Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Best forearm exercise ?

Hello, i need help. I always had small and weak forearms. I do lot of pulling (deadlifts,rows,pull-ups ...) but my forearms are always burning as hell and sometimes im just focusing on grip to not drop the weight ... So i want to add some exercise just for forearms. I need something for both hypertrophy and strenght (grip strenght). I saw some videos and articles and problem is that there is too much exercises for forearms and it feels like i must do like 10 exercises just for complete forearms training. I really dont want to spent too much time on them, i need something just something effective for both strenght/size that i can add at the end of my pull workout. What do you think, i should do ? Ideally just 1-2 exercises, thanks a lot

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My first suggestion would be to reduce the variety and volume, and focus on increasing your deadlift weight, once or twice a week, but not more. It could be that you're bottlenecking your recovery.

Beyond that, I would do farmer carries, as they more directly stimulate the isometric loading, even though the poundage involved is lighter.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Forearms:

Reverse curls
    Wrist curls
    Reverse wrist curls
    Wrist rollers (handle, rope, weights)
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rows and other pulls are ok, but direct work is always a plus.

Coach has some good ones above.

Personally, I use cable hammer curls with a rope attachment, and Zottman curls.

Almost forget, I’m at the point where I use straps for my work sets of most pulling exercises. Doesn’t matter how strong your grip is or big your forearms get, they will always be the limiting factor (followed by the biceps).

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Farmers walks and deadlifts or just for forearms, set the rack at knee level and put a lot of weight on the bar, pull it off the rack and just stand there. repeat until you just can't do another one.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm quarantining right now but still want to try repping T-Bar with four plates and see how that feels when I get back to the gym.

What does another working set of a pulling exercise look like for you? Rowing 275 for a triple with the bar, grip wasn't the limiting factor. Certainly felt like it was the lats that would have been the first to give out, for me. That was a pretty good lift but it's still below advanced; if true that my grip wasn't the weak link, it challenges your claim that it's "always" the limiting factor. Once you get to elite numbers, sure, but no one who regularly posts on this forum has an elite strength level.

Your back looks huge though so you might be pulling more than me on some of these exercises, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ngmXjkcodU
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I'm quarantining right now but still want to try repping T-Bar with four plates and see how that feels when I get back to the gym.

What does another working set of a pulling exercise look like for you? Rowing 275 for a triple with the bar, grip wasn't the limiting factor. Certainly felt like it was the lats that would have been the first to give out, for me. That was a pretty good lift but it's still below advanced; if true that my grip wasn't the weak link, it challenges your claim that it's "always" the limiting factor. Once you get to elite numbers, sure, but no one who regularly posts on this forum has an elite strength level.

Your back looks huge though so you might be pulling more than me on some of these exercises, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ngmXjkcodU
    By limiting factor, I simply mean it will usually be the first to give out. Especially as the reps get up there.

I like to stay in 5-10 range for my heavy sets, and 8-12 for my back offs. That way I still get work in the 85-90% range, then some work at the 70-80% range to fully fatigue whatever muscle is left.

For instance, with that 4 plate T-bar row I got 7, then waited about a minute, then got 12 with 3 plates. So for that particular exercise, I’d keep 4 plates for a top set, and up the back off set weight by 5-10 lbs.

I also recently hit 270 on the lying plate loaded chest press. To me that is a big deal since my pressing power horizontally has always been kinda meh. So that equals out to 135 per arm since the arms move independently from the other. I hit that for 5, then the following week for 7. Then a back off set of 215 for 12. I also like the fact the arms converge so the pump was pretty good too!

Ooooooh, that reminds me. To the OP….Another thing I find helps, is pinch strength. Literally just holding a 45 plate for time with just the finger tips. And static holds after a set of deadlifts (double overhand conventional or trap bar, not mixed or hook grip)
    Last edited by BeginnerGainz; 09-23-2021 at 11:07 AM.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you have a pulley set-up you can easily add in direct supination and pronation work that will really pump up your forearms in <5 minutes.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Shakewhey View Post
    Hello, i need help. I always had small and weak forearms. I do lot of pulling (deadlifts,rows,pull-ups ...) but my forearms are always burning as hell and sometimes im just focusing on grip to not drop the weight ... So i want to add some exercise just for forearms. I need something for both hypertrophy and strenght (grip strenght). I saw some videos and articles and problem is that there is too much exercises for forearms and it feels like i must do like 10 exercises just for complete forearms training. I really dont want to spent too much time on them, i need something just something effective for both strenght/size that i can add at the end of my pull workout. What do you think, i should do ? Ideally just 1-2 exercises, thanks a lot
    Wrist roller and https://www.t-nation.com/training/ti...ength-builder/

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Best for me is using a short barbell for seated wrist extensions, then moving on quickly to Fat Grip standing (behind the back) wrist curls.

Going too heavy makes them terrible and it's why people have to move on to other exercises.

Also, hi Supramax.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    All i've ever done for forearms is a superset of farmer's walks and wrist rolling, and they're coming along. Keep it simple and stick with it, progress, and the spoils shall be yours. Also, zottman curls address almost everything the forearm does, plus you get good bicep work in addition, so those might be worth exploring at some point too.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    All i've ever done for forearms is a superset of farmer's walks and wrist rolling, and they're coming along. Keep it simple and stick with it, progress, and the spoils shall be yours. Also, zottman curls address almost everything the forearm does, plus you get good bicep work in addition, so those might be worth exploring at some point too.
    George Zottman knew what he was doing

-Sir Isaac Newton