RQ97 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Super Beginner..Help?!

I’m 24. 6’2 305lbs. Not sure my size but I wear 40-42 waist..
    I’ve never been to a gym for long or been able to keep on a diet.
    Some more info:
    Self employed as of recently so income is unknown. I can’t exactly budget for the week for groceries because bills are always right around the corner…and I’m often left with maybe $20 sometimes.
    I need help overcoming gym anxiety.
    I need help forming a workout because I’m not familiar whatsoever with how things work at all..
    I need guidance on forming a diet.
    Most importantly I need help finding my motivation. It’s so easy to fall off the wagon..

I don’t know if lifting would help, I don’t know if I need to just hammer out a f—k load of cardio.

Any help, tips, advice, motivation, whatever, is appreciated.

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wow - k - none of this meant to sound like you are less intelligent - dont know your frame of reference, so just giving it to you the way i give it to my kiddos.

not sure if you understand forums either, but stickies are at the top of forum topics and subtopics - have a sticky note emoji....and here are some to start with....(go back to first post in a thread if you want continuity....really important on the old stickies that have been around for years in order to get the actual info referenced there)

first one is the just started cut challenge group - you should consider joining - weekly weigh ins and motivation from ppl doing it too: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=180591483

basic fat loss starter info: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

section with several novice lifting programs: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

more basic nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=136691851

counting cals: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

a lot of ppl here like to use my fitness pal - i prefer cronometer - for app/website to enter things consumed. ALWAYS weigh with a kitchen scale - measuring with cups and eyeballing with pinch, dash, and handfuls does not work. i think best plan is to actually just do you for a week and input all of it - to get an idea where you are. then use the fat loss starter above to figure out TDEE (or just google a tdee calculator) and begin to eat in a caloric deficit (less than what you need to maintain current weight). dont try and lose all of it in 3 months - took time to gain, will take time to lose. i am learning about losing 10% and then doing a maintenance period for a bit before continuing to cut, right now. studies show that you have a better chance of long term success this way.

k - that should help for a bit.

make sure you eat enough protein once you start. you likely have a lot of lean body mass and the more you can hold onto whilst cutting, the better for you long term

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What she said ^^^.

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    What she said ^^^.
    awe thx!