Thread: Periodization

czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Periodization

Hello,

Recently, I've been reading a lot of articles about Linear, undulating, and Daily Undulating prioritization. I would like to know which one will work out best for bodybuilding routine that is looking for the overall aesthetics look.

I'm having tough time find examples for bodybuilding. Every example is based for power lifting Big 3.

Currently I'm running a PPL routine and use it for 4 days.

Push Days:

Hori push
    vert. push
    SQ
    Hori push
    vert push
    Bulgarian sq.

Pull Days:

Hori Pull
    Vert Pull
    DL
    Hori Pull
    Vert Pull
    Glute bridges

Lower Hypertrophy:

Cable Pull through
    Hack Squats
    Unilateral Leg Extensions
    Unilateral Leg curls
    Standing Calf Rasie

Upper Hypertrophy:

hori. push
    vert. push
    hori pull
    vert push
    tricep pushdowns
    bicep curls

As of right now, I enjoy running this routine. Need some help adjusting sets/ reps.

How can adjust to for bodybuilding and get some volume?
    What is the best way to adjust my sets/ reps to achieve this goal?

My goals is to improve my muscle endurance for my chinups and push ups. Chin ups I would like to achieve 5-10 reps without assistance bands. Push ups I would like to to do more than 10 reps.

Thank you,

czulsk

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It probably is an unnecessary complication for hypertrophy.

If you want to dive into why that is read this: https://www.strongerbyscience.com/periodization-data/

IMO, all you need is some kind of self regulation (e.g. using RIR or RPE) to determine effort per set. This combined with a dynamic approach to deciding total volume (number of work sets per week per body part) - perhaps a ramping approach or just adjust in response to long term progress

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by czulsk View Post
    Hello,

Recently, I've been reading a lot of articles about Linear, undulating, and Daily Undulating prioritization. I would like to know which one will work out best for bodybuilding routine that is looking for the overall aesthetics look.

I'm having tough time find examples for bodybuilding. Every example is based for power lifting Big 3...
    I don't know what you're reading, but Daily Undulating Periodization is adaptable to any goal. Google is your friend.
    Now there are short and simple exercises which tire the body rapidly, and so save our time; and time is something of which we ought to keep strict account. These exercises are running, brandishing weights, and jumping…. Select for practice any one of these, and you will find it plain and easy. But whatever you do, come back soon from body to mind.

Seneca, Moral Epistles

czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) czulsk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    I don't know what you're reading, but Daily Undulating Periodization is adaptable to any goal. Google is your friend.

Sorry I’m an expat in China. Therefore Google isn’t always there for me. I have to manage what I have.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by czulsk View Post
    Sorry I’m an expat in China. Therefore Google isn’t always there for me. I have to manage what I have.
    It sounds like you know what DUP is. Pick a routine that you like and apply the principles. There are no mandatory exercises, but it's always a good idea to do some kind of squat and hip hinge along with pushes and pulls and loaded carries and lunges.
    Now there are short and simple exercises which tire the body rapidly, and so save our time; and time is something of which we ought to keep strict account. These exercises are running, brandishing weights, and jumping…. Select for practice any one of these, and you will find it plain and easy. But whatever you do, come back soon from body to mind.

Seneca, Moral Epistles