Thread: back and bis

oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

back and bis

I did a back and biceps workout today and wanted some feedback on the type of exercises I have done

Back

Dumbbell row left and right side

8 reps 20Kg
    8 reps 22Kg
    on the 3rd set I did 8 reps with 24Kg on my right side and 4 reps on left side then dropped down to 22Kg for the other 4 reps

Seated row

8 reps 52Kg
    7 reps 52Kg
    7 reps 52Kg

Lat Pull down

7 reps 45Kg
    6 reps 45Kg
    4 reps 45Kg then2 more reps at 39Kg

Close grip Pull Down

7 reps 45Kg

I would normally do three sets but felt a slight pain in my left arm so stopped

Bis

Tripple 7 15Kg

7 reps from bottom to half way
    7 reps from half way to top
    7 reps from bottom to top

7 reps from bottom to half way
    7 reps from half way to top
    7 reps from bottom to top

then one more set but had to drop to 10Kg

Is there anything you would change or add/ do differently

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're pacing yourself with the intensity and performing the exercises with proficient form then that doesn't look like that bad of a workout to jump into. At the end of the day It's mostly a matter of if you're able to progress, and safely all in between. If I'm going serious with multiple exercises for direct muscle development, then I make sure I've spent a good amount of time practicing the front running exercises from the ground up to have well rounded strength in the movement. Otherwise I think it's fine to give them casual practice too, but their prime involvement and development can be limited.

There is not much rhomboid/teres major work going on, but there's time to do that later, and seated cable rows provide decent back strength. You'd mainly get that kind of work doing stability compounds like barbell rows while also getting in a good amount of pulling exercises done with the shoulders.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    If you're pacing yourself with the intensity and performing the exercises with proficient form then that doesn't look like that bad of a workout to jump into. At the end of the day It's mostly a matter of if you're able to progress, and safely all in between. If I'm going serious with multiple exercises for direct muscle development, then I make sure I've spent a good amount of time practicing the front running exercises from the ground up to have well rounded strength in the movement. Otherwise I think it's fine to give them casual practice too, but their prime involvement and development can be limited.

There is not much rhomboid/teres major work going on, but there's time to do that later, and seated cable rows provide decent back strength. You'd mainly get that kind of work doing stability compounds like barbell rows while also getting in a good amount of pulling exercises done with the shoulders.
    Appreciate that buddy

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    21s are a fun way to cap off a back/upper body workout. Might do some tomorrow after my leg workout.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton