance. I have heard it is advised if needed for squats but NEVER for deadlifts. I will NEVER compete, and I highly doubt I will ever max, im not young and I havent maxed on anything since my teens and have no plans to. So if 1RM wont be limited by these is there still a reason to avoid a shoe with a heal for deadlifts?
    4) I hope this is a emphatic NO, but i dont need separate squat and DL shoes do I, seems a bit ridiculous to me, but if you feel it is needed please be specific as to why.

I did both squat and deads in my work boots for YEARS, but im older and have a bit more money and am testing out some things that are a little nicer in my old age.

Yes I could have googled it and have before, but I prefer input from people who actually do it, not someone going over a stat breakdown
    1. the word is heel
    2. just DL barefoot
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    I wonder if firm sandles would be good.
    They are not allowed in the gym though cuz what if you drop a 45 pounder on your toe. Liability.
    Logic checks out, because no one ever DLed or squatted barefoot or in socks before. Also since sneakers are usually steel-toed.

kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have used a heeled squat shoe for both squats and deadlifts. Many feel that a heeled shoe for deadlift alters the form a bit, shifting you a bit forward and emphasizing your quads too much, and not the hams/glutes as much. That was my experience, however, I was intentionally trying to target my quads more. It can be done, plenty of people do, it's really about personal preference. 80% of the time i squat and pull in regular tennis shoes. I'm also not setting any personal records anymore and am simply trying to have productive training sessions where I'm making progress and not leaving the workout with more or worse injuries than when i started.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The reality is you can lift in any shoe that you like and enables you to perform the lift safely. I prefer barefoot for DL and a raised heel for squatting but there's no right answer for everyone.

If you don't know where to start and prefer not to go barefoot, then I'd get Nike Metcons and see how they work. It's a good all-around gym shoe that you can keep using even if you decide to try something else for squat and/or deadlift. Converse Chuck Taylors and Reebok Nanos are also highly recommended. I like Under Armour and Nordic Lifting.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    Liability.
    Someone didn't read the form when he signed up for his gym membership.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16