Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100)

Constant fatigue

Hello, I have gotten back into lifting, I'm almost 30. I've been doing John grimeks for two months
    A month ago I dropped the weight on the workouts and instead of 3 sets per exercise, I do 2. I'm still suffering for under recovery or overtraining. My muscles don't have dom or anything but my face feels it, mood, appetite drops, sleep starts sucking.

I'm confused because I eat very clean at a surplus most days (some work days I can't) 8 hours of sleep, yet I'm still having major fatigue for some days after workout, I'm doing reps of 10 with weight I could easily do 15-20 with. Thought I'd have to build up but even this is not seemingly working.

Last time I lifted years ago I did some weird Monday bicep, Tuesday chest, wed cardio, Thurs back, frid shoulders, sat legs(never did legs bcuz would get too fatigued).

So had chicken legs but now I am wanting fill body, compound exercises.

Should I just do essentially weightless lifts, only the bar, and toss like 5lb on a week? I mean for peat sake I only have 65lb bench I'm doing for 10 reps, same with bench and squats and rows. And I could probably double that.

I worked up to 160lb x5 bench years ago then injured myself. Am I simply too novice and need to remain very light weights for a few more months before trying to progress? Or does my routine (John grimek) just suck. I've looked at fierce five and such too, may go back to my old style or try one of those.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Is your body weight increasing?

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What is your fat intake?
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    What is your fat intake?
    That^^
    Eating "very clean" which is just bs to begin with as there is no n such thing clean food.

.. almost certainly means no fats.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Is your body weight increasing?
    my bodyweight went up maybe 1.5lbs in last couple months

My first year working out I put on 10lbs of muscle, then I stopped lifting for few years and now I just started again. I'm 5'11and 163lb.

@coachalande
    I did a iifym website and it came to around 2900/day to gain, which of me seems like alot, but I manage to get there most days with my new blender. (Ik some of you pushing 5k/day������)

I'll typically do breakfast, 3 eggs and two pieces of toast, with a small serving of fruit, (or no toast and bowl of oats) few hours later its usually a chicken breast and rice or nuts and a tunafish sandwhich, I workout, then have a yogurt pnut butter oatmeal shake protein scoop which is like 600-800 cal. Few hours later its maybe a burger with cheesy rice, big bowl of Kashi go. Then before bed it's usually cup of rice, cottage cheese chicken breast or burger, big bowl of salad. (Each meal is double the size of what I used to eat when didn't workout, and it's every 2-3 hours)

I haven't tracked my food in a while but seems like I'm eating well over my needed, because before I was weightlifting I'd eat when hungry, maybe about 1-3 meals a day. Now I'm eating quadruple that. I don't even get hungry lol, always full. Maybe I need to eat more still..!

When I made all the gains a long time ago I wasn't working much and pretty much lifted every morning and ate like a fat pig all day. Now I am much more busy, but still try to get a full plate of food or two in every 3 hours or so. Few days a week I work and can't really eat there but I'll drink a calorie bomb shake before work, midway shift I eat a pnut butter sandwich, cliff bar, and whey scoop, then max out on food when I get home before bed.

I appreciate your responses. I am a noob but trying to take this serious, I write down every lift and weight I do, only slow now because of the lack of energy recovery over last couple months.

Thank you
    Last edited by Rsurf72; 09-13-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    That^^
    Eating "very clean" which is just bs to begin with as there is no n such thing clean food.

.. almost certainly means no fats.
    Maybe i need more fat. I did hit over my ratio that iifym had, not sure how accurate that sight is. Thanks for your answer.

Maybe I'll add an avocado in daily

Originally Posted by Rsurf72 View Post
    Maybe i need more fat. id hit over my ratio that iifym had, not sure how accurate that sight is. Thanks for your answer.

By very clean I simply met, no alcohol or smoking and no fast food/candy or pizza or what have you, pretty much single ingredient foods.
    But I see what you mean, especially if looking at it strictly molecular

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe i need more fat. I did hit over my ratio that iifym had, not sure how accurate that sight is. Thanks for your answer.

"I haven't tracked my food in a while"
    That's step one to fix for sure.

Get that squared away.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    By very clean I simply met, no alcohol or smoking and no fast food/candy or pizza or what have you, pretty much single ingredient foods.
    Pizza is awesome. Plenty of carbs, fat (you do need some saturated fat) and quality protein. Its bad reputation is unfortunate.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    Pizza is awesome. Plenty of carbs, fat (you do need some saturated fat) and quality protein. Its bad reputation is unfortunate.
    Completely agree. Pizza is what separates the women from the men. Isn't that right xpiro

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Completely agree. Pizza is what separates the women from the men. Isn't that right xpiro
    Add fries and it’s a guaranteed multiple PR lift the next day.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    Add fries and it’s a guaranteed multiple PR lift the next day.
    Throw some garlic sauce on aswell!

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    My wife is the only woman I know who eats the whole pizza (even when we're talking Gozitan style ftira i.e. a really thick pizza base), every time. She's only 5'2" 50kg so I don't know where it all goes.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    And it tastes great. One of the most ideal meals, IMO.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, that's pretty much what people mean by "clean foods" and how they start getting into trouble.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP - you mention 2900cals to gain - do you weigh EVERY SINGLE THING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH (and plan to swallow, i mean) 🤣

with a food scale....

and therefore know you are in a surplus? seems like you are eating at maintenance. you could still have better improvement even at maintenance - but i tend to agree with answers so far - you may not be eating enough fat - or enough period.

also - how much fat (cals or grams - not just the source) you eat in an average day?

are you ripped or skinny fat? i mean at 5'11" and 163lbs - seems like you really need some extra contractile tissue - which is your goal - so how about the intake?

you are a bit young for normal, getting older dude test issues - but lots of reasons it could be low - have you had it checked?
    New Year Fat Loss thread --> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180906143&p=1652695513#post1652695513

start: 248.6 (3/10/21) | bf ~50.0% (9/3/21)
    current: 182.2 (1/13/22) | bf 28.6% (1/13/22)
    new year cut goal: ~165-170lbs & bf~21-22%
    ^^^^^^same as long term goal^^^^^^

Originally Posted by mtnmama View Post
    OP - you mention 2900cals to gain - do you weigh EVERY SINGLE THING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH (and plan to swallow, i mean) ������

with a food scale....

and therefore know you are in a surplus? seems like you are eating at maintenance. you could still have better improvement even at maintenance - but i tend to agree with answers so far - you may not be eating enough fat - or enough period.

also - how much fat (cals or grams - not just the source) you eat in an average day?

are you ripped or skinny fat? i mean at 5'11" and 163lbs - seems like you really need some extra contractile tissue - which is your goal - so how about the intake?

you are a bit young for normal, getting older dude test issues - but lots of reasons it could be low - have you had it checked?
    Contractile tissue, I like that. Im on the skinny average side, meaning I have a small layer of fat on my belly (not ripped), visible striations elsewhere on the body. Shoulders arms legs ect. When I started working out the first time years ago I was just under 150. Didn't really lose much weight from stopping for a couple years.

I've had full panel(?) blood tests done recently, I didn't see anything about test, I know they did thyroid which is good.
    Perhaps I will invest in a scale

I probably get 100-150/g fat daily give or take.

I've started 3eggs and oats for breakfast, then chicken and rice second meal, workout, then cup oats, yogurt, pnut butter, whey, fruit in a shake, then maybe tuna sandwhich or some pork and sweet potato. Then like a salad an rice and maybe two burgers before bed. Somtimes with cottage.
    Can add two bowls of Kashi go randomly throughout the day if I desire.
    Sometimes a bag of pea crisps or some cashews

I suppose what frustrates me most is how light I'm lifting and still experiencing this. Plenty in the tank after each set. Ah well. I'll keep working on the foundation.

Mobile forum is cancer on my phone, registers half my keys.

I appreciate the responses.
    Last edited by Rsurf72; 09-22-2021 at 03:12 AM.

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try taking two to four days off. Maybe a week if you’ve not done that in a few months.

Also how are your last couple reps of the set? I constantly used to go RPE 9.5 and 10 (probably beyond and was having broken form). Kills the CNS. Make sure you’re not doing that.
    **^^ gone ^^**

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xuerebx View Post
    I don't know where it all goes.
    I may have an idea…

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Try taking two to four days off. Maybe a week if you’ve not done that in a few months.

Also how are your last couple reps of the set? I constantly used to go RPE 9.5 and 10 (probably beyond and was having broken form). Kills the CNS. Make sure you’re not doing that.
    Right now my last couple reps are cake sauce easy. Except squats and stiffdeads. This week I really upped my food intake, previous reply suggested I was likely eating at maintence, which is hard to believe but likely the truth, when I don't focus on gaining muscle I eat a third of what I am now. Lol.

Perhaps the problems so many intense exercises every workout, gotta work up to that. As in squats pullups bench. All quite taxing on the nerves.

Yesterday I did alot of row variations, today I did chest, tomorrow I'm resting then hitting ab/legs probably.

I'd like to incorporate pullups and pushups in my routine.

Might do this type of split for a couple months if it works then flop over on the fierce five A B A week 1, B A B week 2 routine. And really try some compound pwnage once my protein synthesis is up (so new)

I read a study that showed 2-3 min rest improved strength and muscle growth vs 1 min rest in-between. I watch tubers who say 15+ reps. But they're also on roids, so Natty's stick to 10-12 reps typically for hypertrophy?

I'm up 5 lbs in like two weeks. Zoinks I think I may have overdone it on the eating. Once my schedule is a little nicer it'll be macro counting time
    Last edited by Rsurf72; 09-24-2021 at 07:56 AM.