Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Question This Deadlift article I found

https://nattyornot.com/why-deadlifti...s-never-do-it/

Interesting theory but it doesn’t make sense to me. The posterior chain is always going to outpace the strength of a double overhand grip outside of rank novices. Deadlifting 405 for 5 with straps is going to stimulate more growth in the posterior chain than deadlifting 325 for 5 double overhand without straps.

What do you guys think about this article?
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I disagree with pretty much all of it.

Just think about why a double overhand grip is harder than a mixed grip. Double overhand the bar will tend to roll out of your hands as you are not applying pressure directly vertically onto the bar with your fingers. By the nature of the bar being round you're going to apply pressure along the surface which will cause it to roll downwards. The mixed grip eliminates this as each hand is applying force in opposite directions. That doesn't make it cheating. If that was cheating, then chalk should be cheating. Or using a bar with better knurling should be cheating. Or a thinner diameter.

With a mixed grip if one side of the bar is higher than the other that doesn't mean anything. We're not talking like 10" higher, it's going to be a few millimeters at most.

Regarding a torn bicep, how many natural lifters who use sensible technique tear a bicep while deadlifting? It's not common.

Anybody who feels straps are bad due to poor grip development can simply do additional grip work without straps. This is not rocket science.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's more of an op-ed than an article. He's welcome to his opinion.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think the main fault is assuming a barbell deadlift is a "natural" movement in itself. When do you lift an increasing, perfectly balanced weight from the same height every time in nature?
    #sunyourballs
    Unvaxed sperm is the next Bitcoin
    ⒻⓊⒸⓀ ⒷⒾⒹⒺⓃ

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jamalfudge View Post
    I think the main fault is assuming a barbell deadlift is a "natural" movement in itself. When do you lift an increasing, perfectly balanced weight from the same height every time in nature?
    Lol this

But yeah that article is definitely like, his opinion, man….

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    I disagree with pretty much all of it.

Just think about why a double overhand grip is harder than a mixed grip. Double overhand the bar will tend to roll out of your hands as you are not applying pressure directly vertically onto the bar with your fingers. By the nature of the bar being round you're going to apply pressure along the surface which will cause it to roll downwards. The mixed grip eliminates this as each hand is applying force in opposite directions. That doesn't make it cheating. If that was cheating, then chalk should be cheating. Or using a bar with better knurling should be cheating. Or a thinner diameter.

With a mixed grip if one side of the bar is higher than the other that doesn't mean anything. We're not talking like 10" higher, it's going to be a few millimeters at most.

Regarding a torn bicep, how many natural lifters who use sensible technique tear a bicep while deadlifting? It's not common.

Anybody who feels straps are bad due to poor grip development can simply do additional grip work without straps. This is not rocket science.
    We share a similar opinion.

Re: the bold. The bicep tear thing is why I stopped using mixed grip a while ago. It’s supposed to be uncommon for natural lifters, but it would be such a nightmare if it did happen that I’d rather use straps and be called a pussy for it.

Hook grip never worked for me. My thumbs are too small and my job requires thumb sensitivity so killing the nerves there isn’t a viable option
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jamalfudge View Post
    Hell of a lot more "natural" than a machine.

And I don't agree with the article claiming that it's double-overhand or nothing. I prefer a mixed grip and have used it exclusively for years without any visible asymmetry. I have pulled five plates without chalk or straps this way, and am convinced it does take a lot of grip strength to do that, which straps will stifle.

However, it's not like they're "fake" or anything. I haven't had an injury not using them, but it doesn't mean that it can't happen. Someone who is concerned about it and uses them sensibly out of precaution when pulling heavy shouldn't be shamed for it. I'm always going to find raw double overhand the most impressive, then mixed, then with straps, though.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Hell of a lot more "natural" than a machine.

And I don't agree with the article claiming that it's double-overhand or nothing. I prefer a mixed grip and have used it exclusively for years without any visible asymmetry. I have pulled five plates without chalk or straps this way, and am convinced it does take a lot of grip strength to do that, which straps will stifle.

However, it's not like they're "fake" or anything. I haven't had an injury not using them, but it doesn't mean that it can't happen. Someone who is concerned about it and uses them sensibly out of precaution when pulling heavy shouldn't be shamed for it. I'm always going to find raw double overhand the most impressive, then mixed, then with straps, though.
    How much more weight does mixed grip add in your experience?
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    How much more weight does mixed grip add in your experience?
    I can't say for sure, and would actually be inclined to believe that if I made it a personal rule only to use double-overhand, I could pull a lot more than I can with it right now, possibly close to the same amount. I know guys who rep 4 double overhand without straps. Strap advocates will tell you that's not realistic.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lot of cope from a poster who probably can't hook grip by their explanation, possibly pulled a bicep yanking a mixed and won't use straps lol.

All are fine.

If you want to train grip train it, it will never outpace your entire posterior chain unless that's severely lagging.

And no powerlifter with half a brain is limiting their total to feel "manly" pulling double over and dropping the bar lol.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Lot of cope from a poster who probably can't hook grip by their explanation, possibly pulled a bicep yanking a mixed and won't use straps lol.

All are fine.

If you want to train grip train it, it will never outpace your entire posterior chain unless that's severely lagging.

And no powerlifter with half a brain is limiting their total to feel "manly" pulling double over and dropping the bar lol.
    The writer is concerned about functional strength... whatever the hell he means by that.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    The writer is concerned about functional strength... whatever the hell he means by that.
    Whoever made that term up needs to be dug up and punched in the face.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton