oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

advice on protein powder

I have seen a lot of different types of protein powder.

I am trying to build more muscle and lower my fat percentage. what would be the best choice for my self.

also can someone explain how BCAA and creatine works please thank you

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Others know a lot more than I do on the varieties available.

As far as I do know, there are a few brands you should definitely steer clear from: GNC comes to mind, but there are others.

And then, the quality brands are very numerous. I'm a pretty conservative guy and like what is good and familiar, so I've used Gold Standard several years without much temptation to switch. I like chocolate and they have several different flavors on that spectrum. Performance wise, I don't think it really matters beyond having a complete amino acid profile, which every reputable brand would.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take your protein pills and put your helmet on.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by oakley1993 View Post
    I have seen a lot of different types of protein powder.

I am trying to build more muscle and lower my fat percentage. what would be the best choice for my self.

also can someone explain how BCAA and creatine works please thank you
    You don't need protein powder to build muscle, you can just eat whole foods.

Nothing wrong with powder, but it's a supplement, not a mainstay.

For BCAAs, you don't need them as a supplement.

Creatine can be helpful, and it's super cheap... 3-5g a day is generally plenty if you want to see if it helps you.

If you're going to buy protein powder, just stick to a reputable brands:

- Optimum Nutrition
    - MyProtein
    - Dymatize
    - PEScience

They tend to have good quality control... but many others do as well.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

GayCumLord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GayCumLord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GayCumLord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GayCumLord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GayCumLord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GayCumLord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GayCumLord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GayCumLord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GayCumLord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GayCumLord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GayCumLord is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Costco tends carries good protein. Been using combat powder (chocolate) for months now
    “Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyranny.” ARISTOTLE

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Whey is the best and cheapest option. Which brand you get doesn't matter as long as you are in a country which enforces reasonable standards of food production / advertising. Look at the total protein per serving and weigh that against the cost per serving.

Protein already contains BCAAs, there is no good evidence that I have seen to show that supplementing with BCAA powder provides an advantage to your end goals.

Creatine monohydrate is cheap and works for most people to some degree. Just take 3g a day and that's that.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Whey is the best and cheapest option. Which brand you get doesn't matter as long as you are in a country which enforces reasonable standards of food production / advertising. Look at the total protein per serving and weigh that against the cost per serving.

Protein already contains BCAAs, there is no good evidence that I have seen to show that supplementing with BCAA powder provides an advantage to your end goals.

Creatine monohydrate is cheap and works for most people to some degree. Just take 3g a day and that's that.
    Another great thing about whey I recently learned is that is readily converts to glutathione... pretty cool
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is potentially unpopular, but I take the near dated stuff because it's so much cheaper. I think dry stuff doesn't really go off, and I can get premier stuff for like 60% off. I have been doing this maybe 7 years and I'm not dead yet.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Another great thing about whey I recently learned is that is readily converts to glutathione... pretty cool
    I had to google that... Always good to hear I'm not doing it wrong

oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oakley1993 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cheers lads for the adivce