Reply
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User JoeTrier1's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2020
    Age: 51
    Posts: 34
    Rep Power: 0
    JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    JoeTrier1 is offline

    Question I need your help. Should I bulk or cut?

    I'm 180cm and 26 years old and 75kg. I work out each body part twice a week. 4 days a week and abs every day and some cardio every few days. I've been told my body looks great when i'm wearing a t-shirt but often told like I hardly work out when I don't wear a shirt.


    Maybe part of it is because i'm fair skinned with Irish roots and hardly any sun where i'm from in North America.

    I NEVER eat junk food and keep carbs to a minimum with the occasional few beers on the weekend. I consume at least 160g of protein everyday including 5g creatine along with healthy good food. Every meal has a good source of protein in there. Treadmill is around 1 hour a week but my job requires me to stand up all day.

    I want to be lean with abs and a big chest, but after working out for 3+years, this is the body I have.


    How I normally look during the day - https://ibb.co/fXWJZxY

    Another angle - https://ibb.co/tYjLwZk

    After workout - https://ibb.co/fD1bmV4

    Morning: Dehydrated https://ibb.co/71LDgdY


    It doesn't look like i've been lifting for 3 years. My dream is to be ripped with deep abs and a good chest similar Jeremy Either or Joe Delaney.

    Any advice would be great.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Conquer faithbrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 2,533
    Rep Power: 27150
    faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    faithbrah is offline
    you could eat in a surplus and not avoid carbs, hit 80-83 kg gaining 1 kg per month, then cut back down to 75 or lower losing 2 kg per month. optionally you could start cutting right now until you're lean enough, but there's no guarantee you'll have enough muscle to support going that low in weight without looking small

    also, it's not even that bad for three years of lifting. not optimal but not bad either imo...
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    NASM-CPT xsquid99's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Location: Stanwood, Washington, United States
    Posts: 4,654
    Rep Power: 34421
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    xsquid99 is offline
    Originally Posted by JoeTrier1 View Post

    It doesn't look like i've been lifting for 3 years. My dream is to be ripped with deep abs and a good chest similar Jeremy Either or Joe Delaney.

    Any advice would be great.
    Jeremy is someone who has great genetics who looks like he has been training for a long time, definitely longer than 3 years and probably more like 8-10. Joe Delaney on the other hand is very likely not natty IMO. Just keep that in mind when thinking you want to look like someone else.

    Follow Faithbrah's advice, eat carbs, train hard, put on some more weight, then cut back after about 6 months. Then rinse and repeat.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    PNBA Pro marinevet63031's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2011
    Location: Florissant, Missouri, United States
    Posts: 1,809
    Rep Power: 38460
    marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    marinevet63031 is offline
    Originally Posted by JoeTrier1 View Post
    I'm 180cm and 26 years old and 75kg. I work out each body part twice a week. 4 days a week and abs every day and some cardio every few days. I've been told my body looks great when i'm wearing a t-shirt but often told like I hardly work out when I don't wear a shirt.


    Maybe part of it is because i'm fair skinned with Irish roots and hardly any sun where i'm from in North America.

    I NEVER eat junk food and keep carbs to a minimum with the occasional few beers on the weekend. I consume at least 160g of protein everyday including 5g creatine along with healthy good food. Every meal has a good source of protein in there. Treadmill is around 1 hour a week but my job requires me to stand up all day.

    I want to be lean with abs and a big chest, but after working out for 3+years, this is the body I have.


    How I normally look during the day - https://ibb.co/fXWJZxY

    Another angle - https://ibb.co/tYjLwZk

    After workout - https://ibb.co/fD1bmV4

    Morning: Dehydrated https://ibb.co/71LDgdY


    It doesn't look like i've been lifting for 3 years. My dream is to be ripped with deep abs and a good chest similar Jeremy Either or Joe Delaney.

    Any advice would be great.
    Ok, this may be long so I am sorry. But here is the deal. You work for a living and most likely have a family and responsibilities. This is normal life. These guys are good to emulate. Emulate the following though, they are in shape and look good. Ok, well here is what I want you to think about, lean gain.

    I was always a lean looking ecto morph so whatever muscle I gained was lean muscle while I was in the Marine Corps. So DM to me your workout I will help you if that is your wish.

    In my opinion having muscle definition is 10 times better than just being a big guy. Also, all the members in my ancestory on my father's side of the family is from Scotland and Ireland so I understand.

    If you are working out 4 days a week do a heavy - light program. More on that if you send me a DM. When looking at the pictures of the men you want to emulate, I looked at Jeremy. He looks good, its fine. Joe looks like he isn't natural.

    I challenge you to put the following into consideration, "I want to be the best version of me." If you do this you will have success.
    *Cardinals, Blues, Chiefs, MLS *
    *INBA/PNBA - PNBA (Professional) Wheelchair Natural Bodybuilder*
    *Founder - Adaptive Fitness*
    *Disabled US Marine Corps Combat Veteran 1992-1997*
    *Hogan is G.O.A.T., Ultimate Warrior, Hart & Sting fanatic*
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User JoeTrier1's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2020
    Age: 51
    Posts: 34
    Rep Power: 0
    JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    JoeTrier1 is offline
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    you could eat in a surplus and not avoid carbs, hit 80-83 kg gaining 1 kg per month, then cut back down to 75 or lower losing 2 kg per month. optionally you could start cutting right now until you're lean enough, but there's no guarantee you'll have enough muscle to support going that low in weight without looking small

    also, it's not even that bad for three years of lifting. not optimal but not bad either imo...
    Thanks!
    I tried eating at a surplus, I used to be 70KG a few months back. I went to 77 on a bulk and started to gradually eat less and cut around 2 months ago.

    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Jeremy is someone who has great genetics who looks like he has been training for a long time, definitely longer than 3 years and probably more like 8-10. Joe Delaney on the other hand is very likely not natty IMO. Just keep that in mind when thinking you want to look like someone else.

    Follow Faithbrah's advice, eat carbs, train hard, put on some more weight, then cut back after about 6 months. Then rinse and repeat.
    Yeh I understand. I see many others who have been training for less time than me but they look great. I am literally obsessed with what I eat and what it does for me, but then I see others eating what they want, don't stick to enough protein and have a better body than me.

    Originally Posted by marinevet63031 View Post
    Ok, this may be long so I am sorry. But here is the deal. You work for a living and most likely have a family and responsibilities. This is normal life. These guys are good to emulate. Emulate the following though, they are in shape and look good. Ok, well here is what I want you to think about, lean gain.

    I was always a lean looking ecto morph so whatever muscle I gained was lean muscle while I was in the Marine Corps. So DM to me your workout I will help you if that is your wish.

    In my opinion having muscle definition is 10 times better than just being a big guy. Also, all the members in my ancestory on my father's side of the family is from Scotland and Ireland so I understand.

    If you are working out 4 days a week do a heavy - light program. More on that if you send me a DM. When looking at the pictures of the men you want to emulate, I looked at Jeremy. He looks good, its fine. Joe looks like he isn't natural.

    I challenge you to put the following into consideration, "I want to be the best version of me." If you do this you will have success.
    Thanks for your reply. My workout routine usually includes a range of exercises. I go heavy and low but since 3 months ago i've been focusing much much more on lower weight (Around 20kg per dumbel for dumbel press) and higher reps. I agree I won't look like Jeremy anytime soon, I



    Dumbell Press
    Chest flies
    Barbell Press
    Incline Dumbell press
    Incline barbell press
    Bicep curls
    Tricep pulldowns
    Back
    Single arm cable rows
    Face pulls
    Calf raises
    Squats
    Deadlift
    Lat raises
    Chin ups
    Leg raises
    Dips

    Abs daily

    I also watch my form too. I'm constantly making sure how i'm doing it is correct using many online resources
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Conquer faithbrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 2,533
    Rep Power: 27150
    faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    faithbrah is offline
    Originally Posted by JoeTrier1 View Post
    Thanks!
    I tried eating at a surplus, I used to be 70KG a few months back. I went to 77 on a bulk and started to gradually eat less and cut around 2 months ago.



    Yeh I understand. I see many others who have been training for less time than me but they look great. I am literally obsessed with what I eat and what it does for me, but then I see others eating what they want, don't stick to enough protein and have a better body than me.



    Thanks for your reply. My workout routine usually includes a range of exercises. I go heavy and low but since 3 months ago i've been focusing much much more on lower weight (Around 20kg per dumbel for dumbel press) and higher reps. I agree I won't look like Jeremy anytime soon, I



    Dumbell Press
    Chest flies
    Barbell Press
    Incline Dumbell press
    Incline barbell press
    Bicep curls
    Tricep pulldowns
    Back
    Single arm cable rows
    Face pulls
    Calf raises
    Squats
    Deadlift
    Lat raises
    Chin ups
    Leg raises
    Dips

    Abs daily

    I also watch my form too. I'm constantly making sure how i'm doing it is correct using many online resources
    what is your actual routine? only listing different movements doesn't say much and we can't tell if there's a problem with your training
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User JoeTrier1's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2020
    Age: 51
    Posts: 34
    Rep Power: 0
    JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100) JoeTrier1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    JoeTrier1 is offline
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    what is your actual routine? only listing different movements doesn't say much and we can't tell if there's a problem with your training
    Day 1: Chest and biceps
    Day 2: Shoulders triceps and back
    Day 3 legs

    Then leave around 3 days rest in-between training each muscle. Usually 4 or 5 days a week.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 3,732
    Rep Power: 22320
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    TolerantLactose is offline
    What is your actual routine?
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Conquer faithbrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 2,533
    Rep Power: 27150
    faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    faithbrah is offline
    Originally Posted by JoeTrier1 View Post
    Day 1: Chest and biceps
    Day 2: Shoulders triceps and back
    Day 3 legs

    Then leave around 3 days rest in-between training each muscle. Usually 4 or 5 days a week.
    yeah that's the split you're doing, but which exercises do you do on each day? how many sets and reps?

    i think you should train 5-6 times a week if you insist on doing a 3 day split. otherwise just get on a decent upper/lower program or something (i do PHUL). take it with a grain of salt though, my results aren't that great either after 3 years
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts