Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User JoeinNEO's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2020
    Age: 51
    Posts: 11
    Rep Power: 0
    JoeinNEO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JoeinNEO is offline

    Cryotherapy & Lyme Disease

    My body has not been functional since March of 2020. The short story is that my muscles stopped functioning (no pump, sluggish, joint pain, dull soreness) and I tested for chronic Lyme and tick based diseases last fall (2020). Have done about a year of treatments, including antibiotics, dietary changes, and supplements. My symptoms are not as severe but my body is still fundamentally not working the way it used to.

    I am looking for any answers or hope. I’ve researched Cryotherapy a little bit. The cold temperatures are supposed repair muscles. Does anyone here have any experience with cryotherapy? Did you use it to treat chronic problems?

    It is relatively cheap so I’m willing to at least try it.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User Szyszak's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 162
    Rep Power: 75
    Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Szyszak is offline
    Originally Posted by JoeinNEO View Post
    My body has not been functional since March of 2020. The short story is that my muscles stopped functioning (no pump, sluggish, joint pain, dull soreness) and I tested for chronic Lyme and tick based diseases last fall (2020). Have done about a year of treatments, including antibiotics, dietary changes, and supplements. My symptoms are not as severe but my body is still fundamentally not working the way it used to.

    I am looking for any answers or hope. I’ve researched Cryotherapy a little bit. The cold temperatures are supposed repair muscles. Does anyone here have any experience with cryotherapy? Did you use it to treat chronic problems?

    It is relatively cheap so I’m willing to at least try it.

    Are you sure the lyme disease is the cause of your pain? Becuase I was told the same back in 2016, the test for lyme went possitive and my doctor tried to convience me that's the reason of my chronic joint pain but turns out it was something completlely different. All pain came from muscle imbalance. I educated myself, fix it and 5 years alter I lifting heavy pain free.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User JoeinNEO's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2020
    Age: 51
    Posts: 11
    Rep Power: 0
    JoeinNEO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JoeinNEO is offline
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    Are you sure the lyme disease is the cause of your pain? Becuase I was told the same back in 2016, the test for lyme went possitive and my doctor tried to convience me that's the reason of my chronic joint pain but turns out it was something completlely different. All pain came from muscle imbalance. I educated myself, fix it and 5 years alter I lifting heavy pain free.
    I have wondered the same thing myself. From what I understand there are 2 different types of Lyme tests. I tested negative for “live” Lyme which indicates recent infection. I tested positive on an antibody test. I saw every specialist at the hospital until I finally saw an independent doctor who did the Lyme tests. He prescribed the antibiotics and germ killing supplements. Ive asked him several times if there could be anything else causing all these problems.

    I got a muscle biopsy, and an EMG test (the one where they stick needles in you) last summer and i recently had an MRI. They found no myopathies or any other problems but i am still wondering what could be wrong.

    What exactly were the muscle imbalances you were dealing with? Could you explain that?

    thanks for the response.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User Szyszak's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 162
    Rep Power: 75
    Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Szyszak is offline
    Originally Posted by JoeinNEO View Post
    I have wondered the same thing myself. From what I understand there are 2 different types of Lyme tests. I tested negative for “live” Lyme which indicates recent infection. I tested positive on an antibody test. I saw every specialist at the hospital until I finally saw an independent doctor who did the Lyme tests. He prescribed the antibiotics and germ killing supplements. Ive asked him several times if there could be anything else causing all these problems.

    I got a muscle biopsy, and an EMG test (the one where they stick needles in you) last summer and i recently had an MRI. They found no myopathies or any other problems but i am still wondering what could be wrong.

    What exactly were the muscle imbalances you were dealing with? Could you explain that?

    thanks for the response.
    Because of cue "back and down" given by trainers and physio I lost proper function in my upper trap. My shoulder was dropped down and anteriory tilted causing lots of problem with scapula (scapula dyskinesis). First symptom was shoulder pain. After my elbow started to be painful, my neck my all joints were cracking and I noticed even my hands are cold in some positions.I was blindly believe to doctor It's becuase of "lyme" disease. After I find out that becuase of scapula dyskinesis was untreated I got thoracic oultet syndrome, that even my one hand become weaker. After good ammount of googling and proper exercises I managed to fix all of these issues.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User JoeinNEO's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2020
    Age: 51
    Posts: 11
    Rep Power: 0
    JoeinNEO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JoeinNEO is offline
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    Because of cue "back and down" given by trainers and physio I lost proper function in my upper trap. My shoulder was dropped down and anteriory tilted causing lots of problem with scapula (scapula dyskinesis). First symptom was shoulder pain. After my elbow started to be painful, my neck my all joints were cracking and I noticed even my hands are cold in some positions.I was blindly believe to doctor It's becuase of "lyme" disease. After I find out that becuase of scapula dyskinesis was untreated I got thoracic oultet syndrome, that even my one hand become weaker. After good ammount of googling and proper exercises I managed to fix all of these issues.
    Appreciate you sharing this info with me. I’ve definitely been there were doctors give an answer that you know is unsatisfactory. Whatever my problems are the are definitely systemic rather than acute. Glad to hear you were able to resolve your issues. It seems clear to me that I did have a tick infection at some point but I’m not sold on the idea that it is the cause of all of my symptoms and bodily disfunction.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User Szyszak's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 162
    Rep Power: 75
    Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Szyszak is offline
    Originally Posted by JoeinNEO View Post
    Appreciate you sharing this info with me. I’ve definitely been there were doctors give an answer that you know is unsatisfactory. Whatever my problems are the are definitely systemic rather than acute. Glad to hear you were able to resolve your issues. It seems clear to me that I did have a tick infection at some point but I’m not sold on the idea that it is the cause of all of my symptoms and bodily disfunction.
    Did you have erythema? Cause I never saw one but I also spent lots of time at forest.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User JoeinNEO's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2020
    Age: 51
    Posts: 11
    Rep Power: 0
    JoeinNEO is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JoeinNEO is offline
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    Did you have erythema? Cause I never saw one but I also spent lots of time at forest.
    No I not that I ever remembered. Apparently many people get no rash at all. I have also spent a lot of time outside, so it’s definitely plausible.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts