Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Oceanside has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    In theory I agree with following the chain of command but also how many times have we heard or read people questioning why all of the nazi's went along with the orders to exterminate millions even though surely more than a few knew it was wrong? What if some of those nazi soldiers had stood up and said "enough is enough"?
    It's not a chain of Command issue...

It's an insubordination issue as defined by the UCMJ..

I'm confident the overwhelming majority of Scheller's fellow officers thinks he pushed the limit by posting the second vid.

NorwichGrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NorwichGrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NorwichGrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NorwichGrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NorwichGrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NorwichGrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NorwichGrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NorwichGrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NorwichGrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NorwichGrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) NorwichGrad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Was the LTC really stupid?

From the standpoint of “Imma lose my commission and retirement and I have three years to go to earn that gubmint cheese. But imma risk it all.” Then yes, the LTC is stupid for not keeping his mouth shut and earn that gubmint cheese and perhaps a position as a member of the board of directors at General Dynamics.

But he is a hero to me because he had the ballz to say “fukk my retirement and that goddamn stolen gubmint cheese retirement because I am a man of honor.”

He stood on principle.

Do you know how many retired field grade officers I know who actually share my views but they would rather keep quiet because they don’t want to lose benefits? I personally know several. In fact, one of them, served several tours with the 82nd in Iraq and ended up becoming the Professor of Military Science at a college in Upstate New York told me himself he ‘felt like a coward’ for not speaking out regarding gubmint corruption.

This LTC represents many officers who are sick of the criminal system.

Somebody had to take the lead.

And a fine Officer of Marines took the lead.

OOH-fukken-RAH!!!

That’s a hero.

He’ll be fine financially. Many Patriots will donate to GoFundMe.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

LWW is a name known to all. (+5000) LWW is a name known to all. (+5000) LWW is a name known to all. (+5000) LWW is a name known to all. (+5000) LWW is a name known to all. (+5000) LWW is a name known to all. (+5000) LWW is a name known to all. (+5000) LWW is a name known to all. (+5000) LWW is a name known to all. (+5000) LWW is a name known to all. (+5000) LWW is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Was the LTC really stupid?

From the standpoint of “Imma lose my commission and retirement and I have three years to go to earn that gubmint cheese. But imma risk it all.” Then yes, the LTC is stupid for not keeping his mouth shut and earn that gubmint cheese and perhaps a position as a member of the board of directors at General Dynamics.

But he is a hero to me because he had the ballz to say “fukk my retirement and that goddamn stolen gubmint cheese retirement because I am a man of honor.”

He stood on principle.

Do you know how many retired field grade officers I know who actually share my views but they would rather keep quiet because they don’t want to lose benefits? I personally know several. In fact, one of them, served several tours with the 82nd in Iraq and ended up becoming the Professor of Military Science at a college in Upstate New York told me himself he ‘felt like a coward’ for not speaking out regarding gubmint corruption.

This LTC represents many officers who are sick of the criminal system.

Somebody had to take the lead.

And a fine Officer of Marines took the lead.

OOH-fukken-RAH!!!

That’s a hero.

He’ll be fine financially. Many Patriots will donate to GoFundMe.

Excellent post!

There is more power in numbers. Once the sheep become fighters and killers for the dictators they like the cheese, but eventually the dictator will throw them to the wolves, these commandos better kill the leader while they got the chance, but that takes a risk to throw it all away right now, instead of waiting to get thrown to the wolves...........

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    which has nothing to do with a commissioned officer publicly questioning a senior officer in what amounts to the press...

try to stay on topic

Focus !
    Actually one of the biggest scandals during the Vietnam War was when Colonel David Hackworth went on live TV (ABC's "Issues and Answers") and explained why the Vietnam War was unwinnable and why the United States Army was essentially leading their young men to slaughter.

This was no admin guy either, Hackworth was arguably one of the most beloved and decorated infantry officers of his day, and was scheduled to go to War College to become a one star general.

And he was 100% correct. But same results. He had to retire or face military discipline. And the same mistakes we were making then that he pointed out were later made in Afghanistan and Iraq yet again.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Oceanside View Post
    It's not a chain of Command issue...

It's an insubordination issue as defined by the UCMJ..

I'm confident the overwhelming majority of Scheller's fellow officers thinks he pushed the limit by posting the second vid.
    I haven't seen the second video yet, so I won't comment on that.

I will say that Captain Brett Crozier of the USS Theodore Roosevelt did the same when he said COVID was negatively affecting his crew, and he too got squashed for his efforts as they claim he "overreacted". About 17% of his crew tested positive for COVID so he wasn't wrong.

Sometimes a leader with principles may have to be the one to push back, because who else is going to fight for these guys?

"A commander-in-chief cannot take as an excuse for his mistakes in warfare an order given by his sovereign or his minister, when the person giving the order is absent from the field of operations and is imperfectly aware or wholly unaware of the latest state of affairs. It follows that any commander-in-chief who undertakes to carry out a plan which he considers defective is at fault; he must put forward his reasons, insist on the plan being changed, and finally tender his resignation rather than be the instrument of his army's downfall.” - A little French guy who was really good at fighting wars.