Pops1085 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pops1085 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pops1085 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pops1085 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pops1085 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pops1085 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pops1085 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pops1085 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pops1085 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pops1085 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pops1085 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting a stiff neck after high bar squats.

Hey guys so I’ve been transitioning from mainly doing low bar squats to high bar and I’ve been having some issues with having a stiff neck afterward. I’m not a new lifter, and can squat just under 500.

When I setup, I’ve been trying to keep it off my neck by shrugging the shoulders up. I think I instinctively press up with my hands a bit too. I’m not sure if I should be trying to raise the elbows in the back or not.

Anyways is there any advice or questions you guys might have that could help me correct this issue? I squat 2x a week but once I go beyond 275 then I begin to have issues.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It sounds like a simple case of a lot of pressure on the traps.

I really like overhead barbell shrugging. It enables you to work the muscle through a full range of motion with a smooth action - which I think is essential to free moving muscles. Unlike conventional shrugs, it's much more focused on the upper traps and you need much less weight so it has a smaller impact on your total workload.

Really get those scapulae moving up and down from a fully depressed to a fully elevated position.