skylarmalts is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice on my glute workout?

Is my glute workout good or can it use some tweaking? It seems too long - I get tired, dizzy, & blurred vision. I’m a 22 yr old female. Glutes done once a week. I use protein powder after workouts.

I try to increase the weight as often as possible

Trying to grow glutes

Stretch + activation

Squat rack: 3 sets, 8-12 reps. 110lbs, 120lbs, 130lbs and a drop set with 90lbs

Sumo squats: 3 sets, 8-12 reps, 90lbs. Should I do RDLs instead?

Hip thrusts: 3 sets, 8-12 reps. 130lbs, 160lbs, 160lbs

Bulgarian split squats: 3 sets, 10 reps, 35lbs

Cable kickbacks: 3 sets, 12 reps each leg. Can’t remember weight right now

Cable abductions (side kicks): 3 sets, 12 reps each leg. Can’t remember weight right now
    Last edited by skylarmalts; 10-07-2021 at 09:19 PM.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by skylarmalts View Post
    Is my glute workout good or can it use some tweaking? It seems too long - I get tired, dizzy, & blurred vision. I’m a 22 yr old female. Glutes done once a week. I use protein powder after workouts.

I try to increase the weight as often as possible

Trying to grow glutes

Stretch + activation

Squat rack: 3 sets, 8-12 reps. 110lbs, 120lbs, 130lbs and a drop set with 90lbs

Sumo squats: 3 sets, 8-12 reps, 90lbs. Should I do RDLs instead?

Hip thrusts: 3 sets, 8-12 reps. 130lbs, 160lbs, 160lbs

Bulgarian split squats: 3 sets, 10 reps, 35lbs

Cable kickbacks: 3 sets, 12 reps each leg. Can’t remember weight right now

Cable abductions (side kicks): 3 sets, 12 reps each leg. Can’t remember weight right now
    Wide stance anything is more adductor, not glute. The glutes are actually disadvantaged in a wide stance.

You will be fine with squats, hip thrust and RDLs. Trap bar deadlifts have been shown in studies to hit the glutes harder than conventional or sumo deadlifts as well. And single leg work is good too, in every study I’ve seen, step up variations beat the pants off every movement for glutes though.

Standing hip abductions work the glute medius, seated will work the piriformis. If you have a cuff for a cable machine or access to a 4-way hip machine, those would be your best options for glute medius.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Camarija is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Wide stance anything is more adductor, not glute. The glutes are actually disadvantaged in a wide stance.

You will be fine with squats, hip thrust and RDLs. Trap bar deadlifts have been shown in studies to hit the glutes harder than conventional or sumo deadlifts as well. And single leg work is good too, in every study I’ve seen, step up variations beat the pants off every movement for glutes though.

Standing hip abductions work the glute medius, seated will work the piriformis. If you have a cuff for a cable machine or access to a 4-way hip machine, those would be your best options for glute medius.
    Obligatory
    Spoiler!

Srs, good stuff

I found Hip Thrust on the leg extension machine is great for peak contraction, but you will quickly outgrow the weight stack

Also attaching a useful link for glute programming and volume management.

https://renaissanceperiodization.com...s-hypertrophy/

Cheers!
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Obligatory
    Spoiler!

Srs, good stuff

I found Hip Thrust on the leg extension machine is great for peak contraction, but you will quickly outgrow the weight stack

https://renaissanceperiodization.com...s-hypertrophy/

Cheers!
    I’ve done something similar on the lying leg curl machine

-Sir Isaac Newton

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post

Thank you! Didn’t know that about wide movements. The study you posted for single leg movements was great. Incorporated into my work out today

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Obligatory
    Spoiler!

Srs, good stuff

Cheers!

Thanks! Never tried it this way, will have to give it a go. Appreciate it

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Hip thrusters on the smith machine can be a decent compromise between being easy to set up and being able to add enough weight.

BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BadGaskets350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If the leg exercises are making you dizzy and causing blurred vision you may be losing blood pressure. My wife (who is NOT a gym goer) struggles with any sort of exercise because of this. I'm pretty sure the condition is called orthostatic hypotension. Just standing up can cause blood pressure drops and dizziness.

I think this is more common in women than men.

Discuss this with your doctor, have your bp checked.There are tests for that sort of hypotension.

I don't necessarily think your routine is "too much", it looks a lot like any other leg day to me.

Originally Posted by BadGaskets350 View Post
    If the leg exercises are making you dizzy and causing blurred vision you may be losing blood pressure. My wife (who is NOT a gym goer) struggles with any sort of exercise because of this. I'm pretty sure the condition is called orthostatic hypotension. Just standing up can cause blood pressure drops and dizziness.

I think this is more common in women than men.

Discuss this with your doctor, have your bp checked.There are tests for that sort of hypotension.

I don't necessarily think your routine is "too much", it looks a lot like any other leg day to me.

Thanks for sharing, I’ll definitely do some research on it and bring it up to my doctor

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Hip thrusters on the smith machine can be a decent compromise between being easy to set up and being able to add enough weight.

Yeah that’s what I’ve found as well

GrubMilk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GrubMilk View Post
    This is not the misc. I see from your earlier post that you've created a new account having previously been active in the Misc.

Firstly, why the new account? What was your previous account name. PM me if you don't want this public.

But in the meantime, please stay on topic in serious forums.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    This is not the misc. I see from your earlier post that you've created a new account having previously been active in the Misc.

Firstly, why the new account? What was your previous account name. PM me if you don't want this public.

But in the meantime, please stay on topic in serious forums.

What? Dude I literally found this website a few days ago for the first time and opened an account and made the post. There weren’t any “rules” or anything like that, no direction on where to post. Just a spot that said create thread, which I did. Really not a big deal - you don’t have to be rude about it

Originally Posted by skylarmalts View Post
    What? Dude I literally found this website a few days ago for the first time and opened an account and made the post. There weren’t any “rules” or anything like that, no direction on where to post. Just a spot that said create thread, which I did. Really not a big deal - you don’t have to be rude about it
    I was talking to the guy I quoted "GrubMilk" who was spamming your thread with meaningless posts.