hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Looking for a specific study

I recently got into a conversation with a friend regarding necessary protein intake. We all know the 1g/lbs rule (and all of the many controversies around it such as LBM, studies of less, etc) and there are also plenty of studies that show that the body only utilizes ~30g per meal, or around 10g/hr.

Obviously, this starts to lead to mathematical problem. How does one get 8 hours of sleep and get enough protein? If I'm only awake 16 hours a day, and if my body can only absorb 10g of protein per hour, if I weigh more than 160lbs...how is this possible?

It got me wondering if the studies showing optimal protein intake were accounting for absorption rates.
    Let's think about 3 test subjects, each one weighing 210lbs; one spaces meals out every hour and gets exactly 10g per meal, one has 3 meals a day, with each meal having 70g of protein, and one who is doing IF and only has one large meal where he miraculously consumes 210g of protein.

Subject 1 would eat 160g of protein and actually absorb 160g, but that would only be .76g/lb
    Subject 2 would eat 210g of protein but only actually absorb 90g, that would only be .43g/lb
    Subject 3 would eat 210g of protein but only actually absorb 30g, that would only be .14g/lb

It all makes me wonder if anyone has done any studies to look at this. I know 1g/lbs is an easy, short answer to throw out, but my gut tells me that it's actually a lot more complex than this. I feel like in reality, the number should be much lower, but with the understanding that it's fully absorbed.

Is anyone aware of this kind of study?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    This topic is discussed in depth here:

https://www.nutritiontactics.com/mea...ein-synthesis/

hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50) hanzosbm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    This topic is discussed in depth here:

https://www.nutritiontactics.com/mea...ein-synthesis/
    Wow! That was an amazing article, thank you very much.
    As it pertains to my previous thoughts, my key takeaways were the suggestion of 4-5 meals/day, each consisting of at least 20g of protein. Increasing that to 40g results in approximately a 10% increase.

This really helped to make things clear (and given lots of information regarding how they came to these conclusions). Thank you very much.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by hanzosbm View Post
    Wow! That was an amazing article, thank you very much.
    As it pertains to my previous thoughts, my key takeaways were the suggestion of 4-5 meals/day, each consisting of at least 20g of protein. Increasing that to 40g results in approximately a 10% increase.

This really helped to make things clear (and given lots of information regarding how they came to these conclusions). Thank you very much.
    No problem. As you can see you can maintain a fairly practical diet and be as close to optimal as it's worth trying to get... I personally just have 3 meals and 1-2 protein shakes per day and nobody would know my diet is anything unusual.