JuicerSeducer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to balance between Losing fat and not looking too skinny?

I'm 25 M , and my height is 167cm (5'6). I'm trying to lose 5-6 kilograms (11-13 pounds) to reach my ideal weight for my height. I'm not obese but my body isn't the skinny shredded type so I need to lose some fat.

How can I lose fat and weight without looking too skinny, I'm not that tall so I don't wanna look skinny 65 kilograms and 5'6. Most people recommend me stuff like HIIT and super sets, is this the way to go or should I try to get into bodybuilding and this will take care of my fat loss as well?

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't lose muscle during the cut.
    Bulk when you start getting thin.

Lots of good exercises.
    Work every muscle and don't lose more than 1% body weight per week, 0.5% if you are getting close to lean.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I said this in another post a couple days ago. A lot of people think you can just diet yourself down to a nice physique in 1 shot, but if you don't have any history of strength training/athletics, etc then this isn't a very realistic scenario.

When losing fat its best to emphasize strength training so that your body will prioritize fat loss over just "weight loss", otherwise you'll just turn into a smaller version of your current self (smaller, yet with high bodyfat).

But the bottom line is that if you want to be leaner and at the same time not small and skinny you'll be best served by doing multiple fat loss and muscle building phases (i.e. cutting and bulking), which takes multiple years to accomplish. And yes, that means possibly dealing with getting small/skinny on your first few fat loss phases until you have enough muscle built up to counter that problem.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    a wise man once said:

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    I said this in another post a couple days ago. A lot of people think you can just diet yourself down to a nice physique in 1 shot, but if you don't have any history of strength training/athletics, etc then this isn't a very realistic scenario.

When losing fat its best to emphasize strength training so that your body will prioritize fat loss over just "weight loss", otherwise you'll just turn into a smaller version of your current self (smaller, yet with high bodyfat).

But the bottom line is that if you want to be leaner and at the same time not small and skinny you'll be best served by doing multiple fat loss and muscle building phases (i.e. cutting and bulking), which takes multiple years to accomplish. And yes, that means possibly dealing with getting small/skinny on your first few fat loss phases until you have enough muscle built up to counter that problem.
    New Year Fat Loss thread --> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180906143&p=1652695513#post1652695513

start: 248.6 (3/10/21) | bf ~50.0% (9/3/21)
    current: 182.2 (1/13/22) | bf 28.6% (1/13/22)
    new year cut goal: ~165-170lbs & bf~21-22%
    ^^^^^^same as long term goal^^^^^^

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JuicerSeducer View Post
    I'm 25 M , and my height is 167cm (5'6). I'm trying to lose 5-6 kilograms (11-13 pounds) to reach my ideal weight for my height. I'm not obese but my body isn't the skinny shredded type so I need to lose some fat.

How can I lose fat and weight without looking too skinny, I'm not that tall so I don't wanna look skinny 65 kilograms and 5'6. Most people recommend me stuff like HIIT and super sets, is this the way to go or should I try to get into bodybuilding and this will take care of my fat loss as well?
    post a pic of yourself. There’s a good chance you need to gain muscle and not lose fat
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    post a pic of yourself. There’s a good chance you need to gain muscle and not lose fat
    I can't, it says I need to have more than 50 posts to do so.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I can't, it says I need to have more than 50 posts to do so.
    Upload pictures to your bodyspace.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Upload pictures to your bodyspace.
    Done

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd run a slight calorie deficit and get on a good beginner weight lifting program like Starting Strength or Force 5. The goal is to maintain the muscle you have while losing some fat. Fatloss with no weight training and you'll just look like a smaller version of yourself as without weight training while dieting you will usually lose about the same about of muscle as fat in many cases

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    I'd run a slight calorie deficit and get on a good beginner weight lifting program like Starting Strength or Force 5. The goal is to maintain the muscle you have while losing some fat. Fatloss with no weight training and you'll just look like a smaller version of yourself as without weight training while dieting you will usually lose about the same about of muscle as fat in many cases
    correcting for OP: tommy meant Fierce 5

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    correcting for OP: tommy meant Fierce 5
    Gotta love Siri!

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Most people recommend me stuff like HIIT and super sets, is this the way to go or should I try to get into bodybuilding and this will take care of my fat loss as well?

You jumbled 3 different concepts together there.

Fat loss is a segment of body building. You can stop and maintain whenever you want.

Exercise is a part of fat loss and body building. HIIT is good and just means you mix high intensity in with the low intensity so both muscle fiber types get worked.

As for super sets, follow the tried and true programs suggested, if you can.

As for body building, you will want to bulk again later. Cycling with cuts is proven faster than trying to recomposition in a straight line at maintenance calories.