MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Monolift from Bells of Steel

Guys I have seen these before but haven’t paid much attention to them ,as I have a bad back and left knee , so I can’t squat a lot regardless.
    But as I was reading about them on the Bells of Steel site, they mention using them for bench press also.
    I never really thought of using them for bench pressing, and I do find I aggravate my shoulders the most while lifting off .
    In theory , I would think the mono lift would be beneficial for benching , as your not lifting the weight from behind you .

I purchased their rack , so I’d say I’m stuck using their monolift attachment. Has anyone used their monolift , or can see any design issues before I buy ?
    Of course there not in stock at the moment

https://www.bellsofsteel.com/product...ghtbox%5B%5D/0

Make Misc great again

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a similar set from titan. I like them mostly for squat. They're quite heavy, and somewhat a pain to remove and adjust. Which you'll have to do to do overhead press. I don't really trust them with axle bars or football bars. Personally I feel they take too much room inside the rack. I wish they were spring loaded, so there isn't a huge counter weight taking up room, and requiring their removal to change exercises.

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    I have a similar set from titan. I like them mostly for squat. They're quite heavy, and somewhat a pain to remove and adjust. Which you'll have to do to do overhead press. I don't really trust them with axle bars or football bars. Personally I feel they take too much room inside the rack. I wish they were spring loaded, so there isn't a huge counter weight taking up room, and requiring their removal to change exercises.
    That’s a very good point , why isn’t it a spring instead a of huge counter weight in the way? You’ve got me thinking maybe I should design my own.

For benchpress , I was thinking that it would be nice if they’d go back into place when your done your last rep.
    My idea was to was to use a foot switch that controlled linear actuators to move them .
    Just a thought
    Make Misc great again

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I have the Rogue ones and they are very helpful for benching.

I actually prefer to not use them for squatting (I just like walking squats out) so I have them one one side of the rack and I have regular J hooks on the other side, that way I never have to adjust them.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
    That’s a very good point , why isn’t it a spring instead a of huge counter weight in the way? You’ve got me thinking maybe I should design my own.

For benchpress , I was thinking that it would be nice if they’d go back into place when your done your last rep.
    My idea was to was to use a foot switch that controlled linear actuators to move them .
    Just a thought
    https://samsfitness.com.au/atx-prx-m...earch=monolift

https://mutantmetals.com/products/p/...p-roller-monos

Thanks .Liking that much more than counterbalances.
    Why’s all the good stuff in the UK and Australia

Attached Images
    Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 10-02-2021 at 02:34 PM.
    Make Misc great again

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whether it's for benching, squatting, incline press, or military press, monolift attachments are a MUST for any home gym. I'm still waiting for the day Mech gets bored and starts making them again, but for the meantime Titan gets the job done. ATX has made a compact version for a while that's spring driven, although I've heard the single pin design leaves something to be desired. It's on my list of things to check out, but I'd probably just buy Rogue for decent quality.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Whether it's for benching, squatting, incline press, or military press, monolift attachments are a MUST for any home gym. I'm still waiting for the day Mech gets bored and starts making them again, but for the meantime Titan gets the job done. ATX has made a compact version for a while that's spring driven, although I've heard the single pin design leaves something to be desired. It's on my list of things to check out, but I'd probably just buy Rogue for decent quality.
    It’s funny as I really never noticed them until about a year or so ago, or more like I wasn’t paying attention.
    But the more I look into them , I see how beneficial they could be.
    I’d really like to try them on bench press especially, as that’s where my rotators take a beating taking the bar off the C cups.
    Does mech6 incorporate anything special into the design?
    Make Misc great again

It’s funny as I really never noticed them until about a year or so ago, or more like I wasn’t paying attention.
    But the more I look into them , I see how beneficial they could be.
    I’d really like to try them on bench press especially, as that’s where my rotators take a beating taking the bar off the C cups.
    I originally got mine to use for benching, and I realized I don't like them for bench after the fact. Especially since, I was also having rotator cuff issues on/off, so I was also doing football/swiss bar bench a lot more, and I just don't trust a bar with 2" axles to sit right on the monolifts, especially during the rerack. Also, I've found doing crossover symmetry exercises before and after bench sets, relieved the majority of my shoulder issues.

For squat though, it's nice to not start until you've got your feet placed perfectly, and if you got the height set right, you can rerack just by leaning forward.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have monolift attachments for my rack. I bought them specifically to see if they'd help with shoulder pain on the bench press, because I had noticed that a lot of my pain seemed to be related to reaching behind me to un-rack. Result: They are great for that. I also was able to go up on the weight a fair amount, because I now have the bar right where I want it for the 1st rep, makes it much easier to stay tight. My teenaged son likes it for the 2d reason. He also uses it for squats but I never have, I mainly use a belt squat. I would buy it again; in fact, I wish I'd bought it sooner.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The highest quality I’ve seen on the market for mono’s.
    I use them for squats and benching. BTW , I use my AB football bar in the mono’s for benching and there’s never been an issue. Not sure why there would be but maybe there is with other hooks than Mech6 mono’s.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Originally Posted by sera310 View Post
    I have monolift attachments for my rack. I bought them specifically to see if they'd help with shoulder pain on the bench press, because I had noticed that a lot of my pain seemed to be related to reaching behind me to un-rack. Result: They are great for that. I also was able to go up on the weight a fair amount, because I now have the bar right where I want it for the 1st rep, makes it much easier to stay tight. My teenaged son likes it for the 2d reason. He also uses it for squats but I never have, I mainly use a belt squat. I would buy it again; in fact, I wish I'd bought it sooner.
    Thanks for your input guys .

The ones that fit my rack from Bells of Steel are back ordered(5/8” hole) , but I’ll buy one pair to try when there available . If they work on both squat and bench, I may buy two pairs , as I’ve got separate squat stands .

I’m just hoping the position it puts the bar away from the stand isn’t too far away to use the safeties during benching , but there 2 feet I believe ,so shouldn’t be an issue

Attached Images
    Make Misc great again

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    The highest quality I’ve seen on the market for mono’s.
    I use them for squats and benching. BTW , I use my AB football bar in the mono’s for benching and there’s never been an issue. Not sure why there would be but maybe there is with other hooks than Mech6 mono’s.
    I mean, yeah it works, but kinda sketchy on rerack, especially while loaded 20211012_174000.jpg

boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Rogue just released mono’s with revised counterweights:

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-a...ft-2-0-monster

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by boxer_for_life View Post

They went the same way as sorinex for the attachment. But why not use their own drop-in system? I still haven'f figured out why they bother with the keyholes if they can't actually make anything worthwhile that uses them.
    Apart from that it is nice looking but that re-rack angle scares the hell out of me and that front lip is way out there (and thick). Be interresting to see some reviews on the clearance.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

Originally Posted by boxer_for_life View Post

Not bad , definitely an improvement. They won’t fit my rack unfortunately

Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    I mean, yeah it works, but kinda sketchy on rerack, especially while loaded Attachment 9368793
    You know I never thought about the rerack part, and how iffy it looks . Looks a little precarious for bench press , but I guess a guy would have to try first and see how it goes

Make Misc great again

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well that's great, now I gotta drill holes in my rack LOL
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪