Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Plant based diet help

Hi

I'm going to try a plant based diet for a while for no other reason than just to see how I feel on it.

Is anyone else doing this and give me a sample of what you eat on a daily basis? I'm ok with getting my fill of carbs doing plant based but I am struggling to see how to get enough protein in?

Any help appreciated.

CellyTech has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CellyTech has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CellyTech has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CellyTech has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CellyTech has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CellyTech has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CellyTech has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CellyTech has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CellyTech has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CellyTech has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CellyTech has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Eat meat

TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheWogmeister will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why even bother? 😱

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You have to consider that it is easier to meet all your nutritional needs with a mixed diet. I haven't done it myself but if I did I would spend some time with a macro and micro counting app to make sure I was getting everything I needed.

Just off the top of my head, some things that might be hard to get:
    - protein
    - iron
    - B vitamins
    - creatine
    - calcium

Remember that if you still eat processed crap, you are just as likely to be unhealthy and fat as anyone on a mixed diet.

Vegetable sourced protein is not as complete as whey or other animal based proteins so you have to compensate by getting a greater variety and generally eating more in total.

Also, your gut may take some time to adjust to unaccustomed foods - things like lentils, other pulses, beans etc.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    inb4 that anonymous troll guy starts rambling about plant based slop

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    inb4 that anonymous troll guy starts rambling about plant based slop
    I think he's gone.
    Bench: 340
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are so many plant-based foods that you can get protein easily without drastically changing the type of food you eat if you don't like beans, tofu, etc. .... plant-based protein powder, protein bars, burgers, sausages, nuggets, pseudo fish and fish products, protein pasta, etc.

Don't see why you'd want to eat a strictly plant-based diet if you have no particular reason to do so.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    There are so many plant-based foods that you can get protein easily without drastically changing the type of food you eat if you don't like beans, tofu, etc. .... plant-based protein powder, protein bars, burgers, sausages, nuggets, pseudo fish and fish products, protein pasta, etc.

Don't see why you'd want to eat a strictly plant-based diet if you have no particular reason to do so.
    I just want to see if it does what a lot of reports/tv suggest it does, make you feel better, more energised etc. Can't be so bad if elite sports people are swapping to it! Even Arnie does it now. Though I'd give it a go for a week or so and see how I get on

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I think he's gone.
    Wasn’t that an angry version of the PB guy?

Anyways, for protein, everything has protein. So just add it up. Even PB has protein. Lentils, beans, quinoa, tofu, etc. Plus so many plant based substitutes nowadays like impossible burgers etc its pretty much impossible not to get enough protein unless you just really like salads.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Elite sports people with elite genetics and access to the best training who may or may not be telling the truth?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheWogmeister View Post
    I just want to see if it does what a lot of reports/tv suggest it does, make you feel better, more energised etc. Can't be so bad if elite sports people are swapping to it! Even Arnie does it now. Though I'd give it a go for a week or so and see how I get on
    Maybe you'll look like a 70 year old Arnold by the end of the week.

Not everything has to be done in extremes, and diet wise, a balanced diet adjusted for your preferred level of moderation usually is the most logical unless you have specific health or ethical reasons to go full veggie.

Gingers are human too HannoCometh's Avatar
    HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000) HannoCometh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Elite sports people with elite genetics and access to the best training who may or may not be telling the truth?

Not telling the truth lol pahahahahahahahahaha
    Battlefield 8 fan
    Betelgeuse is coming Crew
    Gliese 710 Crew
    "Phytoandrogens are a thing, apparently..."
    -Comments attributed to HannoCometh (2021)
    •|PHYTOANDROGENS (discovered by Misc around March '21)|•
    ••||02/22/22 - Acquired The Moncler Space Company, former subsidiary of Moncler S.p.A ded fkn srs
    ••||02/24/22 - Honorary Director for life (USFS and USDOI Bureau of Land Management)
    Aspiring Sasquatch Crew
    Anti-soya Crew
    Active service, War on Soya [2021-ongoing]

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi

I'm going to try a plant based diet for a while for no other reason than just to see how I feel on it.

Is anyone else doing this and give me a sample of what you eat on a daily basis? I'm ok with getting my fill of carbs doing plant based but I am struggling to see how to get enough protein in?

Any help appreciated.
    When I was vegan, I typical day of eating would look something like:

Meal 1:
    Oatmeal mixed with Protein Powder, topped with PB and banana/buerries

Meal 2:
    Tofu or Tempeh in a tortilla with veggies, a piece of fruit on the side

Snack:
    Vegan Protein Bar, a piece of fruit, and a bowl of cereal

Meal 3:
    Lentils Pasta w/Marinara Sauce, Veggies, Nutritional Yeast, etc.

Dessert:
    Dark chocolate or a bowl of cereal
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Hi AdamWW, thanks for the sensible answer!

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi AdamWW, thanks for the sensible answer!
    Sure thing

Keep in mind it varied day to day... but those were some of my staples.

I didn't have a lot of beans due to them making me terribly gassy, bit tofu/tempeh/seitan I had basically daily, along with the protein powder etc.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So for vegan I’d used to try to get at least 120 g of protein which is more than someone my sizes actually needs

Breakfast
    Soy silk yogurt (don’t like the taste of almond or coconut)
    High protein soy milk with 2 espresso shots
    Fruit

Lunch
    Flat out wrap
    2 boca vegan burgers
    Veggies
    Fruit

Dinner
    Rice and beans or sweet potatoes with Trader Joe’s sun-dried tomato vegan sausage and veggies

Snacks
    Tofu mint ice cream sandwich
    Hummus and crackers or toast with veggies
    Fruit and nut butter
    More soy yogurt and nuts or cereal on top

Bean soups are also good And lentil
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    When I was vegan, I typical day of eating would look something like:

Meal 1:
    Oatmeal mixed with Protein Powder, topped with PB and banana/buerries

Meal 2:
    Tofu or Tempeh in a tortilla with veggies, a piece of fruit on the side

Snack:
    Vegan Protein Bar, a piece of fruit, and a bowl of cereal

Meal 3:
    Lentils Pasta w/Marinara Sauce, Veggies, Nutritional Yeast, etc.

Dessert:
    Dark chocolate or a bowl of cereal
    Did you eat the cereal dry or use almond milk, etc.?

Did you eat the cereal dry or use almond milk, etc.?
    Back then I used cashewmilk usually

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Back then I used cashewmilk usually
    Bless you!
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi

Any help appreciated.
    Going vegan lowers IQ, in other words it makes you stupid.

No I’m not making this up. People will deny the science but it’s fact.

If you’re not worried about that part then best of luck to you!

Originally Posted by ManwittaPlan View Post
    Going vegan lowers IQ, in other words it makes you stupid.

No I’m not making this up. People will deny the science but it’s fact.

If you’re not worried about that part then best of luck to you!
    in for the 'science' you can share with us
    Last edited by AdamWW; 09-21-2021 at 01:08 PM.

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in for the 'science' you can share with us
    https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...r-intelligence

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1790759/

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/life...ays-study.html

https://www.bustle.com/p/does-going-...brain-21752364

Too lazy to copy and paste a bunch more from google. That’s only from the first page.

It appears you didn’t actually read those ‘studies’….

It appears you didn’t actually read those ‘studies’….
    Poliquin said it so I’ll take his word for it….unless someone comes along with better credentials then I’ll take their word for it.

I’ll be waiting for a loooong time

Poliquin said it so I’ll take his word for it….unless someone comes along with better credentials then I’ll take their word for it.

In before "Poliquin died of a heart attack, so..."

Can you tell me what credentials he has which makes his statement credible?

He never studied vegan diets, he did not study nutrition at university, so nothing he has in terms of qualifications actually makes him someone to listen to on that subject, at all.

He studied exercise... that's it. Nothing else.

Finally, if you actually read those 'studies' (they're not all studies, by the way), they do not support that theory.

The only conclusion you could possibly draw from them is that someone on a poorly-planned vegan diet may experience some health effects.

However, that is not the 'veganism' causing it, it is the poor food selection/supplement intake.

You can suffer deficiencies on ANY diet... not just a vegan one.

No controlled study on vegan diets has ever shown them to CAUSE any issues with brain health, and certainly none where nutrition was actually matched with a diet including animal products.

In before "Poliquin died of a heart attack, so..."
    Find someone with better credentials….so far no one has but I’m all ears.

Can you tell me what credentials he has which makes his statement credible?

He never studied vegan diets, he did not study nutrition at university, so nothing he has in terms of qualifications actually makes him someone to listen to on that subject, at all.

He studied exercise... that's it. Nothing else.

Finally, if you actually read those 'studies' (they're not all studies, by the way), they do not support that theory.

The only conclusion you could possibly draw from them is that someone on a poorly-planned vegan diet may experience some health effects.

However, that is not the 'veganism' causing it, it is the poor food selection/supplement intake.

You can suffer deficiencies on ANY diet... not just a vegan one.

No controlled study on vegan diets has ever shown them to CAUSE any issues with brain health, and certainly none where nutrition was actually matched with a diet including animal products.
    Find someone with better credentials and we can begin to discuss

Find someone with better credentials and we can begin to discuss
    OK, Layne Norton, Mike Israetel... both of them have stated plant-based diets are perfectly healthy

Also Brad Schoenfeld has made the statement that vegan diets are fine for athletes.

You can also just read the position statement by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics which states the same thing: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27886704/

"It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes."
    Last edited by AdamWW; 09-22-2021 at 01:18 PM.

How many Olympic medalists have they produced? All together.