pj112 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fierce 5 deload question - resetting weights query

After deloading (taking 4-7 days completely off), dropping 15% (reset)

Wanted to check after deloading on Fierce 5, is the dropping 15% (reset) required on ALL exercises or just the failed exercises?

Thanks

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just the failed exercise iirc, but if you've trained for like 12 weeks straight and are stalling on multiple lifts, i'd just do a deload week, then 2-3 weeks of slightly lower weight and reps before hitting your pre-deload weights again and hopefully making progress

EDIT: i didn't realize you said after deloading, so apparently you've just deloaded. yes, resetting is just one lift and deloading is essentially a reset for every lift

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    just the failed exercise iirc, but if you've trained for like 12 weeks straight and are stalling on multiple lifts, i'd just do a deload week, then 2-3 weeks of slightly lower weight and reps before hitting your pre-deload weights again and hopefully making progress

EDIT: i didn't realize you said after deloading, so apparently you've just deloaded. yes, resetting is just one lift and deloading is essentially a reset for every lift
    Thanks for the input. Well I deloaded on week 6 and plan to take a 4 day deload this week as I failed Pendlay row (57.5kg) for the second time today.
    On top of the Pendlay row, I failed bench press last week and I have just been maintaining on my front squat for the last few weeks.

Lifts that are progressing is it wise to go straight into that weight (from the last workout) after a deload? Or should one reset the weight slightly say by 5%?

Angry

A few other Fierce 5 threada getting a lot of advice - such an unhelpful forum!

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pj112 View Post
    A few other Fierce 5 threada getting a lot of advice - such an unhelpful forum!
    I haven't followed the program specifically, but IIRC it contains specific instructions for this scenario.

In general though, I would attempt the same thing after a deload if the failure was close.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"