Live2021 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

6 days a week- 10-20 mins a day

I’d appreciate your advice and/or comments on the following work out plan.

I enjoy going to the gym early morning to get a good start in the day and like to go six days a week - Monday to Saturday.

My current plan is 30-40 mins cardio on cross trainer and/or rowing machine followed by 10-20 minutes of weights- a different part of the body every day.

My goals are fitness and strength with a little bit of weight gain and muscle.

Is my plan okay or would I be better off dropping the weights to two or three times a week with a full body workout?

Thanks in advance!

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Time duration of workouts don’t mean much as far as weights are concerned, but your current routine doesn’t sound very productive.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Time duration of workouts don’t mean much as far as weights are concerned, but your current routine doesn’t sound very productive.

Thanks for your response.
    What would you suggest over a six day timeframe?
    Weights two or three times a week and the rest cardio?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I think it's important to understand the role of cardio for your goals - because if you aren't training for a specific sport or event then it doesn't contribute as much to things like body recomposition and fat loss in particular as you might think.

You will get a good basic level (for general health) of CV fitness just from doing heavy lower body weight training... do you really need all that cardio because it's probably getting in the way of doing sufficient resistance training volume to make optimal progress with muscle gain and strength related goals. Fat loss can be done just by controlling your calorie intake...

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I think it's important to understand the role of cardio for your goals - because if you aren't training for a specific sport or event then it doesn't contribute as much to things like body recomposition and fat loss in particular as you might think.

You will get a good basic level (for general health) of CV fitness just from doing heavy lower body weight training... do you really need all that cardio because it's probably getting in the way of doing sufficient resistance training volume to make optimal progress with muscle gain and strength related goals. Fat loss can be done just by controlling your calorie intake...

Many thanks for your detailed response.
    It’s really given me something to think about - I appreciate it.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Live2021 View Post
    I’d appreciate your advice and/or comments on the following work out plan.

I enjoy going to the gym early morning to get a good start in the day and like to go six days a week - Monday to Saturday.

My current plan is 30-40 mins cardio on cross trainer and/or rowing machine followed by 10-20 minutes of weights- a different part of the body every day.

My goals are fitness and strength with a little bit of weight gain and muscle.

Is my plan okay or would I be better off dropping the weights to two or three times a week with a full body workout?

Thanks in advance!
    Mon and thurs- chest and back
    Tuesday and Friday - shoulders and arms
    Wed and sat- legs, calves, abs

You can easily get some productive lifts in 20 min especially if you alternate pushes with pulls where u can.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Live2021 View Post
    Thanks for your response.
    What would you suggest over a six day timeframe?
    Weights two or three times a week and the rest cardio?
    It's more important what you do with the weights, whether 2-3x or 6x per week or for how long. A proper 3 day fb novice program might be a good start, with 3 days of cardio on off days if you like cardio.

Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    Mon and thurs- chest and back
    Tuesday and Friday - shoulders and arms
    Wed and sat- legs, calves, abs

You can easily get some productive lifts in 20 min especially if you alternate pushes with pulls where u can.
    Thank you - I appreciate it.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have done a similar thing and it just worn me down. 10-20 minutes every second day is great. That doesn't count warm-up though. Don't be afraid of low volume workouts, if you can hit failure in that time you may as well walk out because those muscle fibers are done.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do a 6 day schedule, upper/lower style so upper/lower/upper/lower/upper/lower/rest. Sometimes if i'm feeling burned out or using more fatiguing exercises i'll adjust it and do upper/lower/rest and repeat like that for better recovery.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261