enoonami is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Work out suggestions for Tonal machine and diet?

Hi. I'm 42, 270 pounds, and I've fluctuated between 220 and 300 for the last 15 years. I hired a personal trainer in 2019 and I got down from 300 to 265 where I seemed to hit a plateau. I dropped another 10 pounds so my low has been 255 then suddenly over the last three weeks I went from 260 to 270. I can carry 250 just fine but when I get to 270 I look "fat". However, ideally, I'd like to get down to 200 or 220 with muscle.

My trainer was in disbelief because I put in a ton of work and wasn't getting any results. Finally got my T and E levels checked out. E was 80 (normal is 6-8) T was 290. Finally found a doctor who cares and I'm at 1200 T and 8 E right now. Everything else is pretty good as far as blood work. Cholesterol is just above normal but that's about it. You wouldn't think it, looking at a guy with my body type. Hell, I'm surprised my blood sugar is perfect.

I also take B-12 with lipo shots twice a week . I take probiotics daily and also whey protein from Sprouts as far as supplements. I'm also in the habit of downing bottles of vegetable juice from Sprouts which says "Cucumber, Kale, Spinach, Lemon" etc. and doesn't seem to be high in sugar.

So I have a couple of questions I hope you don't mind me asking.

1. Does anyone have a Tonal work out machine? If so, could you recommend a couple of programs that I should do to achieve my goals of losing weight and building muscle? I just started with the full body beginners course but I don't think full body is good to do every day. I really need to find good series of programs to alternate. I prefer HIT for cardio so I try not to take breaks and keep my heart rate elevated.

2. Does anyone have any suggestions for diet?
    I was eating a strict diet: 6 oz chicken, 1/4 cup of wild rice, 1 can of green beans about 2-4 times a day. That got boring QUICKLY! I've been counting calories but the thing is, I don't seem to lose weight unless I eat less than 1000 calories per day... and well, my coke dealer has been running low lately (joking).

It's funny, I can bench about 200. I know that's not impressive to body builders, but for an overweight 42 year old without muscle definition, I think it's shows that I'm naturally strong. I've been doing a lot of rows, squats (goblet, single arm, etc.). I'm just getting back into it but I think I can be much more efficient if I ditched the "beginner" full body program and found a couple of solid programs to work out with 5 days a week alternating muscle groups.

Any advice you guys have is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by enoonami; 09-24-2021 at 05:30 PM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Post the full body workout. Perhaps it could be split in half - then you should be able to do it every day.

For diet, we don't have fixed diet plans. Anything that fits your total macro needs while generally avoiding ultra processed foods will be fine. Read the sticky threads in the Nutrition forum. You will probably have to sustain a diet of no more than 2000 calories a day, maybe a tad less. You should be able to lose more than 1-2lb a week safely at your current weight.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A 270 lb man who can bench 200 lbs isn’t as “naturally strong” as you seem to think, if that helps you decide what type of program you should be doing.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Your diet may have had essentially no fat which could have led to low testosterone.