Thread: Losing Body Fat

Registered User userFMRTRTAPOGP's Avatar
    userFMRTRTAPOGP is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing Body Fat

Hi Guys

Im skinny fat, and I'm trying to lose body fat, and its not goin well at all

I used to weigh 74 kilos, and I did home workouts for the last 2 month in the half (Bullyjuice 30 day challenge, a mix of cardio and muscle building)

I now weigh 71 kilos, with around 26% body fat and 5"4 height.

I take my diet seriously and consume my macros accordingly, my weight goes down but my body fat never seems to go down!!

Please help

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    3 kilos in 2 months is not bad.

You don't really know what your BF% actually is - because devices that claim they can measure it (like BIA scales) are actually extremely inaccurate.

If your weight went down and you did resistance training, chances are you did lose fat.

If you want to take better control of fat loss, read the "basics" sticky thread at the top of the page.

Registered User userFMRTRTAPOGP's Avatar
    userFMRTRTAPOGP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I got my BF measured professionally, they did a scan.

I had a look at the "basics", I did not find any information that was of use to me

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by userFMRTRTAPOGP View Post

I had a look at the "basics", I did not find any information that was of use to me
    It doesn't matter. Those machines and gizmo's can't measure accurate enough for you to have faith in them. Keep measurements around your waist at the navel. That will let you know if you're losing\gaining fat. If you didn't get any benefit from "Don't look past the basics" then there may not be much for you here. Good luck with your goals I think you'll need it.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by userFMRTRTAPOGP View Post

same ppl read new threads - why make another - the gents who replied here are two of the SMARTEST AND MOST EXPERIENCED on this website. dont discount what they said....reread the stickies - maybe you need to have some nootropics before you read next time - they contain most everything you need to know.

dont give up - but dont assume you have all knowledge, either - you can always learn from valid info and experienced ppl....
    New Year Fat Loss thread --> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180906143&p=1652695513#post1652695513

start: 248.6 (3/10/21) | bf ~50.0% (9/3/21)
    current: 182.2 (1/13/22) | bf 28.6% (1/13/22)
    new year cut goal: ~165-170lbs & bf~21-22%
    ^^^^^^same as long term goal^^^^^^

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If people only knew the depth of knowledge on this website. I've been at this a long time and I'm here to tell you that if people would come here they wouldn't need nutritionists or trainers. Nobody here makes money off of knowledge. That is the difference. There is a new paper out by a nutritional scholar that says calories don't matter. How F'ed up is that? People believe those things because they want to believe that their daily visits to Burger King aren't the problem. That's why we're were we are nutrition wise.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    If people only knew the depth of knowledge on this website. I've been at this a long time and I'm here to tell you that if people would come here they wouldn't need nutritionists or trainers. Nobody here makes money off of knowledge. That is the difference. There is a new paper out by a nutritional scholar that says calories don't matter. How F'ed up is that? People believe those things because they want to believe that their daily visits to Burger King aren't the problem. That's why we're were we are nutrition wise.
    How do you feel about fasting?
    Would you work out at all when doing a fast?

Edit-strong join date

Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    How do you feel about fasting?
    Would you work out at all when doing a fast?

Edit-strong join date
    Im not sure of your context however no, fasting accomplishes nothing

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Im not sure of your context however no, fasting accomplishes nothing
    Notsureifserious
    Pretty sure it cleanses your body pretty damn well, raises growth hormone, depletes liver glycogen, produces antioxidants & a host of of other benefits..

https://youtu.be/vhmtoAYVRSo

Was just curious if you did it while continuing a regular workout regimen..

Notsureifserious
    Pretty sure it cleanses your body pretty damn well, raises growth hormone, depletes liver glycogen, produces antioxidants & a host of of other benefits..

just no. Please stop reading BS articles.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When maintaining a calorie deficit its best to prioritize strength training over cardio type activity, otherwise you'll just turn into a smaller version of your current self (smaller, weigh less, but maintaining high BF).

3kg of loss in 2 months is not bad, but you could probably do better than that by increasing your calorie deficit (eat less, move more, or a combination of the 2). Ideally you'd like to be at least 2kg of loss per month.

A lot of people (but especially skinny fat people) go into fat loss with unrealistic expectations of just being able to diet down to a nice body in 1 shot, but that's not how it works. In order to replace fat with muscle and improve your overall physique you'll get the most benefit out of using separate fat loss and muscle building phases. It may take you several years (AT LEAST 3-5 years for many people) and several bulk & cut cycles to develop your physique to get where you want to be.

Figure out how you want to look, develop an end goal, break that up into process goals along the way (specific, measurable & attainable), and then execute the plan. Trust the process.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    When maintaining a calorie deficit its best to prioritize strength training over cardio type activity, otherwise you'll just turn into a smaller version of your current self (smaller, weigh less, but maintaining high BF).

3kg of loss in 2 months is not bad, but you could probably do better than that by increasing your calorie deficit (eat less, move more, or a combination of the 2). Ideally you'd like to be at least 2kg of loss per month.

A lot of people (but especially skinny fat people) go into fat loss with unrealistic expectations of just being able to diet down to a nice body in 1 shot, but that's not how it works. In order to replace fat with muscle and improve your overall physique you'll get the most benefit out of using separate fat loss and muscle building phases. It may take you several years (AT LEAST 3-5 years for many people) and several bulk & cut cycles to develop your physique to get where you want to be.

Figure out how you want to look, develop an end goal, break that up into process goals along the way (specific, measurable & attainable), and then execute the plan. Trust the process.
    Case in point regarding depth of knowledge on the forum

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Case in point regarding depth of knowledge on the forum
    very true - there are about 10 of you OGs (three have commented in this thread already) who take the time to really explain things well to folks - even tho their questions may be repeats, etc.

so respectable how you all try and spread valid, repeatable, proven data/info/plans/processes to so many!!

making the world a better place on the daily....now if more people would just understand and actually try the suggestions out before poo-pooing for this reason or that.
    New Year Fat Loss thread --> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180906143&p=1652695513#post1652695513

start: 248.6 (3/10/21) | bf ~50.0% (9/3/21)
    current: 182.2 (1/13/22) | bf 28.6% (1/13/22)
    new year cut goal: ~165-170lbs & bf~21-22%
    ^^^^^^same as long term goal^^^^^^

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Notsureifserious

Common myths. I used to do IF back in the day before realising that these are all red herrings. There is no need to "cleanse" the body, your internal organs do a good job of this already.

Acute GH rises during fasting are for energy mobilisation - nothing to do with growing muscle.

What's wrong with liver glycogen? It suppresses the AMPk signal which blocks muscle growth.

There is only one possible benefit of fasting that actually stands up to scientific scrutiny - and that is appetite control. If you eat fewer meals at regular times of the day, you may find you can sustain a calorie deficit more easily. Of course this compromises your supply of amino acids if you are expecting to grow new muscle

just no. Please stop reading BS articles.
    Have to disagree.
    Fasting is one of the best things you do for your body.
    Decades of research behind this.. but okay. You do you bud

Have to disagree.
    Research, right along with articles claiming KETO being superior for Fatloss.

I’m sure there is no harm in fasting however if you’re trying to build muscle it’s not the best thing to be doing.
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 09-25-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have to disagree.
    Really? Point us towards this "decades of research" please.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Really? Point us towards this "decades of research" please.
    Decades of magazine articles selling fasting products

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have to disagree.
    You're talking out of your arse

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Notsureifserious

Hacks for boosting growth hormone only work briefly and may at best compensate for other problems caused. Tried and true methods are what work long term.

I've seen life extension studies with two monkey groups given different calorie amounts. They did not say how many calories each got, just that one got 30% less than the other, and that neither was encouraged to exercise. Surprise, surprise, the fat ones died sooner. I would not go starving myself though.
    Last edited by Darkius; 09-27-2021 at 08:13 AM.