AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Vivid Dreams on a Bulk

You guys get this at all?

I've been in a surplus for a bit now, but recently I bumped calories and boy oh boy my dreams are extremely vivid ATM...

Like the kind when you wake up wondering if that shyt actually happened.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes. I’m currently experiencing the same thing because I recently upped my cals. I really don’t know what the cause is, but it happens every time I eat enough to gain. I’m really not a fan, but it usually only lasts a couple weeks at most.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Yes. I’m currently experiencing the same thing because I recently upped my cals. I really don’t know what the cause is, but it happens every time I eat enough to gain. I’m really not a fan, but it usually only lasts a couple weeks at most.
    Good to know im not alone.

It's not a massive issue per se, but it does kind of throw my mornings off a little bit.

I've suspected that perhaps it's due to increased carbohydrate driving brain activity during REM sleep... but I'm not sure. I mean I guess the extra energy has to be used somewhere, and maybe part of it goes to serotonin or something.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never noticed an association between increasing calories and dreams, but I consistently eat about 3,000 or more already, so I wouldn't offer much of a control against it.

That said, I have been having more odd, vivid dreams lately: last night in particular, one that was eerie and disturbing in a quiescent way. I remarked on it earlier today, and attributed it potentially to the excessive ghost chili salsa, which had other repercussions...
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Never noticed an association between increasing calories and dreams, but I consistently eat about 3,000 or more already, so I wouldn't offer much of a control against it.

That said, I have been having more odd, vivid dreams lately: last night in particular, one that was eerie and disturbing in a quiescent way. I remarked on it earlier today, and attributed it potentially to the excessive ghost chili salsa, which had other repercussions...
    Did you dream about ice cream enemas ?

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    No, I've been bothered lately about my grandpa dying; he lost both of his own brothers within a month last year, and has aged incredibly fast since then. He's still in good health and might well live another decade or more, but I am close to him and it's unsettling to think about, even though obviously a reality we all have to face with our loved ones and ourselves, sooner or later. He was holding my baby cousin, who is a small child, and smiling, and I was playing with a dog I'd watched growing up who has already died. It was just weird and ominous...

Then there was the more typical dream stuff where I had to defend my family with a crow bar from people attacking us.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good to know im not alone.

It's not a massive issue per se, but it does kind of throw my mornings off a little bit.

I've suspected that perhaps it's due to increased carbohydrate driving brain activity during REM sleep... but I'm not sure. I mean I guess the extra energy has to be used somewhere, and maybe part of it goes to serotonin or something.
    It feels like it takes me A LOT longer to actually "wake up" mentally when I dream like that. Your carbohydrate theory makes a lot of sense. I can also say this about the opposite situation...low carb DESTROYS my ability to sleep. By "low carb", I don't mean keto or anything either, but more like under 250-300g and I won't be sleeping. It's one of the many reasons I could NEVER see myself even considering doing a low carb diet or, God forbid, keto. Given my food preferences, I don't even think I could do keto if I wanted to. Delicious though they are, there's only so much salmon and avocado I could eat.

...but...why?!??!

Then there was the more typical dream stuff where I had to defend my family with a crow bar from people attacking us.
    LMAO My typical dream stuff actually tends to revolve around me defending myself and other people with a crow bar from my family attacking us. Srs.

LMAO My typical dream stuff actually tends to revolve around me defending myself and other people with a crow bar from my family attacking us. Srs.
    That's actually quite interesting... The general instinct to protect people from danger makes sense, but the specific weapon matching is a head-scratcher.

That's actually quite interesting... The general instinct to protect people from danger makes sense, but the specific weapon matching is a head-scratcher.
    It makes sense to me. I've had dreams where I use either a yes a crow bar, a bat, a knife, my fists, or guns as weapons. Crow bars are usually given to you in video games & the like, so I assume that's why my mind goes there. Matter of fact, I've had more than a few dreams where I dual wield uzis like the dude from Hard Boiled. This is, of course, not even possible in real life. I chalk this up to playing too many video games as a kid

...but...why?!??!
    He mentioned ghost peppers!

It makes sense to me. I've had dreams where I use either a yes a crow bar, a bat, a knife, my fists, or guns as weapons. Crow bars are usually given to you in video games & the like, so I assume that's why my mind goes there. Matter of fact, I've had more than a few dreams where I dual wield uzis like the dude from Hard Boiled. This is, of course, not even possible in real life. I chalk this up to playing too many video games as a kid
    Yep, that's probably it... I guess we both grew up in the same era with the same media. Crow bars and people attacking you in sequence are certainly the stuff of video games lol.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think its typical when you change a routine, eating habits included. Either you get more REM sleep or are awakened mid cycle and you just happen to remember it more clearly than usual. It usually only lasts a few days for me.

You have a point about video games. I sometimes see my weapon like first person GTA style game and the weapon may switch in the blink of an eye. And I will sometimes walk up to cabs and rip the driver out. I’m usually not defending anyone, usually out causing mayhem.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Strawng that may be a sign you watch peaky blinders before bed. Lol

Generally, I have more vivid dreams when my sleep is not of great quality. Even more so when it is interrupted with frequent waking/tossing turning. This can be caused by stress, room temperature, too much caffeine, medication changes and diet.

Diet generally effects my sleep when say I have something that’s harder to digest before bed. Like a bunch of veggies, super spicy foods, msg, really oily/acidic foods or really anything that I am sensitive to or intolerant to. Also a very heavy meal before bed makes me sweat all night and I can’t sleep at all if I am hungry. Sometimes I just wake up in the middle of the night craving crackers/bread etc and have to eat that or I can’t go back to sleep.

I think if your delta sleep … deep sleep that comes after the rem stage… or even the rem sleep stages are disturbed, you are slightly more conscious during your dreams making them easier to remember and vivid. Also, for me, more likely to have sleep paralysis which is horrible.

Most my vivid dreams are pretty horrific nightmares. But I have ptsd lol generally I die over and over and over in a loop and can’t wake up
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyone here remember Vivid movies?
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had a bad shoulder and wasn't sleeping great so I started taking magnesium and it gave me really vivid dreams

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    I had a bad shoulder and wasn't sleeping great so I started taking magnesium and it gave me really vivid dreams
    it also will make you poop
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    it also will make you poop
    People say that about protein bars but it was never an issue for me. When I go from bulk to cut (or vice versa) I either become slightly constipated or do massive turds that completely block the toilet, but after a couple of weeks normal bowel movements seem to return