mixitup1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mixitup1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mixitup1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mixitup1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mixitup1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mixitup1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mixitup1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I eat less on rest/off days?

Hello All,

7 weeks ago I changed job and went from a desk job where I barely moved doing 4000 steps on a good day to a job in a warehouse doing 30000 steps or about 15 to 17 KM a day fast walking and lifting boxes from 10 to 15 kilos all day.

Because of this I started to loose a lot of wait, in the 7 weeks I lost 4 kilos, I adjusted my diet gradually to at least now keep my body wait,
    but what should I do in the week ends? I do not work nor train those days, would you cut the calories on those days and if so what %?

Thanks
    Nic

Registered User userFCLDC07NKMW's Avatar
    userFCLDC07NKMW is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depends what you're trying to do, if you want to bulk up then I would eat my daily maintenance calories plus an extra couple of hundred of calories, on rest days. On workout days i would eat daily maintenance and an extra 300 plus. Personally I find the nutrition side of things and eating enough for muscle gain, more challenging then lifting weights.

Originally Posted by mixitup1 View Post
    Hello All,

7 weeks ago I changed job and went from a desk job where I barely moved doing 4000 steps on a good day to a job in a warehouse doing 30000 steps or about 15 to 17 KM a day fast walking and lifting boxes from 10 to 15 kilos all day.

Because of this I started to loose a lot of wait, in the 7 weeks I lost 4 kilos, I adjusted my diet gradually to at least now keep my body wait,
    but what should I do in the week ends? I do not work nor train those days, would you cut the calories on those days and if so what %?

Thanks
    Nic

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You grow on rest days too - so I would keep it simple and have the same calorie intake each day. Your weight training workout doesn't increase your calorie burn by as much as many people think so it's not worth worrying about (especially since you have a very active job - it's even less significant and more important that you eat enough)

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mixitup1 View Post

Nic

What a load of BS...

We have more than enough evidence and studies proving that increased exercise doesn't increase calorie needs. You're just trolling.

JK. But for real... just eat the same thing every day, keep it simple.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"