View Poll Results: Should I go with the total handle replacement from the company or the custom grip?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Total handle replacement from company

1 20.00%
  • Custom knurled stainless grip only

4 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    kduff73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Powerblock handles

I have an older set of Powerblock Pro Rexan dumbbells. I’m having a problem with the foam handles twisting. It’s like they’ve loosened up over time and I’m having a hard time gripping them on heavy lifts. Has anyone dealt with this problem or have any solutions? The company has a replacement handle (USA Elite) and I’ve also looked into custom stainless steel knurled handles for $205. What does everyone think?

Registered User PCRulesPSDrools's Avatar
    PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PCRulesPSDrools has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kduff73 View Post
    I have an older set of Powerblock Pro Rexan dumbbells. I’m having a problem with the foam handles twisting. It’s like they’ve loosened up over time and I’m having a hard time gripping them on heavy lifts. Has anyone dealt with this problem or have any solutions? The company has a replacement handle (USA Elite) and I’ve also looked into custom stainless steel knurled handles for $205. What does everyone think?
    I was considering replacing mine one time too, but the sad thing is mine were new powerblock pro steel knurled handles to begin with but they were a let down. Knurling felt chromed over and kind of slick on the hands especially when sweaty, the knurl was useless as it had almost no bite. I wound up abandoning the replacement project and just taped them over.

kduff73 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Taping grips

Originally Posted by PCRulesPSDrools View Post
    I was considering replacing mine one time too, but the sad thing is mine were new powerblock pro steel knurled handles to begin with but they were a let down. Knurling felt chromed over and kind of slick on the hands especially when sweaty, the knurl was useless as it had almost no bite. I wound up abandoning the replacement project and just taped them over.
    I was thinking about just cutting the foam handles and taping mine with grip tape for a tennis racket. What kind of tape did you use?