SenhorSquirtle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

[Egg White Protein Powder] Why does my egg white protein powder becomes brown?

Hi guys xD

if you know someone who might help me with this, please tag the user.

So I'm doing this because of the avidin issue. I just want to heat up this crap and put it in my yogurt to eat.
    I'll be eating 60g of egg white protein powder, its like eating 15 eggs per day.
    This **** blocks the avidin absorption, I dont want this effect, so I have to burn this thing.

ht tps:/ /ifst. onlinelibrary.wiley. com/doi/abs/10.1111/jfpp. 12154

Apparently, to neutralize avidin almost completely, one must submit the egg white to a temperature of 100C for 10min. There is an even older study that says 4min. This for avidin in egg whites.

My oven is old and I don't know the temperature. I did some tests and it looks like it heats up to 200-250C. From what I've researched on microbiology, at this temperature it would probably(I need the Z value for this, and its not shown in the study preview, but it probably is not very high from what I've seen in other study) take about 1 minute to neutralize all avidin. The problem is that the egg white protein quickly turns brown as in the photo (I took it). If I leave it for too long like 10min, it turns black, carbonizes, turns into charcoal. Does anyone know why it turns brown? Maiilard Reaction? My fear is the amino acids are being destroyed and charred quickly.

Tbh I'll test tomorrow to see what happend under only 1min, But I'm sure that under like 3minutes it becomes brown..

I could just make a recipe that goes in the oven, like a protein bar. I believe this does not happen with the powder in the case of the recipe because the thermostability of the protein in the mixture is different.

it is pasteurized, but pasteurization is at 65C for 2 minutes. this neutralizes very little of the avidin.

3min:
    ht tps: //i.imgur. com/RlXPt0I. png

10min:
    ht tps: //i.imgur. com/KsLoPlH. png

am I crazy? Something says to me its obvious that the brown is still ok to eat.. something else says it can be a transient phase that is already turning to coal and partially destroyed

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SenhorSquirtle View Post
    am I crazy?
    Yes you are. This is from someone that self diagnoses themselves a 7 on the 1 to 10 crazy scale.

SenhorSquirtle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Yes you are. This is from someone that self diagnoses themselves a 7 on the 1 to 10 crazy scale.
    xD brutal

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Avidin killed my grandfather.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿชณ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Gross ๐Ÿคฎ
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I put my white sneakers in the oven, they turn brown. If I leave them too long, they turn black. Does anyone know why this is? Maiilard Reaction?

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    When I put my white sneakers in the oven, they turn brown.
    I put my college room mates rubber sneakers in the freezer one evening. He had to make the 1.5 mile walk to class in frozen rubber sneakers the next morning. Did some other mean things to him that I will save for another post which is appropriate for the context of the thread.

I was pretty big at the time and he was a vegetarian. The threat of violence was not an issue for me.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I put my college room mates rubber sneakers in the freezer one evening. He had to make the 1.5 mile walk to class in frozen rubber sneakers the next morning. Did some other mean things to him that I will save for another post which is appropriate for the context of the thread.

I was pretty big at the time and he was a vegetarian. The threat of violence was not an issue for me.
    I always say that if you are going to make fun of someone, that you should first walk a mile in their shoes. That way you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I always say that if you are going to make fun of someone, that you should first walk a mile in their shoes. That way you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.
    You must not have a sole...
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    You must not have a sole...
    โ€œGod what an outfield, What a left field. This must be heavenโ€ - Shoeless Joe

No. It's Iowa

I always say that if you are going to make fun of someone
    I make fun of people all the time that are living out of a motel room. I tell them that they can pay less money and stay in a place where they can cook food, do their laundry and have more space than a motel room.

Punchline I tell these people is that they have low standards and no value of money. It goes right over their head.

https://seks.craigslist.org/sub/d/co...376133341.html

I make fun of people all the time that are living out of a motel room. I tell them that they can pay less money and stay in a place where they can cook food, do their laundry and have more space than a motel room.

Punchline I tell these people is that they have low standards and no value of money. It goes right over their head.

https://seks.craigslist.org/sub/d/co...376133341.html
    Wait a second. You mean to tell me that yโ€™all have WiFi in Kansas now????

Wait a second. You mean to tell me that yโ€™all have WiFi in Kansas now????
    Sometimes I put these lines in my Craigslist ad.

New for 2022, all houses and apartments feature indoor plumbing and an outdoor cat*.

*Outdoor cat may be substituted by stray dog, squirrel, pigeon, coyote** or fox**.
    **Coyote or fox at apartments only, not at houses.