Thread: Sup 2021?

DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Smile Sup 2021?

Hi folks,

long time forum member here (started in 2005, then from around 2008 new name/account); haven't been around here for at least 5-6 years. I think I commented something on "huperzine A" last year, but I have to admit that I am completely out of the loop when it comes to relevant supplement developments in the better part of the last decade.

So, what relevant did I miss? Any new "breakthrough" supplements out there?

What is up with the history?

--> Are the science guys still around who were the first to bring sesamine for fat-loss to the market (forgot the name of company, but remember very painfully the rhabdomyolsis I got from it, haha)?
    --> What happened to the nootropics segment? Who remembers the infamous "prolin analogue" the true chemical and pharmacological nature of which a few guys (cough, cough) dismanteled through some collaborative detective work and the bb.com forum was the first place to publicly talk about that? Aaah, that were the times....
    --> Are other veterans still on board (pu12ene12gy, uhockey, neuron, NO HYPE, "Dr.D", velikimajmun, PA, Bane, etc.)

So, if someone cares to bring a bb.com forum veteran member back into the loop, I would be grateful.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    FDA NDI guidelines and supply chain issues with getting things from China make a lot of innovation difficult, not sure what happened to the nootropic segment but I know often times when I post referencing synthetically derived compounds it gets deleted and a lot of people still lurk or are banned as far as I know but your post may bring them out of the wood work.
    My secret? Texting between sets.

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DR_P View Post
    Hi folks,

long time forum member here (started in 2005, then from around 2008 new name/account); haven't been around here for at least 5-6 years. I think I commented something on "huperzine A" last year, but I have to admit that I am completely out of the loop when it comes to relevant supplement developments in the better part of the last decade.

So, what relevant did I miss? Any new "breakthrough" supplements out there?

What is up with the history?

--> Are the science guys still around who were the first to bring sesamine for fat-loss to the market (forgot the name of company, but remember very painfully the rhabdomyolsis I got from it, haha)?
    --> What happened to the nootropics segment? Who remembers the infamous "prolin analogue" the true chemical and pharmacological nature of which a few guys (cough, cough) dismanteled through some collaborative detective work and the bb.com forum was the first place to publicly talk about that? Aaah, that were the times....
    --> Are other veterans still on board (pu12ene12gy, uhockey, neuron, NO HYPE, "Dr.D", velikimajmun, PA, Bane, etc.)

So, if someone cares to bring a bb.com forum veteran member back into the loop, I would be grateful.
    The new hotness is a sketchy pre workout called Excelsior by Imperial Nutrition.

If you loved Craze from back in the day, Excelsior is right up your alley.

DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    FDA NDI guidelines and supply chain issues with getting things from China make a lot of innovation difficult, not sure what happened to the nootropic segment but I know often times when I post referencing synthetically derived compounds it gets deleted and a lot of people still lurk or are banned as far as I know but your post may bring them out of the wood work.
    Hey, thanks a lot! I am not necessarily interested in chemically derived substances/nootropics (that was just some memories from the past that reminded me of the glorious days of bb.com forums) but mostly if there were some major developments in general.

In my time, Creatine, Whey and EAAs were all the hype, with some specific peptides-enriched (pepto-pro?) hydrolysates being the icing on the cake.
    Back then, there was a lot of different forms of Creatine, CreAlkalyn, Creatine-EE and later Creatine-Nitrate being some major buzzwords.
    Not sure if everybody is taking just Creatine-Monohydrate nowadays or whether there some modern forms of it that are popular.

Originally Posted by sloop View Post
    The new hotness is a sketchy pre workout called Excelsior by Imperial Nutrition.

If you loved Craze from back in the day, Excelsior is right up your alley.
    Sounds interesting... will have a look into it.

eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In my time, Creatine, Whey and EAAs were all the hype, with some specific peptides-enriched (pepto-pro?) hydrolysates being the icing on the cake.
    Back then, there was a lot of different forms of Creatine, CreAlkalyn, Creatine-EE and later Creatine-Nitrate being some major buzzwords.
    Not sure if everybody is taking just Creatine-Monohydrate nowadays or whether there some modern forms of it that are popular.
    Between the cost and difficulty flavoring peptopro fell out of favor but BCAAs are more popular than ever, Kaged Muscle tried to introduce Creaclear but ironically it doesn't readily dissolve

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It was discovered 5g/day creatine mono is enough since loading isn't needed, biggest breakthrough since powdered protein.

Between the cost and difficulty flavoring peptopro fell out of favor but BCAAs are more popular than ever, Kaged Muscle tried to introduce Creaclear but ironically it doesn't readily dissolve
    Ah, OK, thanks for the update. What a pity, quite a few people thought that these Pepto-Pro products were quite useful (does anybody remember "Intrabolic"? A blend of pepto pro and EAAs)

Originally Posted by DASBUNKER View Post
    It was discovered 5g/day creatine mono is enough since loading isn't needed, biggest breakthrough since powdered protein.
    Haha, in other words: nothing new under the sun... ;-)
    Damn, I have the impression that quite a bit of the "innovative spirit" of the early 2000s has gone...and that the market has consolidated to basic but better researched compunds.

[...]BCAAs are more popular than ever, [...]
    NOw I am surprised because it was my impression that the research on BCAAs did not reveal great benefits and that EAAs were superior.

Ah, OK, thanks for the update. What a pity, quite a few people thought that these Pepto-Pro products were quite useful (does anybody remember "Intrabolic"? A blend of pepto pro and EAAs)
    There was that and Omega Sports Strive that used it from what I remember

NOw I am surprised because it was my impression that the research on BCAAs did not reveal great benefits and that EAAs were superior.
    Mostly because people are using them to flavor their water instead of looking for actual benefits

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Longtime Dr_P, how you been?
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Longtime Dr_P, how you been?
    Hey hey, Спасибо for asking ;-). I am fine. Completely out of training, though, so I though it would be a great idea to start again. And of course, supps are great fun, and have always been. That's why I keep coming back here at legendary bb.com forums every once in a while to see what's new.
    How are you doing?
    By the way, despite being in a different continent, I visited Chicago pretty much exactly 10 years ago. What an impressive town. When an address is "5 blocks away" then in Europe you would need not more than 5 minutes walk. In Chicago, on the other hand... you need a taxi, haha.

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey hey, Спасибо for asking ;-). I am fine. Completely out of training, though, so I though it would be a great idea to start again. And of course, supps are great fun, and have always been. That's why I keep coming back here at legendary bb.com forums every once in a while to see what's new.
    How are you doing?
    By the way, despite being in a different continent, I visited Chicago pretty much exactly 10 years ago. What an impressive town. When an address is "5 blocks away" then in Europe you would need not more than 5 minutes walk. In Chicago, on the other hand... you need a taxi, haha.
    Our blocks are a bit longer What type of supps are you thinking about to help get you back into the game?

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Our blocks are a bit longer What type of supps are you thinking about to help get you back into the game?
    Fat loss, primarily. However, historically I don't tolerate those "anti-cortisol" supplements such as 7-oxo.
    I also seem to bee way too sensitive to PPAR modulators such as sesamin.

I never tried fucoxanthin, so this is something I would be interested in trying.
    I could make good use of something mildly stimulatory and appetite suppressive, however it must not be anything dubious based on amphetamines that might be neurotoxic in the long run. It should also not be based on caffeine, as I prefer rather a good coffee for the antioxidants neuroprotective effects. So, a mild, long-, lasting stimulant that goes well with coffee and does not cause jitters or energy crashes.

So, this would probably be the first supplement class I would be searching for.

Fat loss, primarily. However, historically I don't tolerate those "anti-cortisol" supplements such as 7-oxo.
    I also seem to bee way too sensitive to PPAR modulators such as sesamin.

I never tried fucoxanthin, so this is something I would be interested in trying.
    I could make good use of something mildly stimulatory and appetite suppressive, however it must not be anything dubious based on amphetamines that might be neurotoxic in the long run. It should also not be based on caffeine, as I prefer rather a good coffee for the antioxidants neuroprotective effects. So, a mild, long-, lasting stimulant that goes well with coffee and does not cause jitters or energy crashes.

So, this would probably be the first supplement class I would be searching for.
    Core Shred might interest you

Have you tried anything with Dynamine?

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz
    Hallo. You are thinking of scivation for the sesame (scivation was sold). None of the vets are around anymore. Neuron sometimes posts, but usually in the misc. None of the science guys are around anymore, and supps are not nearly as innovative as back then so you're not missing much.

Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey brother,
    How are you doing? Been a looonnngg time since I looked at the forum, kind of lost interest after criticizing any supplement not from your company resulted in a ban, heck the forum doesn't even have a Supplement Science section anymore.

Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good to see some old faces. Man I miss the old forums.
    call me the rap assasinator, rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger.