Shakewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakewhey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking - fat intake ?

Hey, i have a question. I know that everyone suggest high carb/moderate protein and low fat diet for lean bulk. Most of articles and videos says that fat is easily stored as bodyfat and low-fat bulk will let you eliminate too much fat gain. Is that true, or not ? Im on lean bulk 300 calories surplus, and sometimes i just had more fat instead of carbs, will it really make me gain more fat ?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    They don't all suggest low fat.

Those who aren't stuck in the 1980s know that eating fat doesn't make you fat - only an excess of calories does that (from any source).

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not true, it doesn't matter if you do low carb high fat or high carb low fat. just make sure you're getting at least 0.7 grams of protein and 0.4 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    They don't all suggest low fat.

Those who aren't stuck in the 1980s know that eating fat doesn't make you fat - only an excess of calories does that (from any source).
    Not that I was alive in the 80s, but I always found the blurred distinction between bodyfat and dietary fat to be more a feature of the 90s, from the titles of diet books published at the time I remember seeing when I was little.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Shakewhey View Post
    Hey, i have a question. I know that everyone suggest high carb/moderate protein and low fat diet for lean bulk. Most of articles and videos says that fat is easily stored as bodyfat and low-fat bulk will let you eliminate too much fat gain. Is that true, or not ? Im on lean bulk 300 calories surplus, and sometimes i just had more fat instead of carbs, will it really make me gain more fat ?
    Fat being 'easily stored' doesn't mean you'll gain more fat... it depends on the conditions you're in (calorie-wise), because whether it's too much fat or too many carbs or even (to a lesser extent) too much protein, it's all energy at the end of the day... and excess energy will get converted by some means into fat tissue.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Not that I was alive in the 80s, but I always found the blurred distinction between bodyfat and dietary fat to be more a feature of the 90s, from the titles of diet books published at the time I remember seeing when I was little.
    Alot of the bodybuilders in the 80s ate fairly low carb for 6 days a week, had a day of anything goes. Meals were often things like a hamburger, fried eggs, cottage cheese, sliced tomatoes, lettuce
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Fat ol man with 21.5 inch arms pushing for that 1500 pound club mark.

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No...In fact, a moderate amount of fat may help cut down on fat gain as it helps keeps your blood sugar levels in check. A higher protein intake helps but not as well as healthy fats; your body simply digests that fat slower which cuts back on blood sugar spikes. I'm not suggesting you go ape-chit with your fat intake but there's nothing wrong with choosing chicken thighs over breasts when bulking (or cutting for that matter). Hell, I'm cutting right now and I found sirloin steaks on sale so I bought a family pack. They've been a protein staple for the last few weeks.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    The low fat, high protein, high carb diet was the rage in the 90's and it made my life miserable. You can only eat so many chicken breasts and sweet potatoes before you lose your mind.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Shakewhey View Post
    Fat gain is a product of a surplus of overall weekly calories and nothing more
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough