Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

What exercises do you prefer to use partial ranges of motion?

Just curious to get everyone's thoughts. In general research favors using a full range of motion for hypertrophy but I think it's completely viable to use a full range of motion for some movements and a shortened range of motion for others, particularly when it will allow heavier loads to be used. This can be helpful for people with pain issues due to osteoarthritis or recovery from injury, to work more on acceleration/ballistic components for athleticism, to overload certain portions of a movement to bring up a weak point (ie, board presses), to train more functionally specific movements (ie, partial range of motion curls for arm wrestling), etc. If and how do you all incorporate them into your training?

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    “Full rom” depends on the individual. I prefer the term “active range of motion”, not going into passive or active insufficiency.

Not knocking your question, but a lot of people don’t understand “full rom” and knock anything that they perceive to be a partial rom.

As far as using partials in my own training, I use them from the time to time when the mood strikes, usually for free weight chest, hamstring and delt exercises, and leg presses to keep tension on the target musculature.
    Last edited by BeginnerGainz; 09-13-2021 at 07:17 PM.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I keep a bend in my knees at the top of sissy squats and stop chest flyes above my shoulders. Tension is lost if I use a more complete ROM for those two. I used to not lock out OHP/Arnold press due to shoulder discomfort, but since I switched to doing them one arm at a time, lockout is no problem. No clue why.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I try to use a full range of motion where possible / safe.

I'm happy to let it shorten towards the end of the set for the sake of overloading all parts of the ROM

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I try to use a full range of motion where possible / safe.

I'm happy to let it shorten towards the end of the set for the sake of overloading all parts of the ROM
    Me too.

I suppose squat is one major outlier, since full range of motion there is technically ATG so parallel would be partial against that by definition.

Currently I'm debating whether OHP should stop at the low end just underneath the chin or touch the collarbone.

Everything else I've always tried to do a complete RoM with as a conscious point.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In my head I go full ROM for all exercises. More realistically, I probably lose ROM at the end of a set. I used to stop when I cannot get full ROM, but lately I've been pushing for a few extra reps even if they're not full ROM (e.g. cable rows) for accessory exercises since the cost of failure is low. I wouldn't do it for squats for example - once ROM shortens I stop the set.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've seen/read some valid videos/articles on using modified ROM to overcome plateaus. It loads the portion of muscles that are ready for the weight and allows you to mentally get used to the weight.

So, to answer your question: primary lifts like squat or bench
    AP7 Crew
    Rogue Home Gym Crew
    Officecel Crew
    Motorcycle Crew

“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful.”
    ― Eric Thomas, The Secret to Success

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The only time I’d ever intentionally use a partial ROM would be in a metabolic type sequence at the end of a workout with the specific goal of overloading certain parts of the range

Ie:

A1 Cable Fly top half (overload short position)
    A2 DB fly bottom half (overloads lengthened)
    A3 smith floor press in the mid range with whatever is left

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have seen one fella doing upper range of motion on bench press by incorporating rack, which was set up high. I asked why, and his "hypothesis" was that this is where knockout power comes from, for his punches. From strength in this last portion of rom. He is in martial arts of some sort, seen him in boxing gym, but I think he was more of MMA kind.

I asked one physiotherapist/kinesiologist about whether strength in any particular portion of rom can be trained independently, but the fella mumbled something incoherent in response, all I could make up from it that there is no straight answer. Or he didn't know and was shy to admit it.

I myself was trying to train the strength in lower rom for squat and bench press. Basically for both it involved going light and oscillating near sticky point where I usually fail. There is more freedom on BP, up and down and also let the bar wonder closer to chin and lower to end of rib cage. Painful, and long sets of bouncing around failure point. Was fun, and I still do it sometimes because it looks cool. Questionable results though.

Another partials come to mind, is bicep curls on incline bench, but I bet it can be setup for tri's or any other muscle group. Basically, it is partial because force curve is such that it is hardest at near end of rom, one way or the other. Triceps kickbacks are bone fide partials, it doesn't matter that forearms makes a full rom, there is no resistance at one end and max out on the other.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    Another partials come to mind, is bicep curls on incline bench, but I bet it can be setup for tri's or any other muscle group. Basically, it is partial because force curve is such that it is hardest at near end of rom, one way or the other. Triceps kickbacks are bone fide partials, it doesn't matter that forearms makes a full rom, there is no resistance at one end and max out on the other.
    It's not really at the "end of the rom" but with the same motion generation of the biceps that pulls at that broad of an angle. The general dumbbell curl motion at standing gives it much more precise leveraging from the external rotators and surrounding back muscles to be able to control and grip with a lot more attention using power from the biceps. I think you lose upper trap stabilization with the incline bench.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ive done it for bench, incline too. Saves the joints.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

jordy59 is not very well liked. (-100) jordy59 is not very well liked. (-100) jordy59 is not very well liked. (-100) jordy59 is not very well liked. (-100) jordy59 is not very well liked. (-100) jordy59 is not very well liked. (-100) jordy59 is not very well liked. (-100) jordy59 is not very well liked. (-100) jordy59 is not very well liked. (-100) jordy59 is not very well liked. (-100) jordy59 is not very well liked. (-100)
    good
    เว็บหนังx 18+ ไว้ดูแก้เหงา ดูฟรีทุกเรื่อง กว่า 1000 เรื่อง หนังเอ็กญี่ปุ่น [url=https://av-thai.vip/]คลิกที่นี้ [/url]

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    Ive done it for bench, incline too. Saves the joints.
    Keeps the focus on the chest too

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like to do partial reps for the plank.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    How does it save the joints?

When you lock out, the shoulders and elbows support the weight, not the pecs.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everything has a place... At the right time.

But first one that comes to mind isusually JM press or spoto press which inherently can't be full rom.

But I have zero issue locking out anything, joints are designed to lock, just Basic physiology and experience.
    From leg press to bench, it's often easier on your tendons to lock out, and there is no reason for constant tension. No more gains.

That's one of the reasons why we see so many pec and quad tears in bodybuilders (they NEVER train the rom and connective tissues, and they give out when stressed at joint angles) I'm down for it if it feels good on occasion tho for sure, but understand full that it's purely variation and not superior.

I'm not talking about hyper extension of joints or people with hyper mobility or old injuries.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just please for the love of god don’t start doing partial bench presses
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Currently I'm debating whether OHP should stop at the low end just underneath the chin or touch the collarbone.
    From a deadstop on the chest, always.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    I don't know if joints are designed to completely lock out hundreds of kilograms on leg press, for example. I never lock out completely on this. I don't consider it partial ROM, though, but my knees are not completely straight at the top. ​

Seriously? Not arguing, but from what I've seen, most bodybuilders (like 99%) train the full ROM. Squats, deadlifts, presses, rows.
    I thought the reasons are:
    - bad weight management and going for 1 rep max;
    - steroid use - muscle can handle the weight, but the joints cannot (plus they dried out a lot in certain cases);
    - just happens now and then for professionals - this guy explains it here, his form looks good, everything is in place, **** happens - Maybe because joints are not really designed for benching that much? https://youtu.be/uNnzvtmF4CI
    You can’t say the S word here, that is a bad word!

-Sir Isaac Newton

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've seen some really big dude doing partials-- constantly.

Do what feels right to you and don't worry about other people. I do inclined benching closer to my throat and don't bring it all the way down. Probably leave 2 inches. I'd crush my shoulders if I did. Great workout for upper pecs.