In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Paying it forward

Any of you participate or ever been a recipient?

I have bought coffee or meals for folks behind me in drive thru's and a couple of times paid for meals for folks at restaurants, nothing major. Yesterday, I was going through my banking online and noticed my gym has not taken any payments out since June, I asked the manager about it this morning. He said you're good until next June, this puzzled me so I pushed him further and he told me that someone came in and paid cash for a years membership for me. I was floored, he wouldn't tell me who and wouldn't even tell me the gender, just said it wasn't any of the staff or even a member there.

I am now on the hunt to figure this out, I do quite a bit of volunteer/charity work in the town the gym is located in and think that may have something to do with it. I appreciate it and think it's pretty cool but also think that money could have been put to better use on someone other than me. With that in mind, I am going to donate the cost of my annual membership to a non profit organization to pay it forward again.

If you have never participated, buying someone a coffee may just put a smile on their chops and brighten their day. Give it a shot.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

Social distancing expert

There are no strangers, just friends I have yet to meet

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe not exactly the intent of the post, but I used to regularly buy something extra when doing a big grocery shop like cartons of long life milk, dried pasta etc, toothbrush+toothpaste (yes in the UK we do sometimes have those), etc etc and put it in the "food bank" on my way out.
    But for whatever reason I haven't been doing that for some time as been in a rush: "too busy".
    Note to self: stop being too busy and start donating things again

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post

I have bought coffee or meals for folks behind me in drive thru's and a couple of times paid for meals for folks at restaurants, nothing major. Yesterday, I was going through my banking online and noticed my gym has not taken any payments out since June, I asked the manager about it this morning. He said you're good until next June, this puzzled me so I pushed him further and he told me that someone came in and paid cash for a years membership for me. I was floored, he wouldn't tell me who and wouldn't even tell me the gender, just said it wasn't any of the staff or even a member there.

I am now on the hunt to figure this out, I do quite a bit of volunteer/charity work in the town the gym is located in and think that may have something to do with it. I appreciate it and think it's pretty cool but also think that money could have been put to better use on someone other than me. With that in mind, I am going to donate the cost of my annual membership to a non profit organization to pay it forward again.

If you have never participated, buying someone a coffee may just put a smile on their chops and brighten their day. Give it a shot.
    It was me.

Ur welcome

Registered User quicksand jesus's Avatar
    quicksand jesus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) quicksand jesus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) quicksand jesus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) quicksand jesus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) quicksand jesus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) quicksand jesus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) quicksand jesus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) quicksand jesus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) quicksand jesus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) quicksand jesus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) quicksand jesus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post

Been on both sides and it does make ones day better.
    COYS!

Cancer sucks!

I lift therefore I am PlanoLifter's Avatar
    PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've bought coffee for people several times. I give back to my community too - food back volunteer, flying for Angel Flight helping people get to medical appointments. I've been very fortunate in this life and I feel it's my responsibility to give to others less fortunate than myself.
    Flight crew

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Back in the day when you had to pay tolls (there were no EZ pass) I paid for the 4 cars behind me. I also paid for folks dinner when I see a large family with little kids at a restaurant, I recently paid for a woman's grocery.

At Christmas me and a couple of my friends (usually drug dealers) buy a lot of toys, clothes and go to the hood and hand them out to the kids.
    On the list for Bannukah

In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is awesome, kudos to those paying it forward, a pretty easy gesture that is sure to bring a smile. Tom I consider that paying it forward, I do that as well occasionally, I need to do it more.
    John, I recall you mentioning the christmas thing before that's pretty damn cool for sure, I bet the families appreciated the meal, excellent on buying the groceries too. QS I am glad you got to witness it from both sides, good on ya. Plano, I couldn't have said it better myself, the volunteering you do is commendable, I also do the food bank thing and did Hamper deliveries at Christmas a few times. The Angel flight sounds very interesting.It just feels good to give back a little.
    Cass thanks a lot eh, I appreciate it LOL
    Last edited by mtpockets; 09-22-2021 at 11:33 AM.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

Social distancing expert

There are no strangers, just friends I have yet to meet

ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    “Among a certain community of individual investors on TikTok, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's stock trading disclosures are a treasure trove. "Shouts out to Nancy Pelosi, the stock market's biggest whale," said user 'ceowatchlist.' Another said, "I've come to the conclusion that Nancy Pelosi is a psychic," while adding that she is the "queen of investing."

(Can’t post links yet)

I’ve made a lot following Nancy Pelosi’s stock purchases and donate a portion to animal welfare.

My eyes are up here. hendrixfreak70's Avatar
    hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I get forwarded emails all the time.
    Romans 3:23
    Romans 6:23
    Romans 10:13