Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What should I do? Help

Hi guys , I'm 26 years old from the UK, I'm currently 71kg/11 stone and 173cm tall (5ft 9) at 22% body fat , I want to get my body fat down as although I'm skinny I also don't have a flat stomach and I want to slim the fat off my belly, but I would like to be around 13-14 stone, so how do I shed the body fat but put weight on? What advice would you have? I've been on a high calorie diet for the last month to try and bulk up but that won't get rid of the body fat πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ thanks in advance

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    What we usually see from skinny guys whose first thought is to lose fat is that they keep trying to diet and never get any definition, just get smaller and more hungry.

The thing you have to get your head around is that the biggest difference is going to be made by gaining muscle. This takes longer than losing fat and you need a surplus of calories since your target weight is higher than your current weight. So in the short to medium term you will have more fat on your body than you would like. It will be worth it in the end but you have to go through the process.

Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Reece1601 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

[QUOTE=SuffolkPunch;1647596703]What we usually see from skinny guys

Thanks for the reply , so it's better to not worry about losing fat and concentrate on bulking? Won't my body fat get even higher and become unhealthy though? 22% is already quite high?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you allow your weight to rise only slowly (say 1-2lbs a month) then most of it should be muscle - of course you need to work hard in the gym using an effective routine that features planned progressive overload and trains the whole body in balance (Fierce 5 is one suggestion).

It may true in a very broad sense to say that higher BF% is less healthy but if you go from not doing much exercise to doing lots then chances are you will be MORE healthy even if you are heavier. For example, the average rugby player is probably healthier than the average skinny guy who does nothing except walk to the smoking point for exercise.

Walshman98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What I am currently trying is to do much more resistance training since I am trying to build muscle which in turn will burn fat much better than just dieting. Dieting will not tone you either, so hit the gym and work hard.

falcont00 is not very well liked. (-100) falcont00 is not very well liked. (-100) falcont00 is not very well liked. (-100) falcont00 is not very well liked. (-100) falcont00 is not very well liked. (-100) falcont00 is not very well liked. (-100) falcont00 is not very well liked. (-100) falcont00 is not very well liked. (-100) falcont00 is not very well liked. (-100) falcont00 is not very well liked. (-100) falcont00 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Walshman98 View Post
    What I am currently trying is to do much more resistance training since I am trying to build muscle which in turn will burn fat much better than just dieting. Dieting will not tone you either, so hit the gym and work hard.
    right but he should make diet same time

thegirlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) thegirlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) thegirlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) thegirlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) thegirlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) thegirlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) thegirlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) thegirlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) thegirlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) thegirlscurls is not very well liked. (-100) thegirlscurls is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Reece1601 View Post
    Hi guys , I'm 26 years old from the UK, I'm currently 71kg/11 stone and 173cm tall (5ft 9) at 22% body fat , I want to get my body fat down as although I'm skinny I also don't have a flat stomach and I want to slim the fat off my belly, but I would like to be around 13-14 stone, so how do I shed the body fat but put weight on? What advice would you have? I've been on a high calorie diet for the last month to try and bulk up but that won't get rid of the body fat 🤷‍♂️ thanks in advance
    It is generally not advisable to try to both gain weight and lose body fat at the same time, as these goals often require opposing approaches. Instead, it may be more effective to focus on one goal at a time.

To lose body fat, it is important to create a calorie deficit by burning more calories than you consume. This can be achieved through a combination of diet and exercise. For your diet, try to focus on whole, nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats, and limit your intake of processed and sugary foods. In terms of exercise, aim to get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity cardio or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity cardio per week, as well as two to three days of strength training to help build and maintain muscle mass.

Once you have achieved your desired level of body fat, you can then focus on gradually increasing your weight through a calorie surplus. To do this, you will need to consume more calories than you burn through a combination of diet and exercise. It is important to note that gaining weight in a healthy way takes time and consistency, and it is not recommended to try to gain weight too quickly.

It may be helpful to work with a registered dietitian or personal trainer to develop a plan that is tailored to your individual needs and goals. They can provide guidance on how to properly fuel your body and design an exercise program that will help you achieve your desired weight and body composition.