Gainz4BROdin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Beginner advice/help needed

Hi guys

Male, in my 30s, wanna get into lifting to get into shape. Used to lift but it has been a while. Ive got a big amount of fat to drop so I guess I shall be going on a fatloss journey which will probably take a while (weighing now 226, might be abit higher since i am on a 2 week honeymoon trip on Greece so will have to see when I get back home the 27th and fat% might be above 25%)
    Grew tired of postponing my goals and wanna start as soon as I get back home. Guess my kcal intake will be aprox 2.2/2.3k kcals but right now breaking my head in which training to do. Been reading here and on reddit, readed some topics and 2 have come to mind at this moment, 531 for beginners with FSL and cardio, progression seems slow and maybe doable for my long road in fatloss, another one was eric helms novice bb routine, volume also seems doable, 2 days focus on strength and 2 days on volume and 531 is FB, got both books from Jim Wendler and Eric helms and reading them now aswell and are enjoyable to read too.

Any advice or things you guys might point out for me? Or any other routines you might recommend or input on the ones I mentioned. Any advice/help is greatly appreciated

Bump for the US side

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First of all congratulations on your union. I just tied the knot myself and recently got home from my honeymoon (vacations never last as king as we want them to…)

As far as your question about what program, any reputable beginner program will do. We have Fierce 5 up in the stickies that is popular. I personally started out with 5/3/1 and enjoyed it before bouncing around a bunch. I’m not even sure how many variations of it there is nowadays. Find something enjoyable and make it habit!

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    First of all congratulations on your union. I just tied the knot myself and recently got home from my honeymoon (vacations never last as king as we want them to…)

As far as your question about what program, any reputable beginner program will do. We have Fierce 5 up in the stickies that is popular. I personally started out with 5/3/1 and enjoyed it before bouncing around a bunch. I’m not even sure how many variations of it there is nowadays. Find something enjoyable and make it habit!
    Congrats for you aswell my dude! I know right, but atleast we get to have and enjoy them

5/3/1 has my interest tbh, just cause like I said my fatloss will probably take some months and maybe the slower progression might help that way. Just got the 2nd edition hard copy book, heard alot about the forever book so might end up buying that one aswell
    I tried slowly doing some compounds before heading out on vacation, my lifts were as follow:
    Squats 165lbs
    Deadlifts 187lbs
    Bench press 115.5lbs
    Overhead press 82.5lbs
    All of them were 3x5
    Also full body might not be bad that way I could use my rest days for light cardio (or prowler pushes like JW recommends and my gym has one but its a really short length so will try maybe short and explosive?) Also his extra pull/push/single leg/core addition look pretty good for me to begin with and I reckon arms get enough workload to begin with
    Heard alot of good stuff from Eric Helms aswell, and his novice bb program looks nice too, not too much stuff but some nice extras and also its upper/lower so not sure which might be best to start with as a beginner, I can go 4x to the gym that is no issue. I also looked at F5 just now and ngl also looks pretty good. If I am not sure which program I wanna do, should I start with one, try it for how long? If not my thing switch? Wanna follow one consistent and not jump around since ive been reading that thats not good for your muscle retention (I might be wrong, as I am a noob)
    How do I know which program is a reputable beginner one?
    Last edited by Gainz4BROdin; 09-20-2021 at 12:39 AM.

Anyone else care to give their thoughts on this? Would be appreciated