fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fendertele is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Deadlifting with the short bar ?

I've always deadlifted with the short bar not sure how short it is but I just prefer it and it feels much more stable having the weight in closer to me... I feel with the bigger bar if you are not perfectly centre whichever side has more length can lead to tipping.... Again i've only used the long bar a handful of times and generally always deadlift with the very short one. Am I losing out by not using the bigger one in anyway ?

heavily caffeinated grapegorilla's Avatar
    grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not deadlifing enough weight to have this make a difference, but I was just watching Basement Brandon's video comparing deadlift bars and if I understood the his point, he was saying that having the weights further away was an advantage. This isn't the video I watched, but seems to get the same point across:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1ED6IQ5eGA
    ▪[]─────[]▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #80 ▪[]─────[]▪
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #13 ▪[M]====[6]▪

It seems likely that barbell training would be more efficiently performed if it had more in common with engineering than with astrology -- Rippetoe

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Unless you’re training for a competition it doesn’t really matter. Short, standard, long, hex, trap, rickshaw are all similar enough.