SlimShady8324 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking at bulking up finally (38year 5ft7)

Not sure if you guys/girls can see this pic apologizes in advance
    I'm 5ft7 70kg ... Skinny all over with a pot belly - also 38 years old

My goal is to add 10kg and get to 80kg think that would be a good size for my height.
    I'll be soon getting into weights once my work schedule will be back to normal (60hours a week).
    I plan to work out Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun for at least 1 hour each day, starting with weights 5x5 stronglifts (just my thing), when I have the energy and time I'll be working on calisthenics my true passion.

This is what I plan on eating most days during the week, WEEKENDS will be different.
    I'm trying to eat enough during the week ( work a lot) and the right meals that I can eat while at work, all meals are "meal prepped" except breakfest...

Up at 5:30am home by 10:30 pm sleep midnight during the week
    What do I need to add OR cut from my meals? protein/carbs?
    I have energy drinks most days due to the hours of work.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdays are the days I work a lot and have Thurs Fri arvo free along with sat/sun

I'm just wondering about calories/protein etc for my bulking
    Calories = 2600 ... Carbs = 320 Protein = 110

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bulking at what sounds like lightweight but skinny fat with a pot belly, doing SL5x5 four consecutive days/week, and having a strict meal plan on weekdays and no plan for the weekend… all don’t sound like the right approach IMO, but you can certainly give it a try and see how it works for you.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There is decreasing return on muscle gain and increasing fat if you eat more than 500 cal above maintainence.

Gym sessions should be under 90 minutes, preferably only 60 of lifting, or your testosterone spike can turn to a cortisol spike.

How new are you to weight lifting? If very little muscle, 2-3 sets per muscle group might be all you need if doing them 3x per week. But if you don't go to failure, have fun doing more. Aim for 9 good sets per week if need be for gains. See if you can get some easy ones first though.

Your lack of sleep will cut into how much you can recover from.

2600 calories sounds good since you are bulking. 110g fat is lower than some would bulk at but still in range since you are not cutting. 67g fat is ok. I don't see any junk food. So good there. Eat at least 3 meals per day. Preferably break it up to 4 or 5.
    Last edited by Darkius; 10-10-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't eat junk on the weekends. Do a gradual transition if that is what it takes rather than quitting, but be aware that weekend junk will slow your gains.

Also, so very good meta studies with their own tests found there is no hyper trophy range. You can bulk with 40% your 1 rep max if you take each set to failure and do the same weight x reps x sets.

Hypertrophy is proportional to volume load, if you let yourself recover from the volume.
    Last edited by Darkius; 10-10-2021 at 06:19 PM.

OH my bad on the typo.

When I meant I'm working out 4 days I didn't mean strong lifts only. I'm doing stronglifts 5x5 only 3 of the 4 days as it's only a 3 day a week routine. The other day I'm mostly working on my calisthenics (body weight) what I'm looking to get into after weights.

as for eating on weekends.

What I meant was my meals will be different, then the ones I have above, but still healthy. I usually only eat 1 maybe 2 meals a week that are dirty as it is, the rest is pretty clean.

weekends meals going to consist of, lots of steak, eggs, salmon, veggies etc etc so pretty good ****

More or less just wanted to see about my

Carbs/Protein were ok? I'm thinking of adding more protein making it around 130g but we'll see how I go with my weigh in this week

Also my lack of sleep is only on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays the other 4 days I'll get plenty of rest

Those first 3 days is how much I get though due to the 2 jobs and travel time to and from etc

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SlimShady8324 View Post
    When I meant I'm working out 4 days I didn't mean strong lifts only. I'm doing stronglifts 5x5 only 3 of the 4 days as it's only a 3 day a week routine. The other day I'm mostly working on my calisthenics (body weight) what I'm looking to get into after weights.

as for eating on weekends.

What I meant was my meals will be different, then the ones I have above, but still healthy. I usually only eat 1 maybe 2 meals a week that are dirty as it is, the rest is pretty clean.

weekends meals going to consist of, lots of steak, eggs, salmon, veggies etc etc so pretty good ****

More or less just wanted to see about my

Carbs/Protein were ok? I'm thinking of adding more protein making it around 130g but we'll see how I go with my weigh in this week
    IMO doing SL 5x5 3 out of 4 consecutive days + 1 of those days doing bodyweight exercises won't work out well either.

And I think you're getting caught up in the idea of clean v. dirty food. My point was that if you're bulking and bother to have a detailed macro breakdown for each weekday, the weekend should be done in the same manner regardless of the specific food makeup.

Regardless, if that's your plan give it a try, see how it goes, and adjust accordingly.