BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Personal Workout Plan questions

I am a 6'2"
    Male
    Weight 220
    Athletic

I am looking to start a workout plan to gain muscle definition and lose weight. I was a 3 sport high school athlete and a division 1 college track athlete. Its been about 5 years since Ive really did workouts on a daily routine. Recently (About 8 months) I have been doing various exercises including running some small sprints(30 yards), running on the treadmill (1-3 miles around an 8:30 pace). I have also been doing various lifts, using all the equipment that I have listed below. My whole life, we were given what workouts to do, what muscles to work on what days, etc. I never really took any interest in this when I was an athlete. Just went with the motions and did what I was told. So I never really learned how to put together a decent workout plan with proper recovery and muscle confusion/grouping. I would like to create a workout plan for M/Tu/Th/F/Sat with W/Sn being for rest (And football :P). I also am working with a friend to create a meal plan. Can somebody give me some general guidance, or even specific to the equipment I have listed below on what exercises I should be doing and on what days to properly build muscle and lose weight? If somebody can help or has any questions they need answered, please comment below and i will get back to you ASAP. Thanks!

20 lb slam ball
    Dip Bar Station
    Heavy Bag / Gloves
    Ab Roller
    Bowflex SExtreme
    Jump Stretch Bands
    TRX bands
    Flat Bench
    Incline Bench
    Decline Bench
    Bowflex Adjustable Dumbbells'
    Yoga Ball
    Curl Bar
    Straight Bar
    1000bs plate weights
    Jump Rope
    Treadmill
    NordicTrack Pro Ski
    Stretch Bands (light, Medium, Heavy, Extra Heavy)

If this is not the correct forum to post this or I need to move it, please let me know. I am new to this site, but was recommended to it!

Thanks!

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As others will likely do, I'd recommend you use one of the novice programs stickied at the top of the forum board.

If you'd want to make it even simpler, you could simply do every movement pattern one time per week, taking the initial week or two to learn form, the following to attempt a 5 reps, then 3, then 1. You could do:

Monday: Deadlift
    Tuesday: Bench
    Wednesday: Row
    Thursday: Overhead Press
    Friday: Squat
    Saturday: Pullups
    Sunday: Rest

As long as you're actually doing all of these movement patterns and challenging yourself each time, initial progress is virtually guaranteed.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Rsurf72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rsurf72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rsurf72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rsurf72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rsurf72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rsurf72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rsurf72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rsurf72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rsurf72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rsurf72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rsurf72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    As others will likely do, I'd recommend you use one of the novice programs stickied at the top of the forum board.

If you'd want to make it even simpler, you could simply do every movement pattern one time per week, taking the initial week or two to learn form, the following to attempt a 5 reps, then 3, then 1. You could do:

As long as you're actually doing all of these movement patterns and challenging yourself each time, initial progress is virtually guaranteed.
    Nice bench squat deadlift, what's your row.
    Is it bench and deads that should be similar, or deads more ofc.

Or bench and row similar? I do stiff leg deads so more ham work, can't really go too heavy on that
    Maybe I could do a deadlift variation where I'm not slamming my weights on the second floor of my building heh.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rsurf72 View Post

Or bench and row similar? I do stiff leg deads so more ham work, can't really go too heavy on that
    Maybe I could do a deadlift variation where I'm not slamming my weights on the second floor of my building heh.
    Deficit stiff leg deadlifts might be the ultimate ass and ham builder, but probably not suited to a novice lifter.

Don’t get caught up in comparing your lifts. That is a surefire way spin your wheels.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Rsurf72 View Post

Thanks.

I've never maxed it, but I rowed 275 for a triple on a fairly steep deficit. Soon I will attempt 315.

EDIT: To answer the question, I think bench and rows are supposed to be fairly close, ideally the same. The deadlift should have much more strength potential than the bench press under normal circumstances, even more than the squat, but those two are comparable and some advanced lifters actually have a stronger squat than deadlift.
    Last edited by EliKoehn; 09-22-2021 at 06:03 PM.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BitcoinSV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post

Awesome, thank you for the reply! I will take these into consideration and check out some of the plans as recommended! Thanks again!