dcairns1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fierce 5 novice without squats/deadlifts

Hello all, I have been running fierce 5 novice for about a month now, but I have had reoccurring pain in my upper hamstring when doing lower body lifts such as squats and deadlifts, which cause discomfort throughout the day and even into the next few days. Isolation exercises do not cause this pain though, so I was wondering what changes I should make to the fierce 5 novice program or if I should just do the upper body lifts. This is also not me trying to avoid hitting legs, as I enjoy working them out and would like to get back to it painlessly as soon as possible.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should try to figure why you can’t do those exercises without pain (more likely just mild discomfort).

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

dcairns1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    You should try to figure why you can’t do those exercises without pain (more likely just mild discomfort).
    I have gone to a physio to get it checked out and I am getting an MRI soon. I was wondering if I should do some isolation exercises and what my routine would look like in the meantime while I am waiting for a solution.

lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lsiberian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You could do split squats/1 leg RDLs until you get the issue resolved. I have to use them because doing squats is very dangerous for me now.
    San Antonio Spurs/Dallas Cowboys/Houston Astros/Georgia Tech/Baylor/UTA/Manchester United