Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sober October

mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Kinda want to go out to watch the football games but I will be tempted to drink. Might just stay here and watch it instead.
    IBS Crew
    Misc while on toilet Crew
    Lol@tradies Crew
    Former tradie Crew
    In on 1 star thread Crew

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Went to my nephews football game. Taking them to see the new marvel movie. They serve beer, wine and candy there. I had diet soft drink and popcorn last time. Will this time too. Sobriety is awesome. I’m not saying I’ll never drink again but I cannot see myself ever going back to it. I don’t think I’ll drink myself drunk even on times of great stress. I deal with stress in other ways now. If I had to give anything it’d be caffeine and that would parent a huge challenge. I can imagine how hard alcohol is to avoid. I know personally actually. I quit drinking so many times it became a recurring gag to the people around me. Finally I been where I’m at 2 1/2 years. Before that couldn’t make it 2 weeks. It sucked. It took a rock bottom hit before I did it which I won’t go into detail about but I lost my family is all can say. Everyone has a different form of hitting rock bottom. I was fwiw a cross addict as in hard drugs (pills, *******, heroin) and alcohol. ....

I use 420 or I can anyway because I do have a card for it and go right into the store and purchase it so I’m doing nothing illegal. I am paying my parking tickets, obeying speed limits and everything.

I really didn’t want to put all that out there especially in a stickied thread where anyone can see.... was actually tempted to hit the back button to erase several times. If someone like me with an addictive personality nature can do over 2 years though there’s not a doubt in my mind a lot if you can do one month or if you fell off then do the rest of October. Do it for yourself . In the grand scheme of things it’s for your benefit. For you. You ain’t got to prove **** to any of us on the misc. People itt are here for support obviously. But end of day it’s on you of course.

Tyson Fury fight I watched too and didn’t have a single shot or beer. I appreciate the latter rounds a bit more on any fight card actually when no booze is involved. It’s amazing cause I used to think it was impossible to watch a ufc without booze. Now I watch with pizza rolls or Japanese food instead. I sip water. Maybe iced tea.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jreacher has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^ well said Deathstroke.

I might have already posted this, but rock bottom can be wherever you quit digging. I know many in this thread are just keeping things in check or taking a general break, but for us problematic drinkers, try not to wait until you lose everything to quit digging.

Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Went to my nephews football game. Taking them to see the new marvel movie. They serve beer, wine and candy there. I had diet soft drink and popcorn last time. Will this time too. Sobriety is awesome. I’m not saying I’ll never drink again but I cannot see myself ever going back to it. I don’t think I’ll drink myself drunk even on times of great stress. I deal with stress in other ways now. If I had to give anything it’d be caffeine and that would parent a huge challenge. I can imagine how hard alcohol is to avoid. I know personally actually. I quit drinking so many times it became a recurring gag to the people around me. Finally I been where I’m at 2 1/2 years. Before that couldn’t make it 2 weeks. It sucked. It took a rock bottom hit before I did it which I won’t go into detail about but I lost my family is all can say. Everyone has a different form of hitting rock bottom. I was fwiw a cross addict as in hard drugs (pills, *******, heroin) and alcohol. ....

I use 420 or I can anyway because I do have a card for it and go right into the store and purchase it so I’m doing nothing illegal. I am paying my parking tickets, obeying speed limits and everything.

I really didn’t want to put all that out there especially in a stickied thread where anyone can see.... was actually tempted to hit the back button to erase several times. If someone like me with an addictive personality nature can do over 2 years though there’s not a doubt in my mind a lot if you can do one month or if you fell off then do the rest of October. Do it for yourself . In the grand scheme of things it’s for your benefit. For you. You ain’t got to prove **** to any of us on the misc. People itt are here for support obviously. But end of day it’s on you of course.

Tyson Fury fight I watched too and didn’t have a single shot or beer. I appreciate the latter rounds a bit more on any fight card actually when no booze is involved. It’s amazing cause I used to think it was impossible to watch a ufc without booze. Now I watch with pizza rolls or Japanese food instead. I sip water. Maybe iced tea.
    Yeah man I saw that fight with beer cheese nachos at a bar, sober. Was still a great time, and it was funny seeing the clearly intoxicated customers being idiots and being over the top.

Originally Posted by jreacher View Post
    ^^ well said Deathstroke.

I might have already posted this, but rock bottom can be wherever you quit digging. I know many in this thread are just keeping things in check or taking a general break, but for us problematic drinkers, try not to wait until you lose everything to quit digging.
    Nice words. You're right a lot of people have to have terrible things happen to them to even begin to think it's time to try and work on undoing the mess. Blacking out once should be the only red flag you need to realize you've gone too far. You don't need a DUI, loss of a GF, loss of a job, kidney/liver failure, oral cancer, a belly, divorce, etc. to stop. I've blacked out a lot in my early twenties, and some in my mid twenties. Thankfully never any serious repercussions, but I've had some extremely embarassing moments, srs. I've proven to myself I can drink in moderation. But I've also proven to myself I can let it get out of control and throw away any preemptive "idea" I had for a systematic way to approach responsible drinking.

There's a friend I know who's a year or 2 older than me that was a party animal back when I met him, and is still the same guy to this day in his mid-late 20's. He is always drinking and still has black outs. He apparently got a deviated septum somehow without knowing how it even happened, so had to get surgery. Probably blacked out and fell, or got in a fight, or some chit. Still seeing him post sloppy weekend posts/pictures despite this lol.
    Last edited by Visel; 10-10-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    i7-14700k
    360mm AIO Liquid Cooler (Maingear)
    4080 SUPER Founder's Edition
    2x16GB 6000mhz DDR5 CL30
    2TB Samsung 990 Pro
    Corsair GA 850W Gold
    MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI

Everything I write is NOT financial advice.

Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is honestly the most fukcing boring thing I’ve ever attempted to do. I don’t care how busy you stay, it’s all boring lmao. I might split a bottle of vino with the gf at carabbas tonight. Rather keep drinking than ruin my month with absolute utter boredom
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 365
    Bench: 325
    OHP: 200

zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do feel more groggy today and less clear headed.

Made to the 8th, cmon rest of sober october. Let's get it.

Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Joesky20 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Meg me to oblivion boyos, we’re drinkin
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 365
    Bench: 325
    OHP: 200

Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Joesky20 View Post
    Meg me to oblivion boyos, we’re drinkin
    No negs from me, only support to reassure you can finish off the month starting with 10/11/2021 srs.

I was tempted to drink a little something at the bar last night but didn't. Imagine sitting at a bar for 3-4 hours and everyone around you is drinking, and the tap/fridge is constantly in your field of view. Glad I didn't, just ate like chit instead lol.
    i7-14700k
    2x16GB 6000mhz DDR5 CL30
    2TB Samsung 990 Pro
    Corsair GA 850W Gold
    MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI

trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trail of dead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    is this harder than no fap??? srs

Originally Posted by trail of dead View Post
    is this harder than no fap??? srs
    Lol day 1 of October I was thinking of doing nofap on top of Sober October, but ditched that idea ASAP. Need whatever legal distraction I can get lmao.
    i7-14700k
    2x16GB 6000mhz DDR5 CL30
    2TB Samsung 990 Pro
    Corsair GA 850W Gold
    MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI

Registered User RusselRestHaven's Avatar
    RusselRestHaven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusselRestHaven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusselRestHaven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusselRestHaven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusselRestHaven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusselRestHaven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusselRestHaven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusselRestHaven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusselRestHaven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusselRestHaven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RusselRestHaven is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry guys I let you down. Saturday I fought the temptation all night while with friends at restaurant. But Sunday, drove to the beach a with my friend, and she ordered a Bloody Mary and I got one too. It was a beautiful day and it was like a bar sitting right on the beach. Then the bartender made a pina colada on accident and gave it to me lol. I’m like dam is the universe trying to get to drink. After that I said fuk it and was drinking trulys on the beach.

I had fun tho and didn’t get too wasted or do anything reckless. This morning I felt like trash and didn’t go ride my bike tho. At least I didn’t just drink out of boredom in my house alone while watching tv.

GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GaryRidgway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    damn everyone fuking up in here. Other than boredom I haven't really had any issues yet.

CrazySerbian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrazySerbian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrazySerbian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrazySerbian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrazySerbian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrazySerbian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrazySerbian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrazySerbian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrazySerbian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrazySerbian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CrazySerbian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in boyos.

I need to lose weight and alcohol is not helping.
    Management Information Systems Crew
    Canadian Crew
    Serbian Crew

DrugsToGetBig has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrugsToGetBig has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrugsToGetBig has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrugsToGetBig has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrugsToGetBig has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrugsToGetBig has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrugsToGetBig has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrugsToGetBig has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrugsToGetBig has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrugsToGetBig has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrugsToGetBig has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    fuark brahs idk if ill ever drink again at this point

its easy mode now
    *Of the ugly or strange look Crew*
    *🚷 Anti-Degeneracy League 🚷*
    *To crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet — to take their horses and goods and hear the lamentation of their women Crew*
    *Pureblood Chad Crew*
    *6'1 Master Race Crew*

zedd229 is just really nice. (+1000) zedd229 is just really nice. (+1000) zedd229 is just really nice. (+1000) zedd229 is just really nice. (+1000) zedd229 is just really nice. (+1000) zedd229 is just really nice. (+1000) zedd229 is just really nice. (+1000) zedd229 is just really nice. (+1000) zedd229 is just really nice. (+1000) zedd229 is just really nice. (+1000) zedd229 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can I join you guys except I will do no binge eating for the rest of October rather than no alcohol. I have an issue with binge eating a lot of sugary foods and gaining weight quickly which hinders my gym progress and makes me feel depressed and hating my body. In the last 1.5months I started university during which I spent most of the time partying, eating like **** and skipping gym. I need to get back on track and get my **** together. From 12/10/2021 to 12/11/2021 I will not binge eat once!!! We can do it brahs, no alcohol for you and no eating like chit for me, we got this brahs!

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Finished up the weekend sober, 7 weeks and counting now.

Saturday was rough with boredom due to sh!t weather, so I drank way too much coffee. I stayed up and watched the Wilder / Fury fight which was awesome. When to the bar for lunch Sunday and had water and root beer with my food, wasn't even tempted to get an adult drink.

I didn't weigh in the weekend, but my midsection is looking much leaner
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrjolly2323 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just a random thought I had. For a long time I've been telling myself I wish I could have 1 or 2 drinks occasionally like normal people, but then I remembered that isn't fun for me. If I'mnot having at least 10 drinks then I don't want any srs. Looks like no alcohol ever is the only way for me now.
    IBS Crew
    Misc while on toilet Crew
    Lol@tradies Crew
    Former tradie Crew
    In on 1 star thread Crew

Originally Posted by DrugsToGetBig View Post
    fuark brahs idk if ill ever drink again at this point

its easy mode now
    Last time I went on no alcohol I made it 45 days. I remember by the 14th day I felt like it wasn't even a consideration anymore. You know how you have those days where you're like "hmm should I drink? I could drink," and then you pretty much just do it? Day 14+ it wasn't even a thought sifting through the mind. My intent in fact was to only quit for about 30 days, and later I figured "why not the rest of my life?" but then I got invited with some friends to a bar, perhaps also got influenced from movies/media, and then for a few weeks I commited to a "system" of drinking no more than once a week. And I kept it up until it became 2 days a week on weekends, and then I found myself back into the same habits I initially quit for and drank 3-5 times a week regardless of work days. Hangovers on a work day are the primary reason I wanted to quit.

Originally Posted by mrjolly2323 View Post
    Just a random thought I had. For a long time I've been telling myself I wish I could have 1 or 2 drinks occasionally like normal people, but then I remembered that isn't fun for me. If I'mnot having at least 10 drinks then I don't want any srs. Looks like no alcohol ever is the only way for me now.
    It's tricky Jolly. The thing about drinking is, I can find 3-4 shots of rum sufficient, but only for short time periods. If I'm gonna be somewhere that has alcohol for several hours or longer, I'm likely gonna want more than my limit by the end of that time frame. Same can go for at home, I might have a couple of drinks for a video game or movie, and then I find myself playing the game longer than I expect, or watching more movies/TV, and might as well drink more since I'm sobering out by the end of the session. Before I know it, it's potentially a drinking all day kinda thing. This is why day drinking sucks, it rarely stops at the afternoon, and likely continues into the evening and night, and before you know it you're 1k+ Calories deep.

Sober mrjolly2323 might commit to 3 drinks for the night. But 3-drinks-deep mrjolly2323 might rationalize it and justify it and go for 6.
    Last edited by Visel; 10-12-2021 at 07:18 AM.
    i7-14700k
    2x16GB 6000mhz DDR5 CL30
    2TB Samsung 990 Pro
    Corsair GA 850W Gold
    MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI

ibedanny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ibedanny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ibedanny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ibedanny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ibedanny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ibedanny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ibedanny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ibedanny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ibedanny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ibedanny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ibedanny has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just saw the thread 12 days late. I'm in.
    *MFC*

Eat with moderation and variety.

CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Day 12 boyos.

Getting easier, although I've had a few days where I've wanted some tequila pretty bad.

Best part of no drinking is how good you feel in the morning. No chugging water/headache.

Were all gonna make it. Almost half through October

Bluestar92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bluestar92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bluestar92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bluestar92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bluestar92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bluestar92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bluestar92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bluestar92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bluestar92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bluestar92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bluestar92 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    12 days in and also started taking my multi, NAC, fish oil, D3, zinc, vitamin C, magnesium and eating way healthier and felt fantastic until Sunday when I came down with a bad cold/flu. Legit have only been sick once (covid) in years. Wtf

John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) John$Galt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mrjolly2323 View Post
    Most of us ITT are that way. You need to keep reminding yourself of it.

Just yesterday I was walking my dog in the woods and I was confused that I was getting alcohol cravings for the first time in a while (been sober since July). I realized it's because it's fall weather out, and I used to love having a few bourbons outside just enjoying the foliage. Where I was walking, last year I had a great day with my flask sitting on a hay bale whittling, and that memory gave me a craving for bourbon.

I said out loud to myself, "Hey idiot, these cravings are useless. You learned as a 100% fact that you simply can't drink. You can never just have a couple drinks now and then. If you just drink one day, the battle is back on of trying not to drink so much, and it inevitably leads back to drinking daily. Life is way better and easier now, that 20 minute high after your first liquor isn't worth ruining your life over." Something like that.

Point is, cravings will still hit for different reasons even if you've been sober for a while.

Wondering from long-term sober brahs here, like many years sober, if you still get alcohol cravings or if they're completely gone now?

Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To everyone that's still in it Das it! GJDM!

To everyone who's fallen off the wagon, hop back on and get back to it!
    ~ In a world where you can be anything, be kind ~

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    still hangin tough like the new kids, but it's gonna be tough the next few weeks. overwhelmed with work and I've also got a few business trips coming up. Traveling as always been a free for all. Flying out in the morning and making connection all day? Fuk it, hit a bar at every stop. New city for a night or two? let's hit the local taverns and get hammered with the locals...

gonna be my biggest challenge yet

Originally Posted by John$Galt View Post
    Wondering from long-term sober brahs here, like many years sober, if you still get alcohol cravings or if they're completely gone now?
    definitely not long term, not quite 2 months sober, but any time I get cravings are usually do something where I used to enjoy a drink....

going out for lunch, watching the fight, bourbon right before bed etc etc

it was the same when I quit smoking years ago. I didn't get the craving after X amount of time like "oh fuk , i need to smoke" it was at certain times, like with coffee in the morning, or after eating.

You get set in these little rituals and that's harder to break than the actual dependency.
    PRs: Back Squat- 410x1 / Front Squat- 320x1/ Bench- 325x1 / Deadlift- 505x1

Woody's Quest for the Seven (journal):
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177649631

headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) headturner1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Inn..

Almost halfway there lads!!

TTV6 is just really nice. (+1000) TTV6 is just really nice. (+1000) TTV6 is just really nice. (+1000) TTV6 is just really nice. (+1000) TTV6 is just really nice. (+1000) TTV6 is just really nice. (+1000) TTV6 is just really nice. (+1000) TTV6 is just really nice. (+1000) TTV6 is just really nice. (+1000) TTV6 is just really nice. (+1000) TTV6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fell off the bandwagon, boyos. I was doing well and then on Monday I had a bourbon (just one). Then one on Wednesday. Then last night two G&Ts and suddenly found myself off my diet (keto) and eating junk. Also broke my four week long nofap streak. Went to bed late, didn't sleep well, woke up exhausted and dehydrated. Now I have to struggle through today but at least this is a reminder why I decided to stop drinking a few weeks ago. I'm climbing back onto this wagon and trying again.

Originally Posted by TTV6 View Post
    Fell off the bandwagon, boyos. I was doing well and then on Monday I had a bourbon (just one). Then one on Wednesday. Then last night two G&Ts and suddenly found myself off my diet (keto) and eating junk. Also broke my four week long nofap streak. Went to bed late, didn't sleep well, woke up exhausted and dehydrated. Now I have to struggle through today but at least this is a reminder why I decided to stop drinking a few weeks ago. I'm climbing back onto this wagon and trying again.
    I wouldn't say I've had close calls. But I've had some moments of contemplation. Basically asking myself if I really wanna do this. To be honest as dumb as it sounds I was hoping JRE was gonna do Sober October this year, so his podcast would be a little bit of an extra motivator, but when I heard the Bert Kreischer podcast and he started going ham a couple days before October, got drunk and said he's not doing Sober October, got pretty disappointed lol.

The hardest moment so far was being at a bar for 4-5 hours during the Wilder vs Fury fight. Ate food and drank diet coke, leaving with a $26 bill, as opposed to one that was north of $100 for drinking all day.

You're already doing what everyone here would suggest, hopping back on the wagon. So props.

Random tip: Sometimes when I think about alcohol, I like to lookup cirrhosis lol.
    i7-14700k
    2x16GB 6000mhz DDR5 CL30
    2TB Samsung 990 Pro
    Corsair GA 850W Gold
    MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

In afraid to drink because I’ve been dry for what seems so long now. Yeah be 3 years in April I believe but I don’t always keep count of how many months in I am. Shrugs.

I’m afraid to drink right now. However I don’t rule out any alcohol in future I simply cannot see myself going back to it. I can guarantee for sure though that it would never ever be by myself. No way because while I guess it works for some people but for me it makes me feel like a sad sap. I’d rather have a drink with people. Not alone. Cue George Thorogood. I’d have a beer with stone cold Steve Austin and pick his brain and hear some stories from the rattlesnake himself. But since thats opportunity is not likely to come my way I cannot see myself ever going back to it anytime soon.

Good luck all.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) tripod29 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keep going strong boyos. You all are doing great. Vry srs.

Fun thought, for those who fell off the wagon, you may not be 31/31 for the month, but you can still get a good grade. Aim for an A (28/31 or better), or B (25/31 or better).
    i7-14700k
    2x16GB 6000mhz DDR5 CL30
    2TB Samsung 990 Pro
    Corsair GA 850W Gold
    MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI