Azzyeli is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New here just looking for info

So I'm new and this is my first time on a forum like this. Backstory for those interested

When I was young I did Mauy Thai kick boxing and gymnastics stayed in good shape. Now I'm older and have an office job and I'm fat in the middle. Not legs or arms. I did keto for a while and had tremendous success. It worked so well for me and I felt great. Problem is that's not a sustainable diet for me.

I'm getting back into working out (from home only) and I'm curious as to anyone on here's success or tips with losing middle fat. Also, I'm here sor some accountability.
    Last edited by Azzyeli; 09-20-2021 at 07:43 AM.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lift weights, count your calories and make sure you're in a caloric deficit

so pick a calorie number - 2500 is a good start - eat that every day, weigh yourself every morning and see what happens to your weight. adjust calories as necessary

if you don't want to do any resistance training and simply want to lose weight, that's fine too, but you'll also lose muscle and your overall body composition won't improve a lot

Azzyeli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    lift weights, count your calories and make sure you're in a caloric deficit

so pick a calorie number - 2500 is a good start - eat that every day, weigh yourself every morning and see what happens to your weight. adjust calories as necessary

if you don't want to do any resistance training and simply want to lose weight, that's fine too, but you'll also lose muscle and your overall body composition won't improve a lot
    Thank you. That's kind of what I've been doing. I don't like to travel to a gym but I am looking into getting a home gym

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Barbells don't have calorie counters, but a decent ball park is 200 cal per day for a 4 day split. Varies with your size and effort, but if you do more one day, you likely won't do as much the next. Longer workouts are likely less intense. I ran the mass distance watts math and it checks out.

So estimate 200 cal for your weight training unless you have a better estimate.

I'm doing a food diary for a week, counting my macros and calories. I weighed myself at the start and will weigh again. The idea is to find what my base metabolism is.

So far I found I'm at steady state and that my legs are not fit enough to burn 500 calories per day every day. I hope they can do 300, but I think I'll have to reduce my calories instead.

Get a gram scale for your food and take detailed records. Better to see what is going on early rather than wait 3 months and see little change.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As others have mentioned calorie counting is key, but you can't target belly fat or spot reduce, you can only place yourself in an overall caloric deficit and genetics will determine how/where the fat comes off.

The best thing you can do is get on a good strength training program which will prioritize fat loss over just "weight loss" while you're in a deficit.

Suggest you read the sticky threads at the top of this forum and the nutrition forum for more info.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.