Thread: Help please

reza1122 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help please

Hey guys thanks for all the recent help and back with some more questions.

So my pt/coach had me on maintenance last month at about 2550 calories 246.8 protein, a minimum of 56.4 fats and a minimum of 169 carbs with 4x20min cardio sessions a week and 3 days on 1 day off split. Prior to this I was on the same macros but a calorie count of 2350 for the day and doing 4x20mins and 1x1hour cardio a week.

He thinks I may be carb sensitive as I'm holding some stubborn fat on my lower stomach and lower back fat areas while everything else has firmed up quite nicely.

He wants to trial this diet:

Meal 1 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites and¹ 40g avocado

Meal 2 1 banana 130g (pre workout)

Meal 3 300g chicken breast 200g white potatoes and a teaspoon of olive oil

Meal 4 200g cod 100g greens and 80g avocado

Meal 5 2 scoops whey isolate

Meal 6 300g chicken breast 100g greens and 80g avocado

I'm still on the 3 days on 1 day off split. Cardio is now 20 mins 6 times a week.

What's your guys thoughts on this. Diet wise I'm finding it quite a struggle and can really feel the difference with little carbs in me.

My daily numbers are now : 2226 calories 329.85 protein 67.9 fats and 70.05 carbs
    Last edited by reza1122; 09-15-2021 at 11:35 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It isn't necessary to eat on such a strict rotation - there would be no difference if you had the same calories / macros spread across just 3 meals a day for example.

There was an old myth doing the rounds a few years (decades?) ago saying that 6 meals a day boost your metabolism or some such theory. This has since been debunked.

reza1122 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It isn't necessary to eat on such a strict rotation - there would be no difference if you had the same calories / macros spread across just 3 meals a day for example.

There was an old myth doing the rounds a few years (decades?) ago saying that 6 meals a day boost your metabolism or some such theory. This has since been debunked.
    Hey Suffolk thanks for your great advice as always. At the end of my maintenance phase I was sitting at 72.8kg and on this diet I'm about 6 days in and I'm now 70.8kg.

I'm happy eating smaller meals more frequently as I think I've got a smaller stomach than most lol but my god the food choices are so bland and boring. I think k he just wants to gauge my sensitivity towards carbs as trying to shed these last bits of fat I.e lower back and love handles