AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Why do people write stupid articles? (CICO doesn’t work… lol)

This grinds my gears… I was suggested this article on Google, titled
    “Researchers Suggest It’s What You Eat, Not How Much, That Leads to Weight Loss”

https://www.verywellfit.com/what-you...n-most-5201976

And in the article, they literally say that hormonal changes will lead people to overeat, which causes fat gain.

So in other words… CICO.. and yeah, it’s over consumption of calories.

This is so fukking infuriating to me for some reason… like the title itself is literally contradicted by the authors within a few sentences…

How exactly does this stuff keep getting published and passed the editorial process? Baffles me….
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You have Ludwig and his camp that all go with the carbohydrate-insulin model of obesity, then you have Hall and his camp that says it isn't true (or at least not true enough to account for everything), and then you get technical arguments both ways and common sense loses out.

In that article multiple concepts are conflated; it says it's not all about energy but then the issue with foods that increase insulin is that we end up getting hungrier and eat more. Thus, it is indeed all about energy.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    You have Ludwig and his camp that all go with the carbohydrate-insulin model of obesity, then you have Hall and his camp that says it isn't true (or at least not true enough to account for everything), and then you get technical arguments both ways and common sense loses out.

In that article multiple concepts are conflated; it says it's not all about energy but then the issue with foods that increase insulin is that we end up getting hungrier and eat more. Thus, it is indeed all about energy.
    Yup, precisely my point/thought…

I just don’t understand how they can write those words down and not see how self-contradictory it is…

It’s like saying over-spending isn’t the cause of debt, it’s about what you spend money on… lol
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    EXACTLY, both of you - makes it hard to explain things to the n00bs about science - when 'they' publish stuff that conflicts with things like biology, chemistry, oh ya - and THERMODYNAMICS....

almost comical - if it weren't infuriating!

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I just don’t understand how they can write those words down and not see how self-contradictory it is…

It’s like saying over-spending isn’t the cause of debt, it’s about what you spend money on… lol
    Clickbait. It's all about the catchy headlines, bro. Even "reputable" (LOL) news sites like CNN have articles with headlines that are just outright disingenuous. They get revenue off of clicks, not reads. This clicks over everything mentality is why the internet helped kill any last modicum of journalistic integrity in the last decade.

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Clickbait. It's all about the catchy headlines, bro. Even "reputable" (LOL) news sites like CNN have articles with headlines that are just outright disingenuous. They get revenue off of clicks, not reads. This clicks over everything mentality is why the internet helped kill any last modicum of journalistic integrity in the last decade.
    so disgustingly, completely true. ugh the bulls41t

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Short answer: people are idiots.

Its funny when people say stuff like “mankind is capable of so much” and “man is at the top of the food chain” etc. You ever wonder why a few inventors over the course of thousands of years are famous, like Alexander Graham Bell, Ben Franklin, Elan Musk, etc? Because the other hundreds of billions or trillions of humans that have lived since the beginning of history can barely tie their shoes. I see some of these News stories about the dangers of the latest scam, and its always a scam that only a complete imbecile would fall for, and then they proceed to interview the said imbeciles who called the news station about it.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Short answer: people are idiots.

Its funny when people say stuff like “mankind is capable of so much” and “man is at the top of the food chain” etc. You ever wonder why a few inventors over the course of thousands of years are famous, like Alexander Graham Bell, Ben Franklin, Elan Musk, etc? Because the other hundreds of billions or trillions of humans that have lived since the beginning of history can barely tie their shoes. I see some of these News stories about the dangers of the latest scam, and its always a scam that only a complete imbecile would fall for, and then they proceed to interview the said imbeciles who called the news station about it.
    hey man, might wanna correct the spelling of Elon's first name if you're gonna say people are idiots and fix the grammatical errors in the last sentence for the idiots to understand better when they read it

otherwise it's perfect!

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This grinds my gears… I was suggested this article on Google, titled
    “Researchers Suggest It’s What You Eat, Not How Much, That Leads to Weight Loss”

https://www.verywellfit.com/what-you...n-most-5201976

And in the article, they literally say that hormonal changes will lead people to overeat, which causes fat gain.

So in other words… CICO.. and yeah, it’s over consumption of calories.

This is so fukking infuriating to me for some reason… like the title itself is literally contradicted by the authors within a few sentences…

How exactly does this stuff keep getting published and passed the editorial process? Baffles me….
    do some freelance writing, enlighten these barbarians

Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    do some freelance writing, enlighten these barbarians
    I could never get any attention... I wouldn't be able to lie like that with a straight face.

When it comes to nutrition, the truth doesn't sell

I could never get any attention... I wouldn't be able to lie like that with a straight face.

When it comes to nutrition, the truth doesn't sell
    truth or facts?

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    hey man, might wanna correct the spelling of Elon's first name if you're gonna say people are idiots and fix the grammatical errors in the last sentence for the idiots to understand better when they read it

otherwise it's perfect!
    meh,people know exactly who i mean. Communication is about understanding. And just because my German, Spanish, and Japanese aren’t fluent, I can still make myself understood in 90% of the real world situations in those countries. And I was done worrying about my grammar after I got my degree(a lot of writing for an english minor). Grammar nazis are usually people with something to prove after finally learning 1 or 2 rules they didn’t know before.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    meh,people know exactly who i mean. Communication is about understanding. And just because my German, Spanish, and Japanese aren’t fluent, I can still make myself understood in 90% of the real world situations in those countries. And I was done worrying about my grammar after I got my degree(a lot of writing for an english minor). Grammar nazis are usually people with something to prove after finally learning 1 or 2 rules they didn’t know before.
    i just don't want stupid people calling themselves idiots if they notice

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yep, these articles are all over the place. It seems with nutrition the myths are in some cases so old, they almost become the "truth". And it's difficult to convince people otherwise when they can do a quick Google search and uncover dozens of articles saying the opposite to what you tell them.

I've had people tell me carbs will make me fat, fat will make me fat, even zero calorie diet soda will make me fat lol. Fortunately I have first hand experience that eating less = losing weight, eating more = gaining weight.

Thank God for smart phones and apps though - prior to that I wouldn't have had the patience to record calories and macros via pen and paper, and this has been the key to me gaining and losing weight at will.

As to why people keep writing these articles? I suspect click bait and lazy journalism. In the mainstream news it's not uncommon for something to be reported on in an inaccurate fashion, and for that information to almost be "copy and pasted" across multiple channels and sources.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    Fortunately I have first hand experience that eating less = losing weight, eating more = gaining weight.
    bUt ThIs Is PuReLy AnEcDoTaL

u know, hormoonz n stuff................................

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    bUt ThIs Is PuReLy AnEcDoTaL

u know, hormoonz n stuff................................
    Well yes, but as long as I know it works for me, everyone else can be fat for all I care, lol

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The real answer is probably that most sites that hosts articles (even major news sites) are losing traffic in a big way and can only stay afloat by soliciting freelancers. A lot of unvetted crap can slip by.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Because it can sell stuff/get clicks. As long as there is money to be made through weight loss gimmicks, snake oil will be sold

No one wants to do hard work with simple rules. They rather believe in a magic pill, diet or workout
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Because it can sell stuff/get clicks. As long as there is money to be made through weight loss gimmicks, snake oil will be sold

No one wants to do hard work with simple rules. They rather believe in a magic pill, diet or workout
    ya - since 5 out of every 6 n00b post is asking some form of how do i do it without putting in the long term work - or i say im doing it right, but not getting results - ya - guess those articles are 'for' them

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a communal understanding amongst professionals in any given field to make simple concepts as complicated and confusing as possible to generate a need to continually consult people in those industries for advice.

Like how lawyers make statutes, documents, etc. so complicated that you need lawyers to explain them to you. And why the final highlighted takeaway of the linked article is to always talk to a healthcare professional before changing your eating plan.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    There's a communal understanding amongst professionals in any given field to make simple concepts as complicated and confusing as possible to generate a need to continually consult people in those industries for advice.

Like how lawyers make statutes, documents, etc. so complicated that you need lawyers to explain them to you. And why the final highlighted takeaway of the linked article is to always talk to a healthcare professional before changing your eating plan.
    The superfluous bureaucracies expand for the sake of safeguarding their expansion. It's sad that most of the real work in society is done by computers and machines so that having a mostly employed population usually entails a lot of nearly pointless jobs, and many industries' survival depends on propagating the precarious sustainability of something inherently not needed or barely wanted. Seems that this results in a lot less fulfillment and vigor in life overall with this scenario.
    Bench: 340
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stupidity dressed up as academia has been around long before the internet; it's just easier to spread the garbage now.

My senior year in college, we were allowed to sit it on interviews for a new biomechanics professor. Each one of the candidates had to present research that had published at that point. I wasn't an expert on research but I knew enough to pick out a flawed study... Lord Almighty, four out of five of these "studies" were ridiculous and they were friggin' published! Anyone who had taken a basic research methods class could see how bad they were. I was a teacher's assistant for the department head at the time and I asked him how such terrible research could be published. His response:

"Those journals need research in them to sell copies."
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that youre a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins