Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Rogue sells a ton of racks and no doubt has a much more efficient manufacturing process and lower materials cost, which allows them to price things more competitively. The Starting Strength rack is far less popular, with good reason, so it has to be priced a lot higher to turn a profit. The SS racks also have to have a high retail price so they can be substantially discounted for the SS gym owners that are required to buy them. There are some idiot SS devotees in the public that will buy them but that number is tiny compared to Rogue fans.
    Rogue isn’t exactly cheap either. R3 is a good value, but their 6 posts are pricey.

But I can buy the SS rack for,1400 + shipping, OR I can get a rep 5000v2 6 post for the same price, shipping included. And it has weight storage. And the clear coat looks really,nice. Just wishing they’d get some stock in.

SS rack would have to be around 700-800 all in

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bean438 View Post
    Rip is either on to something or he’s losing his mind.
    If you've followed anything on his web forum recently, you'll know he's already lost his mind.

I'm not sure what exactly had happened to him, but I wouldn't consider him the authority for much of anything anymore, and his "equipment", if I may be completely candid, is not only a joke, but is an overpriced joke. You can do better.

There's so much good equipment available these days, the fact that they're able to even sell a single unit of this stuff is a complete mystery to me.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    https://locations.startingstrengthgyms.com

Apparently there's a chain of gyms only using this style of racks.
    Starting strength followers are just as much a cult as crossfitters
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    If you've followed anything on his web forum recently, you'll know he's already lost his mind.

I'm not sure what exactly had happened to him, but I wouldn't consider him the authority for much of anything anymore, and his "equipment", if I may be completely candid, is not only a joke, but is an overpriced joke. You can do better.

There's so much good equipment available these days, the fact that they're able to even sell a single unit of this stuff is a complete mystery to me.
    Rip has bought into his own hype and doesn't believe anything from the 60s can be improved upon. He certainly was solid back in the day but he's become a victim of his own ego and refuses to change or acknowledge anything better either in the science of lifting, equipment or nutrition/supplements can ever be improved upon.

He's the lifting equivalent of Vince Neil getting back on stage.
    {5'7" and under #1}

bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hey, I get it. I’m not disputing the rack is,over priced.

I’m just saying I,really like how it looks.

Same arguement can be made for “classic” cars. They look cool but really they stuck. No,seatbelts, poor,fuel,economy. In the dark,ages. And totally over priced but people still buy.

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Same arguement can be made for “classic” cars. They look cool but really they stuck. No,seatbelts, poor,fuel,economy . . .
    Hold on there sonny boy, you're going too far!
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Same arguement can be made for “classic” cars. They look cool but really they stuck. No,seatbelts, poor,fuel,economy. In the dark,ages. And totally over priced but people still buy.
    Difference is, a classic car is meant to driven to Cars and Coffee once a week, during nice weather season. A rack is mean to be used at least a couple times a week year round. Also, a classic car is often an investment, and hedge against inflation. Very unlikely for a rack, unless you expect recurring pandemics going forward.

TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    Rip has bought into his own hype and doesn't believe anything from the 60s can be improved upon. He certainly was solid back in the day but he's become a victim of his own ego and refuses to change or acknowledge anything better either in the science of lifting, equipment or nutrition/supplements can ever be improved upon.

He's the lifting equivalent of Vince Neil getting back on stage.
    Did Rippetoe ever even acknowledge Glenn Pendlay's death? I don't think he did.

Pendlay helped write the original Practical Programming, did meets with Rippetoe, etc.

I know they had a falling out, but still, that's weird...

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I think a big problem for Rip is that his program is based around very simple principles that he doesn't want to compromise in any way by adding new concepts/complexity. Unfortunately, that isn't conducive to growing a business. So, he has to find other stuff to market. Unfortunately, that other stuff is considered by many (myself included) to be a joke - his personality and equipment.

Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    Difference is, a classic car is meant to driven to Cars and Coffee once a week, during nice weather season. A rack is mean to be used at least a couple times a week year round. Also, a classic car is often an investment, and hedge against inflation. Very unlikely for a rack, unless you expect recurring pandemics going forward.
    Classic cars are not investments. They are a speculation that someone will pay more than you did. They are grossly overpriced and obsolete.

Again, I like classic cars. I drove souped up cars in high school. Just using them as a comparison that just cause somethings old doesn’t mean it’s useless.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I think a big problem for Rip is that his program is based around very simple principles that he doesn't want to compromise in any way by adding new concepts/complexity. Unfortunately, that isn't conducive to growing a business. So, he has to find other stuff to market. Unfortunately, that other stuff is considered by many (myself included) to be a joke - his personality and equipment.
    I don’t think he has to add anything. His program works. (Referring to the novice progression and a beginning lifter).

I,have no idea the motivation for the equipment sales. Maybe looking to cash in on the “movement”. Aging boomers wanting,to,avoid calling 911 to be picked off of a toilet?

Personally your competing against rogue, Titan, rep, etc. and since I’m guessing he’s getting a slice of the pie, then the equipment has to be priced so that Texas, and rip both make something.

And don’t forget the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I,thought he lost,his mind at first, but I admit the longer this covid thing goes on, the more I have to wonder,if the nut jobs were actually right.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lol at this thread still going. Seriously, that rack is terrible. Did you miss post about the northern lights option in Canada? Close to a R3. MUCH better than the channel rack.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    Lol at this thread still going. Seriously, that rack is terrible. Did you miss post about the northern lights option in Canada? Close to a R3. MUCH better than the channel rack.
    No, I caught that. Not sure what’s going on at fitness depot, but they don’t list the cross box racks anymore.

If I search cross box, I get all the components except 90” uprights.

I know they were having issues due to Ford lockdowns in ontario so maybe they are catching up?

Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    Did Rippetoe ever even acknowledge Glenn Pendlay's death? I don't think he did.

Pendlay helped write the original Practical Programming, did meets with Rippetoe, etc.

I know they had a falling out, but still, that's weird...
    No idea, I assume Rip's the type that once he has a falling out it's impossible for amends to be made. Granted, I may be 100% off on this.
    {5'7" and under #1}

1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Classic cars are not investments. They are a speculation that someone will pay more than you did. They are grossly overpriced and obsolete.
    The average returns on classic cars has far exceeded the key stock market indexes during its 10 year+ bull market run. Not exactly a the definition of a speculator’s market…
    []---[] Equipment Crew #73 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #78 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #20 ||---||

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can't believe this even warrants a discussion ...

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    It's not like the Equipment Forum is exactly overwhelmed with topics these days...and Rip brings out anger in many.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I mean, I guess if you really want an inferior rack that costs more money then go for it. I couldn't fathom why anyone would want it when it was announced (and I thought it was a joke) and still can't but it's your gym so you don't have to justify it to us.

Originally Posted by 1651Naismith View Post
    The average returns on classic cars has far exceeded the key stock market indexes during its 10 year+ bull market run. Not exactly a the definition of a speculator’s market…
    Once the old rich boomers are dead prices will plummet.

Again, price and value are not the same thing.

Cars have no value. They produce no income. They are poor investments.

Gold is the same. It’s only,worth what someone is willing to pay.

Show me any car on Barrett Jackson. I wouldn’t pay a dime more than,5k.

Once you factor depreciation, and lack of safety features, it’s a hunk of metal.

Couldn’t care less what “the market” returned. I’ve done far better and it wasn’t by “investing” in scrap metal.

And yet you,are participating?

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Buy it and post back your impressions of it.

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Buy it and post back your impressions of it.
    I would, but not @1400 plus shipping.

Who knows maybe one will pop up somewhere used. (Ss gyms closing,perhaps)

Gonna need mechs advice. NL is playing catch-up from covid lockdowns.

Just spoke to,rogue. They are now back to offering “custom” work.

I like the satin clear (prefer Sorinex “clear grind”)

If rogue can offer a bare steel rack any harm in leaving it bare steel? All my bars are bare steel. No,issues.

I’d get the look,of the SS rack but from rogue, and the same price but with storage

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And yet you,are participating?
    I wasn't referring to the thread itself. I was referring, specifically, to any discussion about whether or not the SS rack was worth purchasing.

Just spoke to,rogue. They are now back to offering “custom” work.

I like the satin clear (prefer Sorinex “clear grind”)

If rogue can offer a bare steel rack any harm in leaving it bare steel? All my bars are bare steel. No,issues.

I’d get the look,of the SS rack but from rogue, and the same price but with storage
    No harm in clearcoat. Bare steel, however, would rust in no time - unless you happen to have humidity tightly controlled in your home gym.

Once the old rich boomers are dead prices will plummet.

Again, price and value are not the same thing.

Cars have no value. They produce no income. They are poor investments.

Gold is the same. It’s only,worth what someone is willing to pay.

Show me any car on Barrett Jackson. I wouldn’t pay a dime more than,5k.

Once you factor depreciation, and lack of safety features, it’s a hunk of metal.

Couldn’t care less what “the market” returned. I’ve done far better and it wasn’t by “investing” in scrap metal.
    Cars have no value because they produce no income? What? lol The value of any given item is whatever the market determines it is, not what you personally determine it's worth. If Joe has 1,000 buyers willing to pay $50k for a given vehicle that you're only willing to pay $5k for, the market value is still $50k. My buddy purchased his house in NJ for $160k 3 years ago. He did nothing to it and just sold it for $485k several months ago. Why? The market decided it was worth that much. Is Bitcoin worth $45k? Yep. The market says it is. We can all speculate as to whether the value of any given item, commodity, property, etc. will appreciate/depreciate, but if you actually had all the answers you wouldn't be agonizing over pinching pennies to replace your 26 y/o residential quality rack with something decent.

I wasn't referring to the thread itself. I was referring, specifically, to any discussion about whether or not the SS rack was worth purchasing.

No harm in clearcoat. Bare steel, however, would rust in no time - unless you happen to have humidity tightly controlled in your home gym.

Cars have no value because they produce no income? What? lol The value of any given item is whatever the market determines it is, not what you personally determine it's worth. If Joe has 1,000 buyers willing to pay $50k for a given vehicle that you're only willing to pay $5k for, the market value is still $50k. My buddy purchased his house in NJ for $160k 3 years ago. He did nothing to it and just sold it for $485k several months ago. Why? The market decided it was worth that much. Is Bitcoin worth $45k? Yep. The market says it is. We can all speculate as to whether the value of any given item, commodity, property, etc. will appreciate/depreciate, but if you actually had all the answers you wouldn't be agonizing over pinching pennies to replace your 26 y/o residential quality rack with something decent.
    Bitcoin has no value. It,does not produce income. It’s,worth only what someone is willing to pay. In other,words it’s a speculation.

The end.

Keep on track

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, that escalated for absolutely no reason.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

No reason?

Really? Hurl insults and this is what happens.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I,just read the,snarky remark at the end.

Tell you what tough guy. Go ****,yourself. ****ing clown ass ****ing goof.

Seriously just,****,off. Piece of ****ing **** loser.

Still live with mom? Does she suck your cock?

Pussy
    Negged. At least try to sound intelligent if you are going to go off on someone.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No reason?

Really? Hurl insults and this is what happens.
    Someone as thin-skinned as you apparently are should limit your screen time.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16